Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

NHL 19 Edition
'Closed' Beta: Now
Release Date: September 14th (or 3 days early with Early Access)

It's the same as NHL 18 except for:

NHL Ones -- Arcade 1v1v1 Mode -- Pond Hockey, with checking, and a goalie
Loot bags.

Hockles fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos
:homebrew: Can't wait to pay my annual friend tax to play this lovely game with my friends.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I'm the same exact deke everyone uses to beat the cpu goalie in eashl on breakaways

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I'm the same exact deke everyone uses to beat the cpu goalie in eashl on breakaways

Why'd you change your name and avatar, sba?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
467CP-R7GFW-HC7TD-3WH4G-X7RJZ
6Q3HM-QRHKH-WCPH6-QK3D2-CH3CZ

Xbox Codes

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
YOU ASKED FOR IT, EA FINALLY DELIVERS:

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/status/892777144429928449

oh wait no one asked for this they asked for pretty much everything else BUT this

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Mascot sounds like fun though.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Athanatos posted:

467CP-R7GFW-HC7TD-3WH4G-X7RJZ
6Q3HM-QRHKH-WCPH6-QK3D2-CH3CZ

Xbox Codes

claimed the first code

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Good god I can't play EASHL / online modes with the stock settings anymore. It feels soooo loving slow like my dudes are skating in sand. If I bump the speed up a significant amount (and checking) then Threes™ becomes *GASP* almost entertaining

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Oh man who's hype for some NHL 18 this week?? Let's go!!!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

triplexpac posted:

Oh man who's hype for some NHL 18 this week?? Let's go!!!

Also, you're a month early

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
boy oh boy I can't wait to skip out on this year's edition of "lose the puck in your skates and never complete a pass" simulator

maybe I'll get to play it for free in 6 months with EA Access

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Hockles posted:

Also, you're a month early

Haha dang I thought it was out in August. Well, lots of time for hype to keep building then, phew.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Turdsdown Tom posted:

boy oh boy I can't wait to skip out on this year's edition of "lose the puck in your skates and never complete a pass" simulator

maybe I'll get to play it for free in 6 months with EA Access

AI Defenseman collects puck around mid ice: immediately skates straight down in an attempt to stuff the puck in his own net.

How is that STILL in the game after all these years?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Guys, I'm scared. Franchise Mode featuring mid-season contract extensions and "Franchise 32" mode, complete with expansion draft and create-your-own AHL affiliate, actually sounds fun.

I mean, we still need ATOs and PTOs so we can sign and release depth guys in the minors as needed, but I'm actually excited about trying this.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Did they ever fix the rookie draft?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Volkerball posted:

Did they ever fix the rookie draft?

Fix how?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hockles posted:

Fix how?

It was patched in the last game I owned. Can't remember which year. Before that it just Auto drafted for you when the date came up. And even after the patch, scouting was hosed and you couldn't really tell who had high potential. Compared to the PS3 games years ago, it was just an exercise in frustration. Basically, is the draft reliable and predictable enough that you can build a team with it?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Yeah, with my comprehensive work doing my Goon Be A Pro again, I noticed that you can find generational talent in the draft. There is a game-generated player that grew up to be a 96OVR Center that is consistently in the Top 5/10 of stats and makes the All-Star Game yearly. You have the ability to scout the regions (OHL/QMJHL/Russia/etc) like you used to, and it gives the projected draft position (Top 5, Top 10, 1st Round, etc) and it is a pretty good indicator on how they are going to perform in their career. I just created some abominations to traditional attributes, so my created goons get skewed stats, like 49 goals and 0 assists in a season by a defenseman.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
90+ overall generated players who don't put up 20 point seasons their whole career? :thunk:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

If you're an idiot that likes dumb bad things, early access has started.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Is it true that the digital version unlocks fully next Tuesday, but the physical disc version isn't available until next Friday?

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009
Anyone have early access to this dumb piece of poo poo game? Is it still a dumb piece of poo poo?

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

the last signal... posted:

Anyone have early access to this dumb piece of poo poo game? Is it still a dumb piece of poo poo?

Yes

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

See topic title.

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Dale will always steer you in the RIGHT direction!

Kragger99 posted:

Is it true that the digital version unlocks fully next Tuesday, but the physical disc version isn't available until next Friday?

I believe only if you have the young stars or young stars deluxe version

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

We got dynamic beard technology yet?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Dale Meets Wall posted:

I believe only if you have the young stars or young stars deluxe version

Yeah I went digital but refused to pay the extra $10 on principle. Already stealing $60 from me.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Mostly been playing through the Threes mode. Real nhl 10 vibes from it on the first feelings, especially since you can curve shot. Circuit mode lets you unlock stuff during it, New players, mascots, Jerseys. Some unlocks are based on online co-op, beating everything("stars"), difficulties. There is 152 games you play in the mode

They added a practice mode to teach you how to do hockey things, sponsored by Hockey Canada.

HUT has offline challenges now for more points, do not ask about HUT

EASHL seems the same, Didn't delve super deep into it. New logos though!

Otherwise, game play made some weird changes I don't get in the control scheme.
No Longer is there the cut at the puck (RB+Up)
Cannot figure out how to hipcheck consistently
The New Defensive skill stick just seems to get in the way more, should of just kept it how it was last year.
Cannot make an instant pass after a reception. This might be an error, But i cannot receive a pass and immediately one touch it to someone else. This seems really weird.
Comps now wont always pass you the puck when you call for it.

Currently going through franchise to see what works and doesn't. Everything as a whole has faster menus, and simming doesn't actually take forever.

EDIT : Also, ten free hours with EA Access, and Ive put in about 6, with 3 of that being threes, as it feels better then actually playing the other modes.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Wait, you only get 10 hours worth of preview gameplay across however many days, after paying for EA Access in the first place?

LIBERTIES!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Why people still, or ever, paid actual real live moneys for EA access is still a thing that continues to blow my mind

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

It actually turned out to be a pretty decent service, especially if you like their sports games or the vault games?

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Pleads posted:

It actually turned out to be a pretty decent service, especially if you like their sports games or the vault games?

This. I use it on other games. I found 18 to be just about the same game as 17 in EASHL...for the one game I've played in OTP.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I skipped a year and mostly play BAP and drop-in so I appreciate the vastly improved on-ice coaching. I'm having fun!

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Duke Chin posted:

Why people still, or ever, paid actual real live moneys for EA access is still a thing that continues to blow my mind

Because paying 5$ a month to an access of 20 games i can play whenever I want, get free trials for thir games. Plus the included discount on those games. (Pay 5$, get 7$ off in Canada.). Being able to give NHL 18 a good ten hour test run for 5$ is decent. Add in I get 10 hours of fifa, 10 hours of Madden, plus everything else or the backlog, is well worth the price.

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...
This is the first year I'm skipping this game since 09.

I am a poke check spammer in online, so I think I would love this game, but I think playing against the Mortal Kombat dekers will be incredibly annoying.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
BAP seems to be pretty much identical to last year, which is disappointing, though the color customization for skate laces/tape doesn't seem to be working yet (probably a bug). I am loving the challenges in HUT though. That's a great addition. Haven't tried Threes yet, but looking forward to it.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Kragger99 posted:

BAP seems to be pretty much identical to last year, which is disappointing, though the color customization for skate laces/tape doesn't seem to be working yet (probably a bug).

Nah that's coming back in the next generation console as a New Feature

lol they can't even CTRL-C -> CTRL-V old code right

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Kragger99 posted:

BAP seems to be pretty much identical to last year

Mine crashed twice in the first two games I tried.

Combined with the shitpile that is EASHL this year, I'm sending a note to MS to demand/beg for a refund. Lesson learned. Do not preorder NHL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Why pre order anything? Like do you get a golden hockey stick or something? I'll never understand why people feel the compulsion to buy a game before anyone has had a chance to say how poo poo it is.