Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

EA went to the effort to get a recording of the organ and "Let's Go Hawks" chant at United Center for a faceoff but can't get a simple "Let's Go Blue Jackets" chant right. :iiam:

I'm playing Franchise Mode as the CBJ but I almost want to go back and play as Vegas to see what I can do with the actual roster, plus a few free agent signings. AI VGK signed RJ Umberger to a two-way deal and gave Jarome Iginla a home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
considering you can start your franchise before the expansion draft I really want to do a vegas "win this year" run but haven't gotten around to it yet

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Jack_tripper posted:

considering you can start your franchise before the expansion draft I really want to do a vegas "win this year" run but haven't gotten around to it yet

Look forward to your update in which you fail to go 25-9-2 in your first 36 games.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jack_tripper posted:

I just realized this game may have a little longer shelf life than any other NHL game because there's only one first season for Vegas, so no matter if you go with the actual roster or do your own expansion draft, it would still be somewhat accurate in terms of rosters.

I'm probably going to play at least one season as Vegas once I get bored with the Columbus dynasty, with some creative liberties taken.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
people need to have this stupid game for PS4 and want to play EASHL with me right???

christ what a waste of $30 I wish I had friends

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid
I am having some troubles beating draft champions against the CPU. Can anyone who doesn't suck help me with this?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

In true EA fashion, the latest swathe of HUT updates has completely loving broken the games online modes. Looping faceoff bug in EASHL? Check. Constant connection losses in Versus and goalies just being utterly useless again? Check.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Just in time for this pile of trash to be thrown in the garbage heap of the EA Access Vault.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Convenient double-post: This pile of trash is now in the garbage heap of the EA Access Vault.

It's bad. It doesn't feel like hockey.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I liked it until I picked up a copy of NHL 14 for 360 and the players actually have weight and do hockey man things. Wow 2014 is a good game.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Empress Brosephine posted:

Yeah I liked it until I picked up a copy of NHL 14 for 360 and the players actually have weight and do hockey man things. Wow 2014 is a good game.

That's only because you're comparing it to this pile of poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnkNC4pjJGo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mr433A6GNA

Bradf0rd fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 25, 2018

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is 14 not good then

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I had the most fun with NHL 2004 on the gamecube. I thought that one was pretty solid, and my roommate and I had a ton of fun making teams out of gimmick characters and playing against each other. Otherwise the early 2k games were really good too on the 360. 14 is good compared to the newer iteration of EA games, but it's not really good compared to the 2k games outside of the skill stick, which really was a big improvement on buttons.

The best EA game since 2004 was that 3v3 with the fun powerups that was on Xbox360 Arcade.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked NHL 2k 5 on Xbox which one after that was the best?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Florida offered me (CBJ) a 3rd round pick in exchange for a 3rd, 4th, 6th, and an AHL defenseman.

What the hell even is that trade? It's so stupid, I had to read it two or three times to understand what was going on. :psyduck:

E- and I countered with the same deal but with Florida sending back Jared McCann also and got the pissy reply. :psyboom:

And I know somebody asked in one of these threads, but EA Vegas is third in the Pacific 32 games in with 37 points.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 7, 2018

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No switch or pc version of 19 ugh

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
A switch version would have been :airquote:nice:airquote: but they're never gonna touch pc again

Also lol at half ice "pond hockey" w/ a goalie and $60 for snow parkas

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
No frostbite no purchase.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Is free agency in franchise mode still absolutely retarded? ie. amazing young players are aplenty every year to sign/players ask for stupid contracts/etc?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The thing I hate most about sports video games is how Ultimate Team has taken over. I honestly prefer 1 vs 1 with the regular team rosters and I realize it exists but its been so de-emphasized. Like I prefer just competing with the real teams not ones where I have to become a fake stock broker to deal with rosters.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Loot crate

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I played NHL 18 like three times and that's it.

Is this new one gonna be really bad? As if I have to ask

Fuzzie Dunlop
Apr 14, 2013

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Is free agency in franchise mode still absolutely retarded? ie. amazing young players are aplenty every year to sign/players ask for stupid contracts/etc?

I played like 3+ seasons of the be a GM mode with a new expansion team and I'd say it was reasonable. The first few years there was actually no one over like 85 on the FA market, then a few years in Panarin and then Tavares were FAs and went for like $8M and $11M/yr. I always looked for high potential FAs and never found much, maybe like a random 24 year old with high 70s overall and yellow top 6 potential but that's it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Ginette Reno posted:

I played NHL 18 like three times and that's it.

Is this new one gonna be really bad? As if I have to ask

This is going to be the first one since they introduced the skill stick that I skip. I barely played 18 and I’m finally fatigued with the same old same old

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

NHL 16 17 18 19 -- Different Year, Same Game

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

aunt jemima posted:

NHL 16 17 18 19 -- Different Year, Same Game

if only thread titles had bbCode

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

It really is pretty unbelievable how little attention the NHL franchise has received. They did an engine "overhaul" (it was primarily graphics aka lipstick on a pig, still no Frostbite) like, 3+ years ago? When the new consoles came out? Even before that, they were in a 2-3 year rut, and it's been the same poo poo every year. Improved skating (it isn't), better puck pick ups (they aren't), and one gimmick mode that sucks.

All the talent has been siphoned off (for UFC and NBA of all things) and this thing just lumbers on, barely surviving on the sales of desperate hockey fans and the far more lucrative HUT system.

I guess what I'm saying is Rammer should be getting inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame this year alongside Gary Bettman.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Pleads posted:

They did an engine "overhaul" (it was primarily graphics aka lipstick on a pig, still no Frostbite) like, 3+ years ago? When the new consoles came out?

Flappy jerseys and diffused light earlobes!
...what a banner year. :allears:

I remember the next year when they touted "hey guys, we made the collision boxes for the puck puck-shaped finally! That's right, you've been playing with a puck-shaped sphere this whole time!"

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I don't even think it's worth making a new thread for next year.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
NHL 18 is 11 bucks on the PS4 sale. I probably paid way too much. So did EA just kill off OTP?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

NHL 19 Beta is out today.

Loot crates.

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

Is it actually different or more of the same?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They said they changed the skating/hitting blah blah blah. It's 22gb

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

3 Ones games trip report:

The mode is a fresh idea, I'll give them that. It's of course designed solely to be a vessel for loot boxes.
It was pretty funny that the first game was 3 people wearing literally the exact same default clothing. The only difference was the marker above our head.
The goalie AI was the same, and there were some goals that are not humanly possible that of course went in. The way the body contorted to "wind up" the shot wouldn't be able to generate any force to shoot, but it went bar-down anyway
Recently used/Custom colors are now color swatches, instead of divided up on a pie graph

The game feels basically the same. Maybe the weight of players has been made more realistic. It took forever for my guy to get back up if he got knocked over by a check.

Also, there was a tuner update when I logged on. Fun.

e: Oh yeah, there are audio clips for smacktalk. When you score a goal or make a big check.

Hockles fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 27, 2018

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I was just reminded that this is the 10th anniversary of EASHL. Happy 10 years, idiots!

rip OG Killdozers

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
there are loot crates now

there are loot crates

:stare: what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck eat poo poo EA

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

If you buy this game or even install the beta you are dumb and I hate you.

Let the franchise die. Maybe something better will rise from the ashes.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Pleads posted:

If you buy this game or even install the beta you are dumb and I hate you.

Let the franchise die. Maybe something better will rise from the ashes.

What time you wanna play tonight?

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

Yeah it's pretty much the same on gameplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You need the lootboxes to be a functional player lol. gently caress EA. Skipping this one.