Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Man, why weren't you using your shield during the lizalfos fight? You turtle up and don't take hits from the sword attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Well. The obvious answer is that it was hubris. But I'll need to put that in check pretty quickly or I'll be getting wrecked hard in the next couple of dungeons.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I always found the easiest way to fight the Lizalfos is to just stay on the starting platform, keep your sword and shield ready, wait for them to come, and attack when you can, shield when you need. You won't get hit at all that way.

A little thing that's useful to know is that Lizalfos are programmed such that if one jumps away, the other one will come straight for you after a couple of seconds. If you start jumping from platform to platform you'll lose track of them and may get surprise attacked from behind, but if you just wait for them to come for you, you can end the battle in a couple hits.

Also, I'm sad you didn't use the Hylian Shield against King Dodongo's rolling attack. The TING TING TING TING when every one of his hits just bounces off your shield is great. Trivializes the fight even more.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I actually didn't know about King Dodongo bouncing off of it. I've always just side stepped him since it's the easiest way to do it for me. I've played the game a lot, but I do admit that once I found my way of playing it I didn't mess around in fights and stuff as much as I could. Maybe I'll change that from here on. See what can be exploited.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

With the dodongos successfully bombed, it is now time for Mel to take control again. Where will she take us? Well, she has a handy list to let us know exactly where to go.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Warmal posted:

With the dodongos successfully bombed, it is now time for Mel to take control again. Where will she take us? Well, she has a handy list to let us know exactly where to go.

Water doesn't make the plants grow in this game, just Majoras Mask.

You don't get the heart piece immediately when you grow the last frog; you get the normal rupees and then get access to a minigame that you can ignore. Just don't play the Song of Storms to them because that's for a second completely separate heart piece.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I'll be sure to watch that then. I'm sure some more super frogs would be nice to see in general.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Can you believe we're already at the next dungeon? Mel just has us flying through this game.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Who drew the map for Lord Jabu-Jabu's Belly? I mean, obviously not Ruto or else she would've been able to go find her missing thing.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Guess I'll be the one to mention those electric worms can be killed. You may have noticed that they were dying while you were saying you couldn't kill them. That's because Ruto was falling on them. She is a powerful weapon and it's fun to throw her at monsters. The boomerang also works.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

If Breath of the Wild is to be believed, apparently Zoras live significantly longer than Hylians, so Ruto might actually be significantly older than Link, for added creepiness factor! I wonder if this gets carried over to the Rito, their descendants.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I never really thought about that. Though, I think the Zora's living longer is probably a new thing, considering the time skip in this game. But no, yeah. This is all the more creepy when you think about that. And still, Link doesn't understand or know anything about affection.

Alpha3KV posted:

Guess I'll be the one to mention those electric worms can be killed. You may have noticed that they were dying while you were saying you couldn't kill them. That's because Ruto was falling on them. She is a powerful weapon and it's fun to throw her at monsters. The boomerang also works.

Thank you for being 'that guy.' Next time I play, I am throwing her at all of the things.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Did you know that I'm kind of incapable of talking? Because I am.

In this video we make our way around the map, and set ourselves up for some time shenanigans.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I love this LP. A lot.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Glorious :allears:

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I'm glad you're enjoying this. I've been wanting to LP this game in this format for so long. I was really worried it was going to fall flat.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah it's fun. On one hand we get to see the game through new eyes, on the other hand, because you got the wheel and know the game, there isn't hours of stumbling around getting nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I'm really happy everyone is enjoying this so much. Which is why it pains me to say that I will be closing this thread. The LP is in no way over. I'm enjoying it way to much. But due to some things going on on the forums in regards to my wife and I, we no longer feel comfortable using this site. So, if you would still like to watch you are free to do so. You can comment on youtube, or follow the other version of this thread on the LP Zone right HERE.

I didn't want to close down here. But I just can't keep supporting this place it seems. I'm sorry if this inconveniences anyone, but family will come first. Mel and I will see this through to the end, just not on here.

• Locked thread