Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

They don't have the rights to any of it, TV Asahi does. The broadcaster puts up the money for production and as such owns the recordings - whereas New Japan retains ownership of the IP and talent contracts in this arrangement.

It's why Kenny felt a little bad after Wrestle Kingdom - TV Asahi airs the main event of WK like an hour or two after the show wraps up, and there's a time limit so breaks can be inserted without cutting the match, and they went like five minutes over - to the point where when the announcer called that they hit 40 minutes, he turned to Gedo and said "do we go home now?", having planned another few sequences before the finish, and Gedo said "you got them going (referring to the crowd), just keep doing what you're doing".

Plus it's a match for a dead title featuring a guy who doesn't work for the company anymore and wasn't well-liked when he was there (and I'm pretty sure the WWF light heavyweight title of that era was essentially a New Japan belt at the time), so the effort expended to go at them for putting the match on youtube has about zero gain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Yeah, '84 was the year Vince bought Stampede, so that's literally like Bret's first year with the company. He's definitely the young boy.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Yeah, going from their American work to their Japanese work is like watching a rat cook a four-star meal.

What I’m saying is that Williams/Kobashi I reminded Meltzer of that time his mom cooked... gently caress, what does Dave even eat

Does Dave even eat

Well this simile went off a cliff

It’s amazing how underutilized both guys were in WCW/WWF - Williams I can understand because he was coming to the company after a long Japan run and another half-decade of 80s territory work, so he was basically 90% to retirement already, but Scott Norton was IWGP champ WHILE THE NWO WAS A THING, HE WAS AT THE TOP OF HIS GAME, YOU IDIOTS :rant: