Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Not an app! Reposting Kon's stuff for reference as requested by Sly.

quote:

How did you gain your skills?

Me, I've always been a bit of an active kid. So I run around, get on top of places that I really shouldn't be... get more than a few cuts falling off of high places, yeah? More than a few scoldings from Ma, too. As for not being seen, you know how some people feel like they blend into the background? I'm one of 'em. Heck, there's some absences on my school record 'cause the teachers never realized I was there. It's so uncanny, I thought it was an actual power at first. But, nah. Just not exactly a memorable person.

...The sword? ‘S real, but just for looks. Don't know how to use it beyond stickin’ 'em with the pointy end.

quote:

When did you first put on your costume?

Calling it a costume is... I just grabbed the first thing close by. See, I had just come home after school when I saw on the TV about a hostage situation downtown. Wouldn't have thought much of it, 'cept one of the hostages was a girl I knew from class. Made it a whole lot more real for me. Logic said I should wait for someone with actual powers to do something, but... I just couldn't. If something happened to someone I knew, and I knew I could've done something 'bout it, no way I could've lived with myself. So I snuck in, got her and the other hostages out. Was pretty scary, but I got through it.

quote:

Who, outside of the team, thinks you shouldn’t be a superhero?

Ma and Pa, duh. Logically, they're right to worry, since I don’t got any real powers. Good thing being a hero ain't about logic, eh? It's about guts and heart, and I like to think I've got a bit of both. Big part of their concern, I think, is 'cause of my sister Hana, who’s a superhero too, ‘cept with actual precognition powers. Real proud of her, we are, but compared side by side... I get why they're worried, but it’s fine! Got my team to back me up, and I can always tuck away in some corner and hide away.

quote:

Why do you try to be a hero?

I've always admired Sis, y’know? Seeing her saving lives and kicking bad guy rear end is pretty cool, so being able to stand on something close to equal footing is a nice feeling. Mostly though, it feels... good to do good, yeah? Whole lot of us little guys and gals who need heroes, ‘fraid of the rude dudes out there. Like to think that if I can be a hero, then maybe I'll give some guts and heart to my fellow normies, yeah? ...And, y'know, it's fun.

quote:

Why do you care about the team?

'Cause against real tough villies, I can't exactly do much on my own. By myself, I ain't much of a fighter, and you can't go ‘round all your problems in your life. Believe me, I try. So I watch their back, they keep me from getting my mask smashed in. 'S a pretty good trade, yeah?

Questions Below Here

quote:

slydingdoor posted:
Kon
Your skills got you noticed by two women: infiltration caught the eye of the AEGIS recruiter Valerie Weiger, and acrobatics the young thief Qīng Líng, Damselfly. Each invited you to their organization or guild. Which one interests you more and why?

Gotta say, I’m intrigued by Damselfly’s offer. Don’t get me wrong, I ain’t interested in being a thief or nothin’. But she’s got some real slick moves that I could learn from a thing or two from, and honestly, sticking to the shadows is somethin’ I’m good at, not somethin’ I like. ‘S like, being told you’re useful ‘cause no one notices ya isn’t exactly good for the ego, y’know? Glad I’m helpful and all, but still… sometimes, a hero wants to stand out, yeah?

quote:

A hero likes your sister and is trying to get to know you, who are they and what do you think of them?

Sheesh, don’t get me started on this clown. Sorry, I mean, Nines. On account of his whole cat shtick, yeah? ‘Course, with how stuck up the guy can be, wouldn’t be surprised if some folk tried to cut him down to eight or seven, heh. He’s a master of shadows, see, but not like me who just hangs around in ‘em. Warping ‘round, making duplicates of himself, obscuring vision. The works.

‘S a real neat trick he’s got, and real versatile. And he knows it. Oh, does he know it. Often tries to get on my good side too, talking ‘bout how’d good a pair we’d make and yada yada yada. Just, nah. Already got a team I like, and I ain’t helping a prick like that get into Sis’ pants either. Like... ugh.

quote:

You've lurked at the margins of a lot of battles, which adult hero(es) do you think you could show up and why/how?

Much as I wanna say Nines, gotta go with Chevalier here. He’s a kickass duelist, sure, but get him outside of his comfort zone of a one-on-one direct fight, and he ain’t that big of a deal. Plenty of clever villies have run circles ‘round him in the past, and I could do it too if I wanted.

...Probably.

quote:

Which villain(s) do you think you could kiss, why/how?

Bit personal, don’tcha think? Well, not that I’m ashamed to admit that I’m fond of Mastermind, villain she may be. Gal was a supergenius even before she outfitted herself with a supercomputer brain, from what I’ve heard, and anything related to tech is like a plaything to her.

She’s just so… cool, yeah? Being in control all the time, no matter when or where. Know I shouldn’t say this ‘bout a villain, but ya gotta show respect where it’s due. Plus, cyborgs are just awesome! Kinda been wondering if I should get me some cybernetics…

quote:

How did you come by your sword, and why don't you train with it?
What, this? It’s from Kensei, Sis’ mentor. Once word got ‘round about me, he came by to spar and see if I was worth teaching. And, well, I wasn’t. Still, he lent me an old sword of his for practice, told me to find him if I ever feel I’m ready. Thing is, I ain’t real big on violence. Hate seeing people getting hurt, even if some of them maybe deserve it, y’know? I keep it out of respect, but I don’t much plan on using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread