Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Corrode posted:

Britta is absolutely the worst part of the show for most of its run. In Season 1 she's still a try-hard wannabe hippy but she's also smart and tough in her own way and stands up to Jeff's nonsense capably. By Season 4 you're surprised she can manage to tie her own shoes because they've spent the last forty episodes convincing you she's mentally retarded. Even as someone who enjoyed the show, it was a drag.

For me it's Abed. He starts out as a strange person who occasionally doesn't realize he's being a dick but nevertheless tries to be good to his friends. And then he just becomes this selfish, egocentric cock who fucks people over because they don't do what he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Pick posted:

all too credible

did voldermort try and become president and then curse the position when he lost

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

They're punished but I'd argue they get away with things far more often than they're punished and often it's the innocent and good people who bear the brunt of their terrible actions. Look at Bill Ponderosa's life before and after he met the gang or the waitress. That's not mentioning Cricket basically being the gang's Picture of Dorian Gray. I agree though that there is a very stark difference between Sunny an Family Guy wrt having all of your cast being horrible people but making it funny and great instead of terrible.

Bill Ponderosa was a terrible person before he even met them to be fair.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Plus Danny DeVito is going to die sooner or later and honestly while Season 1 was good, Frank makes it funnier.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I can kind of see where he got to thinking about Nazi Germany considering the country FMA takes place in is basically alternate universe Germany, complete with their own attempted genocide undertaken by a fuhrer.

doesn't make him any less loving weird and hosed up tho

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

I don't mind laugh tracks too much when it is (or sounds like) an actual audience reacting to stuff; really obvious canned laughter is what I don't like, like in Hanna Barbera cartoons or old sitcoms or Disney kids comedies.

I have it on good authority those cartoons were animated in front of a live studio audience.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

I hear what you’re saying, but I think the scale of gifting a whole planet makes it different.

Yeah but when you've got a couple dozen of the things lying around it seems a whole lot less generous.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think the cartoon Ghostbusters are deliberately different from the movie ones so they don't have to pay likeness rights.

Right. They lampshade it in the cartoon itself, with the Ghostbusters going to see their own movie and complaining the actors look all wrong.

the ghostbusters cartoon was way better than a cartoon cash in of a movie had any right to be

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Lobster God posted:

Dick Dorkins is not a reliable source.

Ding ding ding.

Dick Dorkins really hates muslims and I can absolutely believe he would lie just to make them look bad.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

hard counter posted:

the machine doing it is still a room-sized thing with a technician monitoring it

the only difference is that in voyager you don't have to directly talk to o'brien if you don't want to

Fun Fact: O'Brien was on Voyager the whole time, but nobody ever talked to him or looked at him, so even we the viewers never realized it.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

sassassin posted:

O'Brien would have got them home inside a season and a half.

He could have gotten them home, but he didn't want to. If he went home, he'd have to see his wife.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

One thing I always wonder whenever I watch a police procedural is just how much paperwork and report-filing gets involved when the good guys kill the suspect at the end of the episode. And yet the suspects commit suicide by cop every single week.

Hot Fuzz was apparently praised because it showed them filling out stacks of paperwork after the big shootout, as would happen in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

spog posted:

Same reason they have 'smoking areas' - people are dumb

Basically. If they don't have trash food on the premises people will just have it smuggled in, so they may as well make a buck off of it.