Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Huh, it's almost as if Rick & Morty is actually misanthropic bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Man, you write about the dominatrix with the magical pain fuckstick just once ...

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

AceOfFlames posted:

I hated that ending because it seemed to be saying “You will never get to do what you want, and you must follow the life plan that I, your horribly abusive mother have set for you” and Malcolm just takes it.

Seriously, that whole show was an endless parade of emotional and physical child abuse. I dunno how people like it.

This post is in Wikipedia under the category, "Incorrect Assessments Of Malcolm In The Middle".

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
marshall rules, everyone else drools

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

At one point there's a lesbian sex scene that they got past network censors by turning it into an abstract kaleidoscope.

It's the greatest scene in television history.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

BrigadierSensible posted:

Here's my The Party story.

I am half Indian. So one day when I was about 6 or 7, we were round at my Aunt Kalyani's place for a dinner. This was after dinner so dessert was being served. She was serving home made Gulab Jamun. Which is quite literally the food of the gods. I will fight anyone who disagrees!

Anyways, there is a famous scene in the film where Peter Sellers is reading the brand name of the bird seed into a microphone in his in no way racist or offensive accent. "Birdy Num Num. Birdy Num Num." He adds to his, in no way racist performance by throwing some head wiggles as well.

Little kid me thought that was hilarious, and if the funny man on the screen could call bird food Birdy Num Num, then I could call Gulab Jamum "Ball Num Num". My entire family thought this was hilarious and cute and adorable, (which of course I was and still am). The problem arises is that now, more than 30 years later, anytime I see anyone from that side of the family, they ask me if I want some Ball Num Num.

Which of course I do, coz that poo poo is delicious.

Thank you for allowing me to share this indulgent and irrellevant story.

tbh "Ball Num Num" is a way more accurate name, really.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I broke my collarbone while using playground equipment two different times in elementary school. To be somewhat fair I was and am an enormous klutz. I also remember another kid falling off the monkey bars and breaking his wrist. It all sounds completely insane in retrospect.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

somepartsareme posted:

The two best episodes of the X Files (and a couple other good ones) were written by the guy who wore the Flukeman costume. That's not really relevant to the thread, I just think it's funny.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc1vrO6iL0U

CSPAM goes on The Newsroom

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

verbal enema posted:

i watched Me Myself And Irene the other day and it was poo poo just like it was on release

My friend and I cried laughing when we saw MM&I in the theater; I haven't rewatched it since and have no desire to sully that memory.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Fish of hemp posted:

The only woman character is a literal nazi whore.

And still a better-realized, more well-rounded character than Willie in ToD.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

The Beyond Belief story that I remember was the one where a girl swallowed a jellyfish egg at the beach, which grew insider her, making her appear to be pregnant. Was it a true story, or am I telling you a fish tale? I'll reveal the answer next post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCT80HJWQ2A

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Rahonavis posted:

As far as most insane reality show, it’s a toss-up between Who Wants to be a Superhero?, which was at least fun to watch, and Mad Mad House, which... wasn’t.

I went to high school with Monkey Woman. It was both incredibly surreal and completely unsurprising to see her pop up on the show, particularly as that character. She was not only a Drama Kid but also a Choir Kid and was the living epitome of both tropes.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Yes, as I recall it, Beauty & The Geek ended up having a lot of genuinely sweet and/or funny moments.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Really the past 20-25 years in Western cuisine have been spent digging us out of the hole created by the previous 50; echoes of the Depression followed by post-war recovery did a hell of a number on our parents and grandparents' tastes, I think.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
canada has been shown to have a hell of a zero tolerance policy in its first nations schools

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I've been watching Castle for after-work unwinding and lol the NYPD might as well just hand him a badge and gun for all the police work he does in any given episode.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I was 12-13 when the Simpsons premiered and it was like an instant lightning bolt of "there's nothing else like this on TV and I need more".

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Monkey Torture was endlessly quoted among my friends and I in high school.

A work crush of mine recommended Little Britain when it was on and lmao that took care of that.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
there was like 12 episodes of turbo teen ever made and yet i think about this at least once a week:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
"That's not what I meant when I said there should be a Black Spider-Man!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Boimler is a far better character than Hughie, who sucks