Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Come down into the sewers and float with us. We all float down here

More like oldpennywise.... less...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

oldpainless posted:

On an episode of friends, Rachel's sister tries to have sex with Ross to get
Back at Rachel and Ross spurns her to spare Rachel's feelings. She gets angry and says "you turned me down! How gay are you" and every time I'm just like can we not

More like oldhateless. :unsmith:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

Yea anti-Italian/Irish/etc racism was absolutely a thing that destroyed people but it was generations ago and almost always boiled down to nationalist anti-immigrant stuff rather than genuine 'everyone from Italy is a goddamn savage' whenever it happened. The whole thing of people whining about anti-Columbus stuff being 'Irish oppression' is just silly

Honestly I found The Sopranos as a whole just absolutely over the top with it's ITALIAN PRIDE!!!!! stuff, to the point where I just started rolling my eyes every time Carmela started going off on how 'actually Italians are really great, I hate how those (non-italian slang word) treat us!' or Tony would visit with people ~*Very Upset*~ about negative Italian portrayal related to his mafia association.. Maybe it's because I grew up in the South, but there has been pretty much no discrimination against Italian people at all through my entire life. It used to be a problem, and if it does come up, sure squash it. But that show sometimes treated it like Italian Americans were getting strung up on street corners in 1990's New Jersey.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Magnus Manfist posted:

Isn't that the point? They're dicks. Stuff like Tony complaining about how black people get all these special scholarships and stuff while there's nothing for the poor Italians (never mind the fact that I'm a millionaire crime lord), or getting pissed off about schools teaching about Columbus as a colonist rather than just venerating him as a Great Italian Hero. They're the mobster equivalent of Fox News whingeing that white Christians are the real persecuted minority. There's episodes about how despite the big deal they make about their Italian heritage, they actually go to Italy and everyone thinks they're idiot American boors who can't speak Italian and don't know how to make spaghetti properly.

Yeah its entirely possible I missed that subtext. My bad, I thought it seemed ridiculous a lot.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
The best John Goodman scene ever. Big Dan T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDd_ryixqyA

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeed/status/955896088174751744

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

dissss posted:

I found Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy incredibly different to follow because the main characters were so difficult to tell apart.

Me too. A bunch of shapeless white british men with only subtly varying shades of hair in an already convoluted and intentionally confusing spy movie plot was not a good time.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

purple death ray posted:

Tom brought us dj roomba

Donna is the sleeper agent that's secretly the star of a much more interesting show though

I'm watching Good Girls, and she is the best part of that show too.

Retta needs to be in more things.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Davros1 posted:

The bigger question should be why their original robot forms looked like they had parts from Earth vehicles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZjs1KNlmIg&t=2m42s

That's just convergent evolution.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

It's not like you can't put a chemical lab inside of a shipping container, because it's entirely feasible that someone could do it.

You are very, very stupid.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

I work in manufacturing and all the bosses in real life are white men with 0 skills and sexual harrassment is so rampant that I, a white man, was butt-groped by a supervisor more than once.

If anything, that episode was toned down for tv.

It's not just manufacturing. I worked in a Sales adjacent position and it was more or less exactly the same story.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, I gave it a try after all the glowing reviews and bounced off hard after a handful of episodes. Pretty much none of the jokes landed for me, but the constant attempts to be funny sure managed to undermine any attempts at drama.

I agree, this show was very very bad and I don't understand anyone who praises it.

In one of the episodes, a totallynotklingon girl does something vaguely competent and the genericblackguy character goes 'drat Dora the explora got balls son!'

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Just admit you didn't watch any of it

I watched 2 full episodes.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

bobjr posted:

If I remember right TommyKnockers is another one King has no recollection of writing at all.

How does tommyknockers hold up? I haven't read it since I was a kid and I barely remember it.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

lemonadesweetheart posted:

This is a Jeffrey Jones was a paedophile joke right?

You got the joke!!!!!!!!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
The wife and I lazily watched like 4 seasons of Burn Notice over the past couple months and man that intro gets annoying as poo poo after episode 3 if you try to watch a ton in a row.

Especially once Nate dies . Every episode leads with a breakdown of what happened for the previous episodes of the season. Its nuts.

Edit:whoops spoiler tag

Yngwie Mangosteen has a new favorite as of 14:45 on Aug 23, 2018

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I could be wrong but I'm reasonably certain that a racist rant is not on the same level as literal murder.

I could be wrong but 'long jail sentences' are not on the same level as 'getting fired from your job'.

You're sort of trying to pin everyone who disagrees with you about attitude-toward-criminals vs attitude-toward-bigots into having to defend OJ getting away with murder and that's disingenuous. Most people who do crimes serve harsh sentences before they're allowed back in the real world. It's not unreasonable to think that someone needs to display actual remorse/desire for change before you're ok watching their stand up again or whatever.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Season 2 would have been a mostly decent show if season 1 hadn't been so amazing. On the heels of S1, S2 looks like absolute garbage though.

At least that's my opinion.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Somebody hasn’t seen Legion.

I actually agree with him based on her acting in Legion. I like her in several other things, but in Legion she was very over the top and just ridiculously bad.

This is my weird, unpopular opinion.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

grittyreboot posted:

Now I really want to see a New Zealand version of Dragonball.

This is probably the least accurate name/post combo I've ever seen.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

I want someone to brew me up a like potion so I can get more people to go to mini golf with me.

That exists, its called beer.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
What ever happened to the guy who got stuck in a bird morph?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
*the sound of me furiously slamming B as hard and fast as I can*

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Der Kyhe posted:

Besides that authors who are equally or similarly famous have had bad opinions before she was even born?

oh so its ok for her to be a TERF because Lovecraft was too racist for the 1920's.

got it, good postin Der Kyle.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Hey, that's in fair, Rowling had more than one jewish person in her books - She also coded the bank goblins with nazi era jewish stereotypes.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Ax fuckin owned, from what I remember.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Barry Foster posted:

Good to see Leonard Rockstein turned his life around

I mean he had a medical degree.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

luxury handset posted:

show me a gay dude with a mullet, i'll wait

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

So video essays don't work for you as a medium. Don't watch them! Problem solved!

A solution they mentioned in their first post even. I don’t see why Len can’t post their opinions and reasoning for it?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Fatal transporter accidents are portrayed as horrendously rare. The show has non-fatal ones on the regular but by the end of the episode people are usually totally fine again. Even then the portrayal is that transporters are way safer than, say, cars.

Using a transporter to move between two well used and carefully calibrated stations (Starfleet to New Orleans) seems like it’d be way easier than transporter use done randomly out while exploring or even around/to various alien ships and planets, requiring and O’Brien figure rather than just a bored techie. The risks we see happen to explorers and on stations out in deep space where things are less explored and more variable.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Frog was the best Chrono Trigger character.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Arivia posted:

Frog didn't grow an entire forest or have half the heartbreaking pathos.

Robo had half the pathos of Frog, and wasn’t heroic enough to wield the Masamune, you cretin.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
You’re wrong

I guess it was literally more impactful. Like there were more actual physical impacts. Is that what you meant by impactful? Physical impacts?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

I love these.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Forums poster ‘garfield hentai’ got way too embarrassed for all those well paid actors playing characters on the popular and well known sci-fi shows. Thankfully the Orville did Star Trek but with dick and date rape jokes making it just cool enough for his edgy Chad self.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

Nah, it's disrepsectful/infantalizing to grown rear end adults in service of scoring creep points on the older party. And anyway Seinfeld dated a high school student while in his thirties so creep points: scored, no need for some meme-y rule.

Ok, groomer.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
He’s also very frequently the butt of jokes and is massively disliked by literally everyone. He’s the ‘older cop’ stereotype that’s specifically designed to be ‘from a worse time’.

I agree it’s gross to watch though, but he’s very much a figure of ridicule and hatred.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah they’re repeatedly shown to have once been amazing detectives, and still are when it comes to cake related crimes. They just got fat and lazy after getting addicted to the wingsluts sauce after they saved that lady.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Last Chance posted:

ok ok, i'm sorry officer, i'm sure you're right that it's a Good Show. can i go now?

lol look at this post. What an absolute dogshit post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

if you want to go hang out with the most tiresome motherfuckers to walk the earth.

Clearly I do, I’m here aren’t I.