Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The white washing in the Starship Troopers movie is a part of its satire. It's a bunch of white fascists from "Buenos Aires" in a pro-war/pro-slaughter propaganda film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

JediTalentAgent posted:

Can a whole channel age poorly?

Bravo in the 90s was great and now I don't even know what they are.

Andy Cohen

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

JediTalentAgent posted:

Speaking of SVU, about 4-6 years ago I think there was an attempt during a new season to make the show more like the Cable TV crime dramas, so they had the arc of Benson getting kidnapped by some crazy guy and it getting really dark and gross. The show was going to be more serialized and gritty with the detectives being more personally invovlved.

I've been out of the loop, but they didn't keep this tone, did they?

The only reason I even remember this arc right now is I saw about 4 minutes of an episode on ION a few days ago and between the scene of Benson being kidnapped, Rawllins is reading off the perps stats and past behavior in the same way someone would detail a Goku vs. Superman fight.

Yeah, this was the arc they did in 2013 with Pablo Schreiber as the kidnapper/murderer/rapist and it was loving insane. It culminates with him getting brained by Benson with like a piece of pipe, and then him acting as his own lawyer in court, hobbling around with an anakin skywalker scar on his face yelling about police brutality.

He ends up getting acquitted on several of the charges

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Just watched a Golden Girls where the girls hire a black housekeeper and are convinced that she put a vodooo curse on them ahhhhhhh

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I only like old Dr. Who. It’s low-rent and charming.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Frasier Crane having an even more effete, snobbish brother AND a blue-collar retired cop dad was one the all-time great sitcom ideas.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I would say the superhero craze was a snowball, starting off with X-Men and Spider-Man and slowly gathering size from Iron Man, Dark Knight, etc until it reached critical mass with the first Avengers movie. And it’s somehow stayed at critical mass since then.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

purple death ray posted:

Shatner is one of those "kids these days with their safe spaces and political correctness!!" grandpas so any day now he's going to overreact to a mild criticism and go full fash

One of the best things about his roast is George Takei’s real life irritation at Shatner bleeding in to his bit.

“I always wanted to say this: Bill, gently caress you and the horse you rode in on.”

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

AceOfFlames posted:

those godawful improvised Dimensional Cable eps.

what the hell

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

BioEnchanted posted:

BTW so far for all the bigging up of the Romulans I can't muster any energy to give a gently caress about them. The other antagonists had interesting aspects, these guys are just "Space Assholes" in a very generic way. It's like "Oh boo hoo you spend 48 years jerking yourselves off and now you're getting pissy because we're doing stuff? Maybe try doing something yourself idiots. You want that bit of space? Go get it! Then you'll have that bit and we can steer clear of you because literally no other species wants to play with you." They're like the Ganglion in Xenoblade Chronicles X, making humanity stronger by pissing off every other race in the universe and making them side with us just to get away from them.

There’s a very active Star Trek thread you can post this in, FYI.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
If Frasier was still on today, there would definitely be an episode where Niles gets caught up with a Bird scooter gang in Seattle

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I mean what, did you expect them to say something like "we should only rape half the children"?

I mean they used their platform during the 2004 presidential election to make the bold statement of “both candidates are the same” so who knows

Also they made an episode where the central joke was that climate change doesn’t exist, which is one of the many backtracks they’ve done over the past few years.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The Munsters are better than the Addams Family and also unquestionably have super powers

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Krispy Wafer posted:

Raul Julia was one of the greatest actors of his generation, but people only remember his worst movies and that somehow doesn’t diminish his reputation.

I need to get around to watching more of his ‘good’ films. I’ve only seen Presumed Innocent and parts of Spider-woman.

He actually doesn't have a ton of good movies. His renown comes from the stage, he's a Broadway legend.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Octopussy is my go to "worst James Bond" movie. It's just so loving boring. Pretty much all the Roger Moore ones are bad but at least Live and Let Die and Moonraker are bonkers

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Funny how these mental breakdowns and brain damage that cause people to become super conservative never cause people to become super liberal

Huh

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

umalt posted:

Wow, I've tried being as ignorant as possible about Morrisey's post-Smiths career; but nothing has made me more thankful about that than seeing him wear a shirt with not only his name on it but his face.

Dude sucks now but Viva Hate and Bona Drag are classics

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Iron Crowned posted:

I have never watched Bar Rescue, is it streaming anywhere?

constantly, at my parent’s house

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
One of the worst things I ever watched was Taffer’s attempt at a marriage counseling show - Marriage Rescue.

I was all hyped for it because of how insane Bar Rescue can get, but Marriage Rescue was somehow both ludicrous and boring. It basically seemed like an ad for whatever resort they were filming the episode at, because all of Taffer’s “counseling” ideas for some reason revolves around resort activities- parasailing, sky diving, zip lining, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yeah. LeBron also bought a couple Blaze Pizza franchises, then invested in the company itself and made a shitload of money