Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

somepartsareme posted:

no, but you can be sure that they're patting themselves on the back right now for all the help they did over 4 years of orange man funny voice jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Iron Blooded Orphans also has the additional layer of all forms of child exploitation and abuse; child soldiers, slaves, and even a rich girl used as a political pawn and married off to a man in his 30s. It's a good show but very grim.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I watched Shutter Island for the first time a couple weeks ago, at the behest of my girlfriend. About halfway through were getting some snacks and she excitedly asked me if I liked it and if I had any theories. I said "It's good, I just hope it's not one of those endings where he's actually crazy and this is all in his head, that would be super lame"

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Johny Bravo was a fantastic show for young boys, it gave you a character that seemed at first like something to strive for, strong, attractive, confident. But it became quickly apparent that Johnny was a buffoon and his actions and attitude alienated everyone around him, especially the way he treated women. It was an excellent and entertaining portrayal of what NOT to become and how not to act that.

I loved the episode where a stereotypical ugly woman falls for him, and every attempt to get rid of her just makes her fall more for him. Eventually he realizes that while she's unattractive, she is everything he's ever wanted in a woman. So he does a 180, starts his usual pickup routine, and she immediately dumps him.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That comic someone made about Bart Simpson and Chris Griffin coming to terms with how loving toxic their families were was an amazing read.

https://www.filmsforaction.org/articles/comic-if-bart-simpson-and-chris-griffin-went-to-couples-therapy/

It's really great

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

One thing that always bugged me about Leeloo is that she was one of those Monichiwans, and all that survived was her right hand. They used the few living cells, which had much denser DNA, as a basis for her body, but wouldn't her right hand still be a weird alien hand?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Rick Berman was vehemently against continuing story lines and could not fathom why anyone would want them.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I remember years ago reading the accounts of webcomic authors Scott Kurtz and Chris Straub of the newspaper comic symposium they were invited to. Every one of the established artists resented their presence and had absolutely no clue how the internet even worked let one how they were putting comics on there. Many refused to recognize them as comic artists, as they made their money mostly from advertising on their website and merch sales, and not directly from their art. After the event the Non-Sequitur guy published a comic making fun of them; it was pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

He also had a second night job at a foundry