Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Ross from Friends is such a lovely entitled Nice Guy™ stereotype that it's amazing audiences were ever expected to sympathize with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If that actress had actually tried to do a Shatner impression the episode would have been amazing. Like John Travolta playing Nic Cage in Face Off

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Slowpoke Rodriguez posted:

I wanted to mention another, Twin Peaks. I started watching it recently, and I am halfway through season 2 which aired in 1990-1991. I think it still holds up super well today. The largest things dating it are the relatively slow pacing by modern standards, and how much the show drew from soap operas of the time. The hair and fashion is of course very early 90s, but that works in a period piece kind of way. I was kind of blown away by the trans character portrayed by David Duchovny, the portrayal isn't perfect, but it is overwhelmingly positive.

I'm probably more surprised because my reference for trans representation in the 90s was Ace Ventura.

The pacing problems were the result of studio interference. The show was huge, it blew up in a way that nobody expected in season one, and the studio insisted that David Lynch stretch out season two to double the episodes. When he said no, they fired him and brought in somebody who would.

Calaveron posted:

NO MA'AM was like prototypical MRA but we were in on the joke that Al and his friends were all a bunch of losers for being in it

I bet if you trace the founders of the men's rights movement backwards you'll see every one of them was at just the right age to be watching this and not get that it was a joke. Just like Cartman and the Alt Right.

flavor.flv has a new favorite as of 01:01 on Aug 6, 2017