Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

Who are you, and why should I care?

JediTalentAgent posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a broadcast/antenna channel that does a huge block of Vanilla Law and Order (and maybe CI, occasionally) episodes once a week. I think "Ion" is the channel. But I seem to think everytime I've turned it on and seen a random episode they've been post-Briscoe/Logan ones.

Just eyeballing their schedule for this week: It looks like 16 Hours of Vanilla in a single day, but they all seem to be season 15/16 episodes.

It is Ion. My wife leaves it on all the time. I think they show Law and Order, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, and Psych. I’m sure there are other shows but they seem to show those ones in like 8-16 hour blocks constantly. I don’t even like the shows (except Psych), but I’m pretty sure I think I’ve seen or heard at least half of the episodes for each one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

Gorilla Salad posted:

I personally think Whale Wars is the greatest television ever made.

Just not for the reasons they intended.

Never before in history has there been a bigger shipwreck not involving any of the literal ships which got literally wrecked on that show.

When a show gets you to cheer for whalers you know they are either doing something very right or very wrong. Sea Shepherd did so much illegal stuff that was caught on camera it was disgusting.

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

Volcott posted:

Getting their dumb speedboat cut in half will always be Comedy Gold.

I was a big fan of the guy carrying a bow and arrow in his boat to shoot at the whalers I guess? Not sure what exactly he was hoping to accomplish. And then I think the same guy illegally boarded one of the whaling ships and they whined and complained to media outlets when he was detained. Oh and the time they rammed another boat and talked about how it was all the whalers fault.

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

sweeperbravo posted:

This is how it is in the novel IIRC. I love reading King but it's one of those things where you sometimes don't realize how goofy somethign is until it's translated literally to film that way. The better quality movies made of his works (Green Mile, the Kubrick Shining) take a lot more liberties and don't follow the book exactly.

Aged poorly: The CGI in the Langoliers
Aged well: My undying love for the film

I watched this with my parents when I was like, 8 or 9 and it was on TV, and as with other things in this thread, it's like, not actually a very good film. But so help me god I love this dumb movie and every time I watch it even though I laugh at the goofy parts, I feel like a kid again, and the actors are trying so drat hard to play everything straight when it's really, really hard to do that. Like if you get a chance, please just watch it for how sincerely everyone approaches their role, yet how unclear the direction must have been, how everything kind of has that endearing local theater performance feeling to it.

A few summers ago I got to read the novel and was overjoyed to find that it literally reads like a script of the movie, with a few changes made to keep the film from being even longer than it was (two tapes when you rented the VHS). I had such a giddy goonish glee over how much of the book I already knew by heart and could pretty much recite as I read it because I'm talking down to silly little throw away lines, there was so much commonality.

Gentlemen............

The cola...............

Is very, very, good today! :cheers:

I was really sick for a week when I was in high school, don’t remember what I had, but I was out of school and ran a fever for like 5 days. I was in and out of consciousness for most of those days but I know that movie was playing quite a few times during it. I cannot remember the plot at all and all I can remember at this point is random bits and pieces like weird monster things eating the world and I honestly don’t know if it was a fever dream or the actual movie.

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

Kit Walker posted:

Oh boy, an excruciating death over several days as your organs slowly fail in a process that’s largely irreversible after a certain point. Of all the ways to go

My dad used to take Vicodin 750s like candy, like House levels, and I was always afraid this would be the end result. I don’t know what he takes now but I’m pretty sure there isn’t any acetaminophen in it because he hasn’t said anything about getting his liver checked recently.

screaden posted:

I took some anti-histamines a little while ago with orange juice because i happened to have a glass already on the go and had horrible waves of nausea afterwards. I looked up the side effects a little bit after and the very first note was "DO NOT TAKE WITH ORANGE JUICE".

Luckily I just felt kinda lovely for a while and nothing bad happened but I had to laugh.

Grapefruit juice does the same thing from what I was told. It was explained to me that you could be fine or it could be like you took 100x the amount of medication you did.

Obsoletely Fabulous has a new favorite as of 00:47 on Dec 5, 2022