Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Inescapable Duck posted:

Beast Wars seems widely considered to have aged relatively well. It's a bit like Reboot in one of the early CGI shows that worked around the limitations of the medium to good effect: The expense of creating assets compared to animating them means you have a small, expressive cast, so work with them and have ongoing interpersonal drama and character development rather than disposable one-off characters all the time. I've mentioned this often becomes a problem with CGI shows and a bit of a trap; it really shows in the early seasons of the last TMNT show and Sonic Boom. Tellingly, Transformers Prime, a well-received recent CGI show, borrowed the most from Beast Wars tone-wise.

Having watched Beast Wars not all that long ago, I can confirm that not only has it aged super well but it may also have some of the best writing in all of Transformers canon. Beast Machines is really good as well and looks even better.

Also, I believe the team that worked on Reboot animated Beast Wars, so they did good work all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Randalor posted:

The only major flaw with Beast Wars is the occasional slapstick/"Saturday morning cartoon" moments (complete with silly sound effects that are horribly out of place). I think those tended to be more season 1 than later on though.

Any scene where Megatron is dressed like a judge in the white with is still great, because he's such an excellent villain.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The best part about Funko Pop figures is how you can't recognize half of them without the character's name next to them.

Oh hey, that's... White Dude in Shirt!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Oddly enough I mostly know Sabrina from the cartoon, which had Norbert from The Angry Beavers voicing Salem.

This was also the case in the live-action show. Nick Bakay is great.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

fruit on the bottom posted:

The scene where he takes himself hostage and suddenly the town goes from wanting to murder him to being desperately worried about his survival will never get old

Isn't anybody gonna help that poor man!?