Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

spog posted:

I am still confused about James Corden

People always enjoy a harmless jolly fat white guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I've finally caught up with this thread and just want to say I've enjoyed the venture bros discussion and clips posted so so much. I've always known of the existence of the show but never managed to see it other than the pilot someone showed me many years ago and I guess it was amusing but not enough to make me actually start watching it. Now I'm stoked to properly get into it cause the stuff with Shore Leave and the villain tryouts was just magical and I'm so excited to see them in proper context. I think the clip that ended with Lyndon Johnson in a bee striped tie holding a hawk who's "been waiting since sundown" was the clincher.

I apologise that this post doesn't actually add anything.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Only the first three seasons of AD though. Five sucks and though Four isn’t really bad I can’t see it working as background noise with how twisting and nonlinear it is.

Are we talking recut season four or is that a dumb question because it's obviously the only version that exists?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Boy, A Very Special Episode has just been going ham sandwich on 7th Heaven, it almost feels unfair to use a goldmine that rich but who can blame them?

We would watch that show only until anything better was on. Didn't the dad turn out to be a pedo?

E: yep: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ng-three-girls/

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I liked Corpse Bride when I saw it as a teenager. I'm taking it doesn't hold up to a rewatch?

And I stopped bothering with him after Alice. That was dire and we even got high before the showing so there should have been no excuse.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Whybird posted:

I never quite worked out whether the joke was that the machine was mistranslating or that after the same trick worked twice on Earth the Martians just thought it was really funny to keep telling us they came in peace.

The latter I think

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It will always be hilarious when Piccolo casually hands the guy his hat and the guy immediately plummets to the ground.

You guys are almost making me wanna watch Dragonball Z. Realistically at best I'll just watch a cut of the best jokes on YouTube but I like what I'm hearing.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

How the hell do you drink "from a foot"?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Vietnamwees posted:

So I'm watching Star Wars The Clone Wars, and in the episode where a couple bounty hunter try to take out Padme, they pull out what is basically a small knife and try to shiv her. For a TV show that's supposed to be super futuristic, I thought that was kind of lame.

At what point in the future do you think knives go obsolete for every use? Should it have been a tiny lightsaber dagger? I think a universe with lightsabers shows we've not moved past stabbity-stab as a good way to kill someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

:actually: Star Wars takes a place a long time ago

Fuuuuuuck