Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

The whole psychopath/OCD angle of Julia Roberts' villainous husband in Sleeping With the Enemy is already pretty silly by today's standards, but it's downright hilarious when we come upon a scene that's supposed to be DRIPPING with menace, when Roberts' husband is working out intently in some kind of hate-induced trance, but instead he's just flailing around on some outdated stairmaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

This is the funniest clip of BBT I've ever seen

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

spog posted:

I'm curious: are there any famous dudes that dye their hair?

(Not including ones that do it to hide grey)

Elvis Presley was famously a blonde.

Matt Leblanc had silver hair throughout the entirety of filming for Friends

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

what the writers did to Andy is probably one of the most mean-spirited and uncalled for things I've ever seen for a relatively inoffensive, if annoying, television character. I can only assume he burned some bridges by getting big in The Hangover series right as his character in The Office was taking off, but even after that they just keep kicking him down a few rungs until he's literally at rock bottom and then the series ends.

Toby's in a similar boat. I think his last line is something along the lines of "why do you do this to me, God" and I can only assume he went and killed himself after the last episode.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Superboy’s friend Chloe is going to prison for the rest of her life because of her numerous acts of rape and torture.

i thought the only charges they ended up sticking to her were for racketeering, which depending on how extensive, usually isn't a life sentence offense.

ranierre is hosed tho, and good riddance.

edit: which is not to say that she wasn't responsible for rape and torture, just that she's only been charged with racketeering

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

also jim carrey is like 15 years older than all his friends and the love interest in that movie. i know it's because they wanted jim carrey to jim carrey in the movie made for jim carrey, but like just age everyone else up then. it's a weird dynamic for a movie like that

anyone who's ever had an older acquaintance manically and persistantly trying to herd a bunch of strangers up for a random midlife crisis skydiving trip will know what i mean

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I'd like to hit JC on this one but Hollywood in general just can't stand older women unless they're super super talented like Meryl Streep or Kathy Bates and they can't play romantic roles after idk, 30?

It's just SOP.

And there are exceptions. So anyone got anything positive to say about a woman playing an older role but as a romantic lead (and don't make it horny just, ya know)?

Guess that's not what this thread is about I just came up with Tea Leoni and Jennifer Tilly and then realized they played opposite to Jim Carrey :negative:

e: i have the attention span of a gnat

yeah but also his friend group was way young too. like late 20's, early 30's to carrey's 45, all portrayed as peers who go way back.

i'm not ageist, i just think it was a weird dynamic for what was nakedly a midlife crisis movie

bobjr posted:

It's always kind of funny when a love interest has a boyfriend who just for no real reason turns out to be cheating or some other kind of horrible person halfway through the movie, which is why they can be with the lead who acts often just as bad.

i remember being caught way off guard by the slimeball in the wedding singer, who was just openly bragging about banging borderline underage girls to adam sandler, a friend of his girlfriend, who he just met.

but i've met a lot of dudes like that since then so it's a piece of media that has aged very well actually.

God Hole has a new favorite as of 02:50 on Dec 10, 2020

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Alhazred posted:

Media that didn't age well.

special SPECIAL EFFECTS edition

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

hyperhazard posted:

Babe is excellent; Babe 2 is a weird mix of slapstick and existential dread. That one scene where the dog thrashes about drowning while all the animals watch silently really hosed me up as a kid. (Luckily Babe saves him, which is presented as a selfless act and not the bare loving minimum you do when you see someone dying jesus christ what was wrong with those animals)

oh yeah i remember this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7WjrvG1GMk

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

cold mountain: wherein jude law plays a handsome, lovelorn confederate soldier who was definitely a first wave enlistee. yeah he's a deserter who doesn't harbor any ill will towards "those people", but his disillusionment with the military and the conflict is incredibly vague and never outright stated. he's the ultimate "it was about states rights" hero, especially considering i think the only union soldiers with speaking roles are a band of marauding rapists (and cillian murphy)

renee zellweger won an oscar for squinting in the rain and shouting BOTH SIDES HAVE VERY VERY BAD MEN

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

personally if i had a measurable impact on the suicide rate among red-haired people and also by the way completely kneecapped and humiliated the environmental movement for an entire generation i would stop writing cartoons but that's just me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Reminds me of how the first scene in Heathers involves a fake school shooting.

And it's completely trivialized. "He used blanks! They'll just suspend him for a few days."

i did peace corps for a few years and during my first few months in country i agreed to help my host sister edit her high school graduation video.

the video starts out with an extended "comedic" sequence of a boy going room to room in her school with a realistic looking automatic rifle and pretending to fire upon scores of students who all flail around wildly and drop to the floor motionless. her and her friends are next to me cracking tf up, looking expectantly to me for my feedback. "uhh looks great so far! i don't think you guys need my help with this after all"

they just had no frame of reference for this kind of thing outside of hollywood movies. we truly live in another reality