Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Lazlo Nibble posted:

The brain makes you say crazy poo poo when you start to process the fact that your shelf full of $100-a-title Special Editions is about to turn into a bunch of dollar-bin novelty items.

I mean, yeah, sure. But there was less compression on the DTS tracks. And stereo tracks on most DVDs were lossy compressed, though a lot of laserdiscs had stereo PCM sound that had pretty good quality. I had a laserdisc player as a novelty, but the sound was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I firmly believe the studio had a lot to do with Del Toro not being able to make a good series.

Del Toro didn't even get to make a series, they separated before filming began.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Mister Kingdom posted:

It was sold on VHS in Europe and on laserdisc in Japan (which I bought about 30 years ago). Any DVD of the movie you see will be a PAL conversion unless I missed something.

There have been fan projects that have digitized 16MM and 35MM film reels - it wouldn't be surprising if someone made a bootleg of those.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Precambrian posted:

Though I can't help but laugh that somebody posted about how MoS hit them when they were in a very depressed state and a Snyder fan's response to that was to demand that he account for besmirching the reputation of Superman films. "I was depressed and I watched a movie and it made me feel more depressed" going straight to "PROVE IT! CITE YOUR SOURCES!"

Not the OP, but I was also extremely depressed around the time MOS was released, and was excited to see it. Left the theater even more depressed that not even a Superman film could cheer me up. I sat in my car, after the late-night screening let out, looked to my right and saw the people in the car to my right having sex. "At least someone is having a good night."

I've come around to the film though, and love the ultimate cut of Batman V Superman. Also no longer depressed.

somepartsareme posted:

i didn't know there were zack snyder fanboys

There are dozens of us.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

BgRdMchne posted:

Which one of the terminator 3s had the lovely digitally altered Arnold?

Pretty sure all of the Terminator 3s, but the most recent one looked pretty good.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also more recently, a WB exec was going to oppose the ending of Man of Steel saying 'But if Superman destroys the pod, how is he going to get back to Krypton?'

I can sort of rationalize that, since one of the earlier Superman movie projects was going to be a trilogy where Krypton didn't explode, and had Superman returning to Krypton to help them avoid a civil war or something - it might have been the McG or JJ Abrams story treatment. I imagine it's hard for the execs to keep these projects separate in their mind.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Edge & Christian posted:

But with enough asterisks, Captain Planet is the longest running children's series produced in the United States that did not get renamed during its run and both began and ended in the decade of the 1990s animated program.

It was renamed to "The New Adventures of Captain Planet" at some point, so it doesn't even live up to your qualifiers.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Alaois posted:

this is essentially just Eradicator/Last Son of Krypton from Reign of the Supermen

Prior to that, the Eradicator influenced Superman into being an emotionless weirdo that was super rational.
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/the-day-of-the-krypton-man/4045-56002/

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Or you can even just have him hanging around in the background and show up every now and then while Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane get up to crazy poo poo.

I legitimately think this is the best approach to doing a good Superman film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

jazzyjay posted:

Yeah I punched the levels to really crunch the blacks - I wanted a Fury Road Black and Chrome level of contrast and it worked well - the dodgy CGI looked positively seamless :D

There's an official black & white release for The Mist, have you ever compared your version with theirs'?