Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Someone mentioned The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy a few pages back, and it reminded me that show had a legit God Emperor of Dune episode featuring Mandy as Leto II and Billy as Duncan Idaho, and now I'm wondering how that held up.

They also had the Gom Jabbar be part of a beauty contest, it was pretty good.

Cartoon All Stars to the Rescue belongs in this thread. It perfectly captures the anti-drug strategy of the time, in that they had no clue how to deal with it so they just threw every cartoon character available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Arrested Development is a relatively recent show, but one of the later episodes has George doing a "scared straight" speech to what he thought were at risk youths but were in fact gay teens, and the teens were super tempted by how George described prison life. It was the old joke about how prison was nothing but gay sex and is really awkward.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

I’m pretty sure “Little Girls” is tongue in cheek, but only because of how creepy Danny Elfman sings it. I still feel weird listening to it when it comes on.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Unrelated, but I used to get my haircut at a place called Joe's who also did VCR repairs. He had tons and tons of old VHS tapes and you could ask for one to watch while he cut your hair. I miss that old neighborhood sometimes.

Bringing it back to the thread, there used to be a barbershop/banned cartoons shop where I lived. I first saw “Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarves” while getting a trim.