Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Edit: nvm I am an idiot lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

I was rewatching The Young Ones not to long ago and was a little gobsmacked at this scene with the racist cop - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxaWCb9U9iQ

also bonus points for people in the comments complaining about the scene being cut when ever its broadcast today.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

I used to like the Nicktoons Doug but I really hated the Disney version.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I realized Seth MacFarlane was a complete rear end in a top hat when he did a standup special on Fox that had a backing orchestra and celebrity guests.

Seth MacFarlane is also a complete rear end in a top hat because he thinks rape is a punchline.

Saint Drogo posted:

The big shock of Jimmy Saville, the incredibly creepy TV man who constantly made jokes about being a rapist, actually being a massive child abuser and rapist has meant a lot of British TV episodes can't be broadcast again.

I was rewatching an episode of 8 out of 10 cats that must have aired not long after he died and one of Jimmy Carr's intro jokes was something like

"Jim will fix star Jimmy Saville has died...
I guess he finally got around to reading my letter"

not a problem with the joke itself but the audience giving one of those disapproving "ooooOOOooo" type reactions just seems so wrong now.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Aesop Poprock posted:

It produced this though which is one of the funniest scenes I can remember from the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKDPLQAwoAg

That scene was actually from an earlier episode back in season 4. The episode he's talking about is from season 9 "The Gang Broke Dee" and I agree it's really over the top mean.

The Gang Broke Dee - Episode Synopsis posted:

Dee is suicidally depressed after realizing the guys were right about her looks and lack of talent. To snap her out of it, Dennis tries to find a man in her league while Charlie, Mac, and Frank encourage Dee to give her stand-up comedy career another shot.

Dragonstoned has a new favorite as of 14:05 on Aug 14, 2017

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

spog posted:

'Because of rent control, it was a frigging steal'
Chandler, last episode.

Should I be proud that I didn't have to look that up?

That quote has been running through my head since people started talking about rent control.

I seem to recall that the threat of eviction was because Monica was illegally subletting the apartment to Rachel or something?

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

There was a conspiracy theory that the singer of Linkin Park was getting ready to publicly expose a hollywood pedo ring before he suddenly died of "suicide"

Both he and Chris Cornell (another "suicide" case) were involved in rescuing abused and trafficked children.

quote:

According to TMD, Bennington's close friend and his wife had set up the Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation for neglected children and also worked with a number of charities that worked with children rescued from child trafficking networks.
During his charitable work, Mr. Cornell had discovered a "black book" of names for an Elite pedophile ring that was part of a global child abuse network.Sources close to Cornell revealed that he was planning on going public with the names shortly before he was found dead.

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Dragonstoned has a new favorite as of 05:55 on Sep 3, 2017

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

I was just reading about that episode and even though I've never seen Picket Fences, it would have made for a pretty awesome idea for a crossover.

wikipedia posted:

as the story goes, David E. Kelley and Chris Carter (creator of The X-Files) were talking in a parking lot on the Fox lot one day and thought it might be interesting to have Mulder and Scully visit Rome, Wisconsin for an X-Files episode. Originally, the two shows would be shot with different viewpoints– one from the X-Files perspective and the other from Picket Fences'.
The official approval was never given by Fox and CBS, so the only remnants remaining of this effort are the X-Files episode "Red Museum" and the Picket Fences episode "Away in the Manger" having similar plotlines involving cows. While every reference to Picket Fences has been purged from the X-Files episode, there still are some small winks left in the Picket Fences episode referring to the happenings at the X-Files and some minor characters there.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

138th Episode Spectacular is also one of the best clip shows ever made.

Dragonstoned has a new favorite as of 14:52 on Sep 7, 2017

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

RagnarokAngel posted:

Archer season 1 had some characters lile Ray and Krieger only have a few one off lines and developing into full characters by season 2.

I just rewatched the first episode of Archer and when Archer first arrived at HQ there is a secretary that just disappeared never to be seen or heard from again.

I know it's common for that type of thing to happen especially with early episodes but it was was real "wait who the gently caress is that?" moment on the rewatch.

Also speaking of Archer the whole ISIS thing lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

open24hours posted:

You're probably thinking of great aunt Gladys.

He was a good man, he was a kind man, he gave to his community and asked little in return.