Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.

oldpainless posted:

Martin freeman drugs and rapes women

To be “fair,” that was apparently him talking about how Bilbo would score with an elf, not his personal real world behavior. Not really an excuse though, especially in 20-whatever-teen when he did the interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
I'm crossing the streams: Adam Scott's best role was as an unnamed Starfleet officer in Star Trek: First Contact in which he had three lines and thirty seconds of screen time.

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006

Please tell me that's in the new kickstarted documentary.

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

IIRC the latest storyline involves one of the Primarchs (original dozen super duper Space Marine sons of the original emperor) coming out of 10,000 years of stasis and leading the imperium to kick a bunch of demons in the teeth while privately going "Oh gently caress, oh poo poo, what's with all this gloomy hate and ignorance and ranting about heresy stuff and why is everyone worshipping my dad as a god this is literally the exact opposite of what he wanted how did these idiot's gently caress things up so much?"

That's been talked up a lot but it really doesn't seem like it's turning the narrative of the setting at all to me. "What are you doing with this cruel fascist religious dictatorship? You're supposed to be a cruel fascist military dictatorship!" ain't a grand message.

Warhammer 40k post-Thatcher era has aged very poorly indeed.

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006

verbal enema posted:

what about Samuel R Delany

I liked Dhalgren

Unfortunately, he's defended pedophilia in gay relationships and NAMBLA. Seems more like personal trauma than gross philosophy but uh, still yikes.