Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

Lore LPs are excellent, and since Fae isn't along for the ride, it won't devolve into dong and egg chat.

Just throwing my vote in that we are all the poorer for the lack of dong and egg chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Lazy Bear posted:

Kinda makes you wonder why there aren't more goggles in Bloodborne.

An argument could be made that the world of Bloodborne, or at least Yarham's region of it, is more biopunk than steampunk despite the era it mirrors.

That's a neat idea for a setting - gothic, weird-horror biopunk.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

The Lone Badger posted:

I wouldn't describe Bloodborne as at all steampunk, featuring neither steam- nor -punk.

Sorry! I took your comment of goggles being an illusion to "it looking more steampunk", as a proliferation of goggles is the go-to main image of steampunk, other than gears being stuck to everything for no reason.

Looking forward to more episodes. When I was watching other let's plays, I never really noticed the 'towers' in the far, foggy distance when you're in the Hunter's Dream.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Gorilla Salad posted:

I have to wonder how devastating ecky thump would be on a werewolf.

Or would the blood sausage just make them stronger :thunk:

Surely a blood sausage is a regular sausage strengthened with bloodstones, right?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

I think that it used to be considered great, and then the sickness started in the locals who used the blood a lot (presumably outsiders/foreigners could pop in, pay a bunch of money, get a transfusion and thus be cured of whatever ailed them and then leave) and so the church started the hunts, scaring outsiders off.

Now, with the hunts at their most extreme, no body thinks of going to Yarnham except under the most dire circumstances.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

KieranWalker posted:

You know, I always find myself asking, "how many Dark Souls LPs can I actually watch before I get really bored of it?"

I suppose the answer is, "at least one more."

You find yourself not watching for the Dark Souls, but to see how the LPer constructs the LP.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

I'm sorry, but I hate the story for Evil Within. It's so stupid.

The game play doesn't look horrible, but the story is the incredibly dumb. I don't even think I can watch to point out the relevant dumb bits when they come up, as not to breach spoiler rules. :saddowns:

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

bony tony posted:

The premise is that you're trapped in a computer network controlled by a psychopath that gives you images from his past and tries to kill you.

Of course it's stupid. Gloriously.

Unfortunately, for me, it doesn't go into the "so bad, it's good" territory, but I don't think any less of other people for whom it does manage to be enjoyable in that fashion.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Tollymain posted:

if u dont do magic right its just an impressive fuckup

When did @wint get a position at the Unseen University?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

When Slowbeef was streaming - when the game first came out, with whatshisface co-commentating - while he was trying to find out what "contact" did, he had his character just stand in the pose long enough that it switched sides with the position.

I think he had to be told who to do the emote to, but he figured out that the emote was an elongated one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Strange Matter posted:

-Blood, which is the Church's route. They figured that if you just shot yourself up with enough of the good stuff you'd evolve basically on your own. And they were pretty much right. The inferior product gives you beasts, but eventually they were able to refine their procedure enough to create the Celestial Emissary. Out of everyone they seem to have succeeded the most, but at the cost of the greatest collateral damage. Byrgenwerth and Mensis were disasters, of course, but it's the Church that reduced Yarnham to this state. Speaking of Mensis, their method was the most direct.

CJacobs mentioned in the prologue to episode 29, that the blood is inert without the will of a Great One behind it, though. The "inferior product" does little, so I guess they were just collecting "blood saints", like the two ladies you end up keeping in Odeon's Chapel - who generate blood that does stuff without a Greater Gribbly One behind it - and tapping them for the Good Stuff that they use to eventually create the Celestial Emissary.

Regular blood must have been placebo-like in regards to Yarham's Blood Transfusion craze. It was only that of blood saints that did the cool stuff, like healing folks.