Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

quote:

The Harvest mechanic also creates some database issues in terms of the amount of data being stored. This is a non-trivial technical problem we would need to resolve before allowing it to exist long-term.

All of these changes are too time-consuming to implement immediately. We would like Harvest to be core in the future, but we are not yet sure of what that would look like. In summary, if you're enjoying Harvest in its current form, be sure to take advantage of it while you can!

Bummer :( I enjoyed the crafting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It was pretty easy to see harvest was setup to fail by ggg from the start though, haha.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It wasn't set up to fail, it wasn't designed to go core, really big difference there. Harvest accomplished a lot of what they set out to do for a temporary league, and IMO we need more leagues that drastically push the boundary of balance for PoE but don't go into the main game. We already have way too much content creep and it just keeps getting worse.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
The only reason I'm able to shoot for level 100 and facetank Sirus is because I was able to self craft very good gear without spending an insane amount of money. Now it's back to builds using all uniques unless I get a mirror to drop.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Cinara posted:

It wasn't set up to fail, it wasn't designed to go core, really big difference there. Harvest accomplished a lot of what they set out to do for a temporary league, and IMO we need more leagues that drastically push the boundary of balance for PoE but don't go into the main game. We already have way too much content creep and it just keeps getting worse.

They should have seen that adding just something to click in maps and nothing happens with it to add anything at all to maps was going to be failure for like 95% of people playing. That's how it was set up to fail.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i think most people except for the standard barons and people who refuse to modify items at all (which might actually be a significant portion of the playerbase) are happy with the deterministic crafting--maybe with some of the rough balance edges sanded off, like adding another physical prefix to the crusader pool--but really don't like the actual league mechanic that was used to introduce the crafting

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

People like better gear, this shouldn't be a shock. If you want to replicate Harvest, just make the poo poo that drops better. Another option is for rares to have custom rerolls based on the ascendancy of the person doing the rolling.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
My experience with Harvest was that while in the short term it was fun, I completed my 36/40 challenge goal earlier than I ever had before, and about a week before I had finished my gear was already so out of control good, almost every slot has the correct T1 mod on it, I basically stopped bothering with the mechanic entirely because I was blasting through everything with zero problems. Fiddling with the garden to try to squeak out one extra modifier stopped being worth it. I could have made my gloves a little better and gone for a helmet enchant but otherwise I basically stopped caring about loot and currency entirely.

Probably not the most popular opinion but this is probably the least amount of time I've put into a League since I started doing challenges seriously since it was so easy for me to hit my goals so fast. It was a cool idea for an individual league but I don't think I mind it not going core for a while.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
move thorns from a regular affix to a crusader prefix

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

I'm a little surprised they're not bringing any of the crafting elements to core. They already had the crappy graphics to denote fire exalt or physical annul from the summaries they put onto the harvesters. Just make those currencies rare drops in high tier maps and/or create some kind of crafting recipe to make them from regular ones at like a 3:1 ratio. Accessible but not nearly as common, so you can still do fun stuff with gear crafting if that's your thing, but in a more limited form. Ditch all the rest of the stuff like fragmenting and random influence and you'd have added something interesting and new without drastically screwing up the balance of the game.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

search engine posted:

I'm a little surprised they're not bringing any of the crafting elements to core.

*yet

They're after a better way to do it.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Just play whatever shavs conversion build next league that's like 5 uniques baseline right there.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

search engine posted:

Just make those currencies rare drops in high tier maps and/or create some kind of crafting recipe to make them from regular ones at like a 3:1 ratio.

I really don't want any of the Harvest deterministic crafting options to turn into normal currency items. Part of what makes me like the league so much is that the value of them is so detached from actual currency value. Sure people can interact with a discord and trade them in a really awkward way, but that comes with a lot of caveats. Having them just be another exalted orb or even a vendor recipe means they now have a direct cost attached to them and reduces the likelyhood normal players will interact with them.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

search engine posted:

I'm a little surprised they're not bringing any of the crafting elements to core. They already had the crappy graphics to denote fire exalt or physical annul from the summaries they put onto the harvesters. Just make those currencies rare drops in high tier maps and/or create some kind of crafting recipe to make them from regular ones at like a 3:1 ratio. Accessible but not nearly as common, so you can still do fun stuff with gear crafting if that's your thing, but in a more limited form. Ditch all the rest of the stuff like fragmenting and random influence and you'd have added something interesting and new without drastically screwing up the balance of the game.

There's apparently some database issues caused by this.

I also highly doubt this is the last attempt at targeted exalts we are going to see. This next league is probably too soon for them to really put any feedback from harvest into real play, but I don't think the one after it is out of the question for the next stab.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah I really enjoyed this league for having a lot of potentially powerful crafts that rewarded me for using them for myself. It buoyed the league for me since the actual harvest loop was pretty lackluster.

e: would not be surprised if harvest is just the first of several experiments they have lined up to prepare for poe2. I doubt we will see a revisit to Harvest before that.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Targeted crafts good, farm very very bad

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Sorry if this is off topic, but do any of you POE goons play Path of Diablo? There’s a new ladder starting Friday and I figured it’d be a fun time to jump in again considering the next POE league is a month+ away. It’s been a few patches since I’ve played but it’s generally a good time and the community in game is pretty good - I figure it’s a bunch of other 30somethings reliving the glory days.

Edit: I’m gonna play a molten strike amazon! :haw:

External Organs fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 13, 2020

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

Papercut posted:

Targeted crafts good, farm very very bad

Not empty quoting. Very agree

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
So what genre of game ill-suited for a fast-paced ARPG will GGG shoehorn in for next league's mechanic? My money is on rhythm game, and not like Crypt of the Necrodancer.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

whypick1 posted:

So what genre of game ill-suited for a fast-paced ARPG will GGG shoehorn in for next league's mechanic? My money is on rhythm game, and not like Crypt of the Necrodancer.

Crypt is so good.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Anyway it's obviously going to be seek and find.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Rhoa Racing League, steering wheel mtx sold separately.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Cinara posted:

Rhoa Racing League, steering wheel mtx sold separately.

Whoa whoa whoa, Rhoa *breeding* League, then you race them.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Literally a browser window that opens up to cookie clicker

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

silvergoose posted:

Crypt is so good.

Crypt is good. Crypt done in PoE would be bad.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Fall Guys, GGG style.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

whypick1 posted:

Crypt is good. Crypt done in PoE would be bad.

They already have the step on the right colored blocks in the right order puzzle, just have to do it in time with traps exploding.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
It'll be the where's wal(ly/do) league. 1000s of monsters per map and one of them makes all the others invulnerable.

Maybe a hidden object league where the bosses are a single pixel in size.

Fixed vvvvvv

ubachung fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 13, 2020

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

ubachung posted:

It'll be the where's wally league. 1000s of monsters per map and one of them makes all the others invulnerable.

Where's Waldo or bust

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

where's Valdo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wow Rip harvest

It’s dumpstered

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

where's Valdo

Resting.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
i look forward to bestiary’d harvest

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
As long as they make a targeted annul or targeted exalt option at some point, I'll be fine with it. I don't need the six million different other options, just make it easier for me to get that last mod on an item.

The farm needs to die though. gently caress doing that ever again.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
If they give it the ability to import from a code, I'm good.

But it's really not worth saving anyway

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

dyzzy posted:

If they give it the ability to import from a code, I'm good.

But it's really not worth saving anyway

If stash tabs are anything to go by, if GGG brought the farm mechanic back the ability to import layouts would be introduced somewhere around 2030.

(Please do not bring the farm back)

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah kill the farm but keep targeted crafts somehow would be dope

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

plant-themed slot machines that drop a random selection of itemized crafts

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

It's gonna be hard going cold turkey back to pre-harvest gear crafting and availability. I don't think anything I ran this league will outright impossible but most of them are gonna cost a whole lot more. Goodbye 700 dps 8% crit influenced staves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurash
May 12, 2008

My totally-original-do-not-steal idea for a league would be a Pet league, one that you would feed different things and it would benefit you in different ways. They could have their own talent trees with different end-game pay-offs. Maybe your pet is in the thick of things and laying the smackdown; or maybe it's hanging in the back buffing you and your other minions. In my head they would start small, like MAGs from PSO, and eventually you would unlock the ability for them to go super-saiyan and they become your projection like the Conquerors, with their looks based on what talents you gave them. Maybe one of the end-game talents would let you become the projection, ala Sirus?

e: Let them wear jewelry, or maybe even the ability to unlock more item slots. Finally we would have mercs!

Kurash fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 13, 2020