Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Vasudus posted:

So fun observation with Anomalous Arctic Armor, which is amazing on its own: If you run a map with reflect, the mobs triggering the reflect will also trigger AA. So I was freezing whole packs of things by shooting at them, and was able to permafreeze the Carcass boss.

I've been running it w/ Enhance 4 and Elemental Proliferation since yesterday and folks, it's real good.

Kinda sad I'm playing a mana stacking build because I'd like to mess around with it. Definitely doesn't looks like something that's gonna survive next league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

MMF Freeway posted:

Kinda sad I'm playing a mana stacking build because I'd like to mess around with it. Definitely doesn't looks like something that's gonna survive next league

essence worm!

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Without using Ele Prolif it really isn't worth it, and ideally Enhance also. You CAN use Perfect Form to make it reserve no mana though, but a chest slot can be hard to make work in some builds.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Did elementalist use to have built in proliferation ?

I seem to remember that

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

euphronius posted:

Did elementalist use to have built in proliferation ?

I seem to remember that

Beacon of Ruin used to have it, but it got cut like a year ago

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."
New patch is going live now, notes are out https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2947510

Karst nerfed, chests raise more alert level, alert mods are multiplicative. It sounds like heists will still be the same as they have been after the guard alert removal its just now you will just open less chests. Bug fixes are great though

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It was a sad day, and the last time a non-golem Elementalist build was any good.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

quote:

Added additional Reward Types to various Heist Jobs.

Translation: "Oh poo poo, no one is running Deception/Agility/Brute Force heists. We should fix that."

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

Cinara posted:

It was a sad day, and the last time a non-golem Elementalist build was any good.

While not meta, I'm running this right now and it's extremely fun. Relatively squishy, but I just run around dropping my nukes and watching everything explodes in one cast so it's still easy to dodge around during fights. I'm at around 1/4 of my ideal DPS and on a 5 link, but red maps are still really easy. Clear speed is excellent, and bosses still die super fast, so it's not like playing fireball where you clear fast and then spend an eternity waiting for the boss to die.

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

sdr782 posted:

New patch is going live now, notes are out https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2947510

Karst nerfed, chests raise more alert level, alert mods are multiplicative. It sounds like heists will still be the same as they have been after the guard alert removal its just now you will just open less chests. Bug fixes are great though

So after running a few heists post patch it looks like the small chests give about 30-50% more alert, while there is a similar reduction in the alert increase for the larger chests. Also, it seems that alert level mods on blueprints are a lot rarer now, I must have spammed 50-100 alts and some alchemies on a blueprint and didnt see one. Before the patch it seemed like one of the most common mods.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

whypick1 posted:

Translation: "Oh poo poo, no one is running Deception/Agility/Brute Force heists. We should fix that."

Deception was insanely good though. I got so many 6L armors from that, it looks bad at first glance but reward chests have ludicrously good drops. Heck, I even got a decent leveling unique to drop 6L from one of those. I mean, it's just a Briskwrap, but hey, still nice.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

SpacePope posted:

While not meta, I'm running... Relatively squishy,

This is why I don't like Elementalist, PoE just keeps getting more deadly and taking an ascendancy that offers no defense just isn't something I like to do these days. That build has great damage and uses the offensive power of Elementalist in a good way, but at the end of the day it has almost no actual defenses.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Has this been posted yet? Because it sure is handy.

I just started playing again after like a 5 year hiatus. Maybe this will make more sense if I go to the Rogue Harbor. I don’t know what the jobs actually mean but I did pick up bounty or whatever that requires Engineering 1. What does that mean exactly? Edit nm found a good Heist good.

Also I am not sure if it’s been time or what but the game looks way worse than I remembered. Might have to look closer at the graphic settings. But so far it’s been great and amazing how much more content there is now, can’t wait to get to the many new Acts.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 25, 2020

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
5 year hiatus? So I bet this is complete gibberish to you:

(Someone in chat was asking about that earlier, good excuse to post)

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Oh yea that’s complete gibberish. And when I really played they didn’t even have leagues, just whatever the really short ones are called. I did come back during a league and apparently I got far enough in general to have Scion unlocked.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Hand Row posted:

Oh yea that’s complete gibberish. And when I really played they didn’t even have leagues, just whatever the really short ones are called. I did come back during a league and apparently I got far enough in general to have Scion unlocked.

Just FYI that's a joke image. None of those mechanics are in the game, its just supposed to simulate what coming back to POE feels like.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It looks like another lame markov generator garbage.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

whypick1 posted:

I really miss bigass thundercube builds before they were nerfed into the ground

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

It looks like another lame markov generator garbage.

Figures you of all people can't understand a joke.

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

I was hoping this patch would fix most issues, but I've already crashed 4 times and lost 2 grand heists. I guess I'll just keep waiting...

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Control Volume posted:

I really miss bigass thundercube builds before they were nerfed into the ground

I desperately want bigass thundercubes to be a feature.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Elentor posted:

I desperately want bigass thundercubes to be a feature.

winter orb, but for lightning spells

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

nightwisher posted:

Figures you of all people can't understand a joke.

Markov chain generated sentences are not funny, in my opinion.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Well good news, those are not markov chain generated!

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
They should add Orbs of Krangling, applying it to an item adds the Krangled tag but does nothing else... or does it?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Somehow a T16 Laboroatory map dropped for me, it's not Elder Laboratory or anything, just a vanilla non-Guardian map? I've never seen that before. I used an orb of Horizons on it and it became a t16 Necropolis?

Did I miss something somewhere? I thought normal maps only dropped up to T15?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

Did I miss something somewhere?

The past four leagues apparently, lol

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
So I'm guessing you have not actually done true endgame for a year now then, cause yea.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zero VGS posted:

Somehow a T16 Laboroatory map dropped for me, it's not Elder Laboratory or anything, just a vanilla non-Guardian map? I've never seen that before. I used an orb of Horizons on it and it became a t16 Necropolis?

Did I miss something somewhere? I thought normal maps only dropped up to T15?

Necrapolis is a a8 t16 map. All maps on a8 are t14-16.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Awakener level is not directly related to the tier of the map, it's the watchstones in that area.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Yea thats what I meant. a8=full watched stoned basicaly.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Cinara posted:

So I'm guessing you have not actually done true endgame for a year now then, cause yea.

I dunno I don't remember so good lol. I was fighting A6 Sirus last league and don't recall T16 I guess I forgot. Thanks for explaining though!

J
Jun 10, 2001

3.12.2 Hotfix 1:

Fixed an instance crash introduced in 3.12.2 that could occur during a Heist.
Exiting a Heist can once again place you in a Rogue Harbour instance that does not contain your Heist Portal. This is a temporary measure to fix an issue introduced in 3.12.2 where players were unable to leave a Heist if the instance that contained their Heist portal was full. We will properly fix this issue in a future patch.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

J posted:

3.12.2 Hotfix 1:

Exiting a Heist can once again place you in a Rogue Harbour instance that does not contain your Heist Portal. This is a temporary measure to fix an issue introduced in 3.12.2 where players were unable to leave a Heist if the instance that contained their Heist portal was full. We will properly fix this issue in a future patch.

lmao gently caress sakes GGG

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

J posted:

3.12.2 Hotfix 1:

Fixed an instance crash introduced in 3.12.2 that could occur during a Heist.
Exiting a Heist can once again place you in a Rogue Harbour instance that does not contain your Heist Portal.

lol, heisted again. I feel pretty bad for whatever developers have to deal with patching this.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

J posted:

why is it a hub zone

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Arrhythmia posted:

why is it a hub zone

:emptyquote:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Arrhythmia posted:

why is it a hub zone

Because GGG makes most of their money off cosmetic MTX packs, so clearly they needed yet another place for players to flaunt their insanely gaudy hundreds of dollars of MTX.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

whypick1 posted:

lmao how had i not seen this before

you skip one league and ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I like Heist, but you know what I'll love? When I can add an NPC and a planning table to my Hideout in a few seasons.