Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

1hp atziri is maybe still cheesable, afaik gluttony was never really nerfed mechanically, it was just full uptime nerfs. You can get like 20 second duration reasonably then log out 6 times. Tho I dunno if 2 minutes is even good enough with bad skills, who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

3.13 delayed until January to get out of the way of cyberpunk, I'm going to laugh so hard if it gets delayed again

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Delay sucks big time, but maybe I can finally get me a demigods

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Wow that's wild. Like it get cyberpunk is a big deal but a whole month delay? Tbh I'm a little relieved though lol

ilyatha
Nov 4, 2009
Remember they always push the December release and then all go on Christmas vacation. They can't delay a week without torpedoing their devs staycation plans. Least this time we'll get post launch support without waiting two to three weeks.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm disappointed but I'll make due. At least I don't have to make the decision between CP2077 and the next league.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Honestly, I like this since the usual holiday bugfix delay won't be a thing next league and they could probably use a holiday break without the usual screeching on forums in the background

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Instead it'll just be "why can't I play new league over Christmas break?" screeching in the forums

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Re-release battle royale and there's your fix

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You spelled "Descent" wrong

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

They don't do fun events anymore, please look forward to heist but there are rogue exiles and more torment ghosts on every map

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
I for one am looking forward to Heist leaving early access in December.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they unironically should just whip up a quick flashback league and say 'yeah we're going on vacation so if you dont like it, theres always standard'. onslaught double beyond warband torment with every instance having a random mechanic or something, and just run it during December

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The official post mentioned a flashback

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Parrish posted:

they unironically should just whip up a quick flashback league and say 'yeah we're going on vacation so if you dont like it, theres always standard'. onslaught double beyond warband torment with every instance having a random mechanic or something, and just run it during December

Yeah they said they will be throwing together some sort of december event. Sounds good to me! I hope they let me play Synthesis league or something

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
why aren't descent void leagues a weekly thing

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Rutibex posted:

Yeah they said they will be throwing together some sort of december event. Sounds good to me! I hope they let me play Synthesis league or something

Crossing fingers for 'every single league mechanic at once' league.

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

I guess I'm in the minority that don't care about Cyberpunk. But I guess if you delay a week for that it runs up too close to Christmas so you end up having to delay longer. I'm honestly fine with a flashback though, its been far too long.

marie_eh fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 28, 2020

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I don't care about cyberman 2057 or whatever. But I also don't really mind if the new league is delayed by a month, so long as I get something else to play with. I still haven't figured out 80% of this games basic mechanics so its no concern to me if its old content :shrug:

Honestly its more interesting, because I will get another new league one month after the end of December league. I only really keep interest for the first month of a league anyway.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I still need time to finish levelling and gearing out my Death's Oath build so an extra month is fine by me.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I'm not gonna play cyberpunk either, but it's gonna be a bummer to me if we just get a regular flashback. I want some wacky voided poo poo

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
League getting delayed a month is, IMO, really good news.

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
They should make a voided league where consumables are no longer consumed. Infinite delve, maps that can be run forever, spamming multiple times with a single exalt. Infinite mirror copies. It would be absolutely broken. :getin:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ubachung posted:

They should make a voided league where consumables are no longer consumed. Infinite delve, maps that can be run forever, spamming multiple times with a single exalt. Infinite mirror copies. It would be absolutely broken. :getin:

You might as well just let the players make rares in a text editor then. It'd save them time at that point.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Arrhythmia posted:

League getting delayed a month is, IMO, really good news.

Not like it will make the league better

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm hoping for "All-dressed" league where every map has all the past league mechanics as if it was every Zana mission with every scarab and master mission at the same time.

Also combine with this:

ubachung posted:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

They should just do a 1-month flashback league.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

they should get everyone hype for a flashback league to come back and then limit the mechanics it can pull from to Onslaught, Anarchy, Nemesis, Domination, Ambush, Invasion, Rampage, Torment, and Tempest

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Aye Doc posted:

they should get everyone hype for a flashback league to come back and then limit the mechanics it can pull from to Onslaught, Anarchy, Nemesis, Domination, Ambush, Invasion, Rampage, Torment, and Tempest

"Talisman Flashback?!?!"

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

You monster

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
they're not delayin cus they're worried of players playing cyberpunks instead of poe, it's the devs that wanna play cyberpunks :o:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

802.11weed posted:

they're not delayin cus they're worried of players playing cyberpunks instead of poe, it's the devs that wanna play cyberpunks :o:

:hmmyes:

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

802.11weed posted:

This, but also it's an adequate excuse to buy another month of paying off technical debt.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

They should just do a 1-month flashback league.

This is very likely what they'll do and maaaybe a 1 week something else. Wish they would do those crazy voided flashback leagues, those were fun as hell. Nothing like 20 rogue exiles in the final chamber of lab to get the heart racing. Or 20 invasion bosses in the first area after act 1 town.

I think they said they won't do those anymore, which makes me sad.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
My hot take on the delay:

It's fine.

I'm thinking Divine Ire totems for the flashback. Is that build still reasonable? It's been awhile since I've seen anyone talk about it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

"Sure, I'll open up this Abyss that's completely out of the way and probably won't drop anything I can use, it'll be fine"
*spawns rares with both phys dmg auras*
*splat*

Welp, guess I'm done with this game until January unless the Flashback tempts me.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Motherfucker.

Up until this fall, POE lagues and major patches for FF14 dropped at nearly the exact same time, so I'd end up having to split my time between them. But the latest patch for FF14 got delayed a month due to covid, so for once I didn't have to do that.

Now they're back in sync :negative:

J
Jun 10, 2001

Noper Q posted:

I'm thinking Divine Ire totems for the flashback. Is that build still reasonable? It's been awhile since I've seen anyone talk about it.

It's probably still fine. You don't hear anyone talk about it because divine ire is considered a slow skill, and totems are even slower, and totems have gotten overshadowed by brands. If you don't mind that then go nuts.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I also play slow, so that sounds perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Noper Q posted:

I also play slow, so that sounds perfect.

totem divine ire is probably faster than selfcast, contrary to most other spell totems. i really enjoyed my selfcast divine ire inquisitor when the skill first came out, but definitely it has one huge weakness: standing still is very bad in PoE. everything else about the skill owns, being goku is good and it's very satisfying to have the combination of the charge-nova + beam. the physical -> lightning conversion of course means that you have a wide variety of modifiers to stack for damage. it's everything you'd want in a skill, except the one thing, and totems will help on that front at least.