Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Almost every build in the game can use watchers eye, it depends on specific mods. They go from literally useless to hundreds of exalts depending on them.

e. I will never not post my extremely ethical Watcher's Eye

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
The only great watcher's eye drop I ever got was a double anger worth bucketloads of money, shame it dropped like a week before league end so it was of no use :allears:
Somehow it hurts even more to get one that hits two auras used together a lot, but they're both the shittiest of the mods available than it does to get a completely useless one.

I'm extremely enjoying the inquisitor coc build posted a while back, it's keeping me in the game long after I usually burn out. Probably the best all purpose build I've played in a long while. Damage started off a bit slow but after throwing a few hatful of exalts at it it's in the couple of million range which is plenty for a build as tanky as this.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

pork never goes bad posted:

GC BF is officially a good build. I just blindly went into the Hidden not knowing (or remembering - I vaguely remember discussion here now I'm writing this) how hard it was supposed to be, with +life and crit mods, and half my gems at 19/0. 3 portals later (all for spinning through one of Esh's balls and getting shocked then splatted by, well, pretty much anything at that point) I have a chromium watchstone, half of a maven, and my first two uncharted points. Time to buy a bunch of the others and knock them out, it seems. Since I don't have a ton of time to play, I'm planning on filling in the tree that makes sirus rotations go faster so I can get to A8 faster.

Yeah, mine is pretty sick now. I still haven't done maven yet (tried once, need to check out a guide, and maybe turn my tunes off for 5 minutes so I can hear the sound cues) but that aside, it's smashed through everything I've put in front of it. Up to L95 now and I doubt I'll get higher because the odd damage spike will still catch me out. But the damage output is great.

There are still a couple of things to get to finish it but most are 20ex plus now. 30% or higher move boots with fortify, a better rolled Paradoxica, a +1 enchant abyssus and a divergent cyclone for the extra move speed. I can probably afford the gem so I'll do that tomorrow. Currently sitting at around 7M dps per crydude and 6 dudes.

The only thing that bugs me is that an explode chest doesn't get much action because the GC minions don't trigger it. And the build is a dick to gear for due to the high int/dex requirements of the gems and the sword.

Other builds I've tried this season:
Ele Hit Ballista - pretty good starter, but until you get about 10ex in (L28 effective ele hit) it runs out of steam at T15 maps. Was good enough to get me to L95 though.
Bleed bow glad - couldn't afford a proper bleed bow at the time so it ran out of steam
Penance Brand - Holy conquest boom version. Insane damage, but the playstyle was a bit rear end. Fun as balls map clearing with an explode chest.
Divine Ire - Really really good. Got an explode chest for this too, and it's hilarious. Wipes out a full legion in 1-2 shots. Gets a bit rough on bosses where you don't have time to stop moving. Died a lot in harder harvest fights because of it.

frankenbeans fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Feb 25, 2021

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zenithe posted:

Almost every build in the game can use watchers eye, it depends on specific mods. They go from literally useless to hundreds of exalts depending on them.

e. I will never not post my extremely ethical Watcher's Eye

I heard it's Watcher's Eye time.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Elentor posted:

I heard it's Watcher's Eye time.

Ban this sick filth

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
How many divine orbs? Knowing the luck probably dropped like that

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it was sort of bad during the league I bought it for but took very few divine orbs on standard, because lord knows in league it'd take two thousand.

Ordeith
Oct 26, 2002

If I troll again, I will eat Hello Kitty's brains with a spork

Awesome! posted:

i dont think it is

enkis arc witch has always been "the newbie guide" because it explains everything and is laid out well. it has never been the "cheap endgame slayer" guide. it takes a lot to scale self cast arc into competitive bossing territory.

On the "hundreds of exalts" - maybe. I got an ideal large cluster jewel per enkis guide for 2.4 exalts - a fortune for me as a new player.

The ideal watchers eye is 60 exalts or so and barely any available. I could upgrade a lot of other things first, I'm sure. I didn't even know about going above 20% quality on armor until another poster earlier mentioned that - I still don't understand the Betrayal stuff even with the cheat sheets and explanations.

I see it more as a process for incremental gains rather than the build functioning just around the big ticket perfect roll upgrades.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
You can switch into archmage for a modest investment and clown all over Sirus with arc, tbh. I think it's like 3ex for a 6L pledge of hands and lets say another 3ex for the rest of the gear to get you started.

Its not trivial for a new player, but just a few hours of mapping a day gets you there within a week easy based on just ancient shards from valdo's rest

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Vorenus posted:

And which ascendancy would you drop to get it? :)

One of the damage ones. The problem with Elementalist before this patch was never damage, or at least not nearly as much damage, as it was survivability. Heart of Destruction seems nice, but if it's a choice between that and Bastion of Elements it's no choice at all.

VVV yeah, that.

Sarcastro fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 25, 2021

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If anything Elementalist has even fewer choices than before. You basically always want the golem and aegis nodes now. You get 2 points to pick what incredibly good damage node you want.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah, but at least you can pick 8 good nodes. Instead of 6 + 2 whatever ones.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Aegis isnt mandatory in SC, but the golem nodes are still too good. Too much QOL, damage and survivability in there at the cost of gemlinks.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

please knock Mom! posted:

Yeah, but at least you can pick 8 good nodes. Instead of 6 + 2 whatever ones.

Oh yeah this is very much true. Elementalist is extremely good.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Aegis isnt mandatory in SC, but the golem nodes are still too good. Too much QOL, damage and survivability in there at the cost of gemlinks.

I would disagree. Unless you're doing some kind of gimmick maxblock w/ a gain% shield or other heavy investment. You have zero defenses otherwise.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vasudus posted:

Oh yeah this is very much true. Elementalist is extremely good.

I would disagree. Unless you're doing some kind of gimmick maxblock w/ a gain% shield or other heavy investment. You have zero defenses otherwise.

Your defenses are "dont get hit" and "blow poo poo up before it blows you up" which is fine in SC. A lot of people have been playing ignite dire and the builds dont use it, and mathil just got done with a crackling lance build that would melt bosses in a few seconds that also didnt use it.

I would definitely pick the two points in the shield if I'm league starting a self cast elementalist. But when you got top end gear its not as necessary anymore.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mathil counts as his own defensive layer.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

euphronius posted:

Mathil counts as his own defensive layer.

Im well aware but even his elementalist wasnt "berserker with extra damage taken + abyssus" level stupid.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Golem nodes are far from mandatory. You give up a lot of gem slots for golems and at least in HC they can be a huge liability, since they wont stop dying in hard content

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
My aurastacker's golems died during maven fights all the time because staying close enough to give them the resist buffs etc sometimes wasn't an option with all the projectile spam.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of dying golems I saw this earlier and it's pretty funny even if it sucks. It queues up dozens of exploding golems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI9fCrUNzf4

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wuxi posted:

Golem nodes are far from mandatory. You give up a lot of gem slots for golems and at least in HC they can be a huge liability, since they wont stop dying in hard content

Yeah, the auto-resummoning is super handy, but it's still 5 seconds without that buff. If your chaos and/or stone golem die at the wrong time, you're gonna get splattered.

Though I guess the solution to that is more golems.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
The Elementalist Burning Arrow build I'm running at the moment uses an anima stone, 2 primordial eminence, and a primordial chain to get 9 golems; 2 chaos, 2 lightning, 2 ice, 2 fire, 1 stone, so that the important buffs are hard to lose (since both of the same type would have to die at once)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Magus42 posted:

The Elementalist Burning Arrow build I'm running at the moment uses an anima stone, 2 primordial eminence, and a primordial chain to get 9 golems; 2 chaos, 2 lightning, 2 ice, 2 fire, 1 stone, so that the important buffs are hard to lose (since both of the same type would have to die at once)

This build really comes alive once you pay the ten ex or so to squeeze in a partridge in a pear tree

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Levelled 93-94 in only haewark without getting a single Harvey. nice rng

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

2 weeks before the end of the league they are going to announce the +5% harvest node was accidentally giving -5% i am sure of it

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

von Braun posted:

Levelled 93-94 in only haewark without getting a single Harvey. nice rng

Only times I've seen a Harvest in the past 3-4 days:

*While I was farming white maps to capture the bosses for Ritual Encounters V, so nothing even close to level 76
*One red tier map I ran in Haewark...that I completely overlooked the elemental reflect mod on and instantly splatted myself

That second one was particularly rude because the Harvest was only a screen away from the portal so I went from "yay!" to "gently caress!" in about 0.1s.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
For some reason I never see harvest in Haewark unless there's a delirium mirror in the map, then it's like 50%. It's very weird.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm leveling an ill-advised Hollow Palm Ice Crash elementalist (basically took a chainsaw to the standard raider build's POB and I CAN'T HEAR YOU TELL ME IT'S A BAD IDEA OVER THE SOUND OF LOTS OF loving ICE).

Anyway, I can't decide if the "everything you do chills" node is better than the "exposure you apply goes up by 25%" node (I'm using Frost Bomb for exposure with the latter and it seems to be working well so far, but, well, still leveling). Or maybe the shock node would be even better.

I'm going Golems and Aegis for the other ones because I'm not completely suicidal.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Every time I log on I get 1-2 harvests and they always have a bunch of exalt crafts in them. My horticulture station is full of 10 exalt crafts but I'm too lazy to trade them, I can't think of anything I would buy :shrug:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Rutibex posted:

Every time I log on I get 1-2 harvests and they always have a bunch of exalt crafts in them. My horticulture station is full of 10 exalt crafts but I'm too lazy to trade them, I can't think of anything I would buy :shrug:

Yours for only 10ex: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/g28ZnojIQ

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I have the PoB fork and I'm wondering why I keep importing builds and it says they're using "131 skill points out of 123" or something. Any idea what's going on? Can anyone else see about one like this? https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/starhydra/starhydra_ritualI

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:thunk:
That would freeze enemies slightly more often.....

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

Zero VGS posted:

I have the PoB fork and I'm wondering why I keep importing builds and it says they're using "131 skill points out of 123" or something. Any idea what's going on? Can anyone else see about one like this? https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/starhydra/starhydra_ritualI

If you're importing them from POEninja it's because it by default assigns ALL the points on cluster jewels. You usually have to take 2-3 out of every 8 passive large and 1-2 from 5/6 passive mediums, etc.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Kehveli posted:

For some reason I never see harvest in Haewark unless there's a delirium mirror in the map, then it's like 50%. It's very weird.

Thats actually not that weird, Delirium gets more common the more stuff you have on your map - so having Harvest spawn also ever so slightly increases the chance you get Delirium to spawn

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Awesome! posted:

2 weeks before the end of the league they are going to announce the +5% harvest node was accidentally giving -5% i am sure of it

It's probably "5% increased" so instead of 3% it's 3.15%

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

Salt Fish posted:

It's probably "5% increased" so instead of 3% it's 3.15%

After people first claimed these nodes weren't working, Bex posted on reddit that GGG checked and harvests were spawning correctly, she said the spawn rate is 5% base up to 10% in the 2 harvest passive regions. Now, of course my experience is there is no way that Haewark Hamlet is giving me a 10% spawn rate, I almost exclusively run atoll and I have seen maybe 5 total natural harvest spawns since allocating the points. Sure my incredibly low odds could be RNG, but knowing GGG my money is that this is another Abyssal Depths or 4 socket resonator type issue. I am always wondering if master missions or other 'map encounters' could potentially be blocking things like harvest since frequently things like harvest, masters, lab trials, etc seem to share the same spawn locations on maps.

sdr782 fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 25, 2021

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Krolm posted:

If you're importing them from POEninja it's because it by default assigns ALL the points on cluster jewels. You usually have to take 2-3 out of every 8 passive large and 1-2 from 5/6 passive mediums, etc.

Ah thanks, that makes sense.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think we can all agree there is no way in hell its 10% right now in game

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
A better way to compare it would be how often you see Harvest in Haewark vs in other zones. Personally I see it dramatically more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
There's what, 3 more months of this league?