Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Elentor posted:

I'd actually be interested in your findings.

Yeah that didn't work, but I do have a new crazy build plan. I just found out that GGG made the Spark Spider MTX apply to Saqawal's Tornados, which fixes not only the no-visibility issue, but also the obnoxious sound effect. So I'm now attempting the first Transcendence Tornodo Templar Tank

If anyone is quitting and wants to toss anything (even a pile of regret orbs) to help un-scuff this project it is always appreciated. IGN is Da_Share_Zone

CubeTheory posted:

Anyone here playing Transcendence Golems? Curious what it looks like

I was nearly unkillable (full heal from each 75/75 block so the more things hitting me the more unkillable I was, on rare occasion on a lvl 84 map if I stand on an enemy's burning ground or something equally weird I could be killed by DOT), but I also had no DPS at all. Some people with actual money can use actual good minion cluster jewels to have millions of DPS.

These two were the builds I followed to set mine up:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/...mon-Stone-Golem

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/...mon-Stone-Golem

I got a Watcher's Eye that had both Reduced Crit Determination, and Converted to Elemental PurityEle.

The most important thing for Transcendence Golems is finding a way to get Iron Reflexes. You can either take the super pricey route of Precursor's Emblem and hitting minimum frenzy charges, or the easier way of finding an Iron Reflexes Skin of the Lords with decent coloring.

Also, super secret tip, I saw one person who used the Skin of the Lords for Empowering the Grace/Determination/Discipline, and then put their golem in a +3/MinionDamage/ConcentratedEffect helmet which was brilliant because it can yield over 100k armour and still have solid golems.

My last tip is to get a lvl 21 Chaos Golem and Empower it to 23, because that hits the threshold for 5% phys reduction when then scales off the other increased buff effects to make you much more tanky.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
I like to use Sirus die beam ticks as a benchmark. This isn't specifically related to transcend golems, but I'd bet a cheapo life based one can push respectable dps and mitigation.

assuming sirus does about 4k ele damage per tick, and you have 75% ele res post transcendence (saffel's), then you have 1k incoming to mitigate. The order of operations with transcendence actually works in your favor

according to the wiki armor calcs:

"Rule of thumb
To prevent one third of damage, you need armour 5 times the damage (e.g. 500 armour for 100 damage)
To prevent half of damage, you need armour 10 times the damage (e.g. 1000 armour for 100 damage)
To prevent two thirds of damage, you need armour 20 times the damage (e.g. 2000 armour for 100 damage)
To prevent three quarters of damage, you need armour 30 times the damage (e.g. 3000 armour for 100 damage)
To prevent 90% of damage, you need armour 90 times the damage (e.g. 9000 armour for 100 damage)
armour will never prevent more damage than its value divided by 10 (e.g. 1000 armour will never prevent more than 100 damage)"

So shooting for 75% ele dr, we need 30k armor, a life based golemancer with no determination can hit this. Total ele damage taken per tick: 250, 200 with base fortify
the builds zvgs listed have 100k+ armor looking at the poeninja, so that's 90% ele dr . Total ele damage taken per tick: 100, 80 with base fortify

now given a golem summoner gets 3-4k ele ehp for free, I'd drop the armor down, say gently caress it and go full into damage. Also, way more gearing freedom if you go life. Now if you really wanna eat uber atz flameblasts for breakfast, hey go for it:

lets say uh, 40k for her poo poo. And it has 10% pen if I remember correctly. So 40k*(1-.65) = 14k, we are between 1/2 and 1/3 on our armor quick guide at 100k so lets split the difference and say 5/12. that's gonna be about 6.5k incoming with fortify, so that's your aegis and a chunk of your es. You still probably wanna manually dodge, especially since i just spitballed her actual damage.

Grimoire fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Mar 3, 2021

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.
Can someone give me some advice on how to handle Despair on my Toxic Rain Pathfinder? SSF with enough damage I can cruise through t16s, but not quite enough that Maven 10 bosses and Sirus are easy.

I have seen people with a lot of investment into their builds on poe.ninja using three solutions:
  • Most commonly, despair on hit via hunter ring. I assume this applies only to the enemies that are actually hit by an arrow projectile, which doesn't happen quite as much as you would think
  • Cast despair via the unique helm Asenoth's Mark's 'trigger on bow attack.'
  • Relatively infrequently, despair via Witchfire Brew flask effect (level 21 despair aura while flask active). This... seems like a huge opportunity cost over other, better flasks (that I don't have).

I'm currently hardcasting a 21/23 despair (linked to enhance support). PoB says it's about 25% more dps than using a curse on hit ring, which I am guessing is because of some combination of doom and gem level/quality. Neither getting a hunter influenced Vermillion Ring and crafting it nor getting the prophecy for Asenoth's are particularly trivial (at least for me), so if someone can break down why people are picking these different options I'd appreciate it.

Current character if it's helpful (Bisco's is for rampage while mapping, I have a Stygian belt swap for bosses).

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Vasudus posted:

This is the part where I plug having your own crafting projects again.

You can have relatively cheap, good targets for every common mod type. You can make a lot of loving money this way. And I'm not talking the crazy bullshit I crafted and showed in the thread, I'm talking simple things like "have an 8-passive minion cluster to throw crit reforges at" and so on.

Old post but I really appreciated reading your gripped gloves craft. It made me want to really invest in planning my own crafting projects. Any tips for obtaining the amount of harvests required or is it just plugging away at Haewerk/Proxima?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Vinestalk posted:

Old post but I really appreciated reading your gripped gloves craft. It made me want to really invest in planning my own crafting projects. Any tips for obtaining the amount of harvests required or is it just plugging away at Haewerk/Proxima?

So I'm not a fan of Proxima at all. My opinion is that you should run Haewark for better chances of the good crafts, and if you need the common crafts that Proxima can bring you, go and buy them from goons with the money you make from Haewark.

But yeah basically what I did was have a tab full of crafting projects for every minor thing (the stuff I throw reforges on or random influence add) and a notepad with the crafting steps I need for my more involved projects.

J
Jun 10, 2001

cyrn posted:

Can someone give me some advice on how to handle Despair on my Toxic Rain Pathfinder? SSF with enough damage I can cruise through t16s, but not quite enough that Maven 10 bosses and Sirus are easy.

Reforge caster on a 75+ itemlevel hunter ring yields despair on hit very easily. If I was SSF I'd probably be taking the first 75+ hunter ring I found and throwing reforges at it until I hit despair on hit, then evaluate from there if I wanted to sink more harvest crafts into it or wait for a better base to roll on. Long term I'd be looking for a high ilvl vermillion ring base and then slapping a hunter's exalt on it, if one were to drop. But I'd definitely be using the ring for despair. Self casting is just so clunky, particularly on the maven arena fights. Witchfire brew is an okay-ish option but on the more difficult maven arena fights I don't really want to be close to a lot of these bosses. Toxic rain is a very spammy skill, last I played it I wasn't in the least bit worried about the arrows actually hitting to apply the despair. No chance I'm giving up my helm slot to automate it, that's too big of an opportunity cost.

Vinestalk posted:

Any tips for obtaining the amount of harvests required or is it just plugging away at Haewerk/Proxima?

Get the "paths not taken" uncharted realm node, and the harvest nodes in haewark. Triple favorite atoll to start building your stockpile of atolls. Roll a set of titanium watchstones in haewark with "master missions have increased chance to be zana" on them to start building up your bank of zana missions. Roll a second set of titanium haewark watchstones with "zana missions have 1 or 2 extra map options." +1 is about 300 alterations and 80 augs on average, +2 is about 3000 alterations and 800 augs on average. Use those watchstones when you spend your zana missions, the increased maps shown per mission from the watchstones will increase the odds of one of those maps having a "Complete the harvest" objective. You run atolls because it is a fast, narrow, linear map where it is impossible to miss zana or a natural harvest spawn. When you run out of zana missions switch back to the original set of watchstones to rebuild your zana mission stock. Zana can also show you some valuable non-harvest maps to consider, like shaper/elder guardian maps, synthesis maps, blight maps, and delirium mirror maps too. If she shows you no maps of any of those types, skip the mission.

J fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 3, 2021

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
oh god installing again because I'm in a game drought, maybe I'll make it to maps this time!?

rasputin handshake
Dec 25, 2005

Hello, WIP? Am I on?

J posted:

Triple favorite atoll ...

:aaaaa: I learn something new (that in retrospect feels obvious) about this stupid game all the time and I love it

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just realized why Paradoxica doesn't do poo poo with my Counterattacks.

Painforged
"Your Counterattacks deal Double Damage"

In my mind I just had it as 100% more damage. It's the same mechanic.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Edit: I hate this game and I need a drink.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Thanks for the tips Vasadus and J. Much appreciated.

Vasudus posted:

a notepad with the crafting steps I need for my more involved projects.

I definitely have that filled out. There were a couple days where "playing PoB more than the game," became "playing craft of exile more than the game." I didn't expect to enjoy the puzzle behind harvest crafting tags as fun as I did. But I'm feeling good about my build, self made that I've dragged to 91, and the crafting projects I have. Getting those done will last my casual rear end until the end of the league. This is my first league and it's been fun as hell, so I want to get this poo poo done and enjoy it before they understandably shake things up next league.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Martout posted:

oh god installing again because I'm in a game drought, maybe I'll make it to maps this time!?

At this late in the league many people in this thread or done or just about to be, so don't be surprised if people offer to just give you stuff that would otherwise waste away on Standard. I imagine someone has a twink leveling kit in their stash that you could put to good use.

Elentor posted:

I just realized why Paradoxica doesn't do poo poo with my Counterattacks.

Painforged
"Your Counterattacks deal Double Damage"

In my mind I just had it as 100% more damage. It's the same mechanic.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

:rip:

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

In game the uncharted passive "Thaumaturgical Awakening" says that Sirus has an increased chance to drop awakened gems but in the atlas passive stats the gloss for it in their snipped spreadsheet is "Conqueror awakening gem drop chance." I'm assuming that the in game text is right and this only applies to Sirus, so I haven't taken it - I don't always kill Sirus, I've definitely got the gear/build just need more practice and I refuse to drop the AW because I'm stubborn - but if it does actually apply to all conquerors, it's much more appealing.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
How does Double Damage interact with Triple Damage from the new brutal charges?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My bad brain is telling me 100% is the most double damage you can get

So that node plus paradoxica is 200% which is 100% too much

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whydirt posted:

How does Double Damage interact with Triple Damage from the new brutal charges?

They don't stack. If triple damage wins, I believe, it counts as triple damage, otherwise if double damage wins it counts as double damage, but they do not stack in any way, either additively or multiplicatively.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Hey why is the guy who inline posts mr hands and is insanely creepy to women not banned from the discord linked in the op

I'm talking about slo for the record

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

cyrn posted:

I have seen people with a lot of investment into their builds on poe.ninja using three solutions:
  • Most commonly, despair on hit via hunter ring. I assume this applies only to the enemies that are actually hit by an arrow projectile, which doesn't happen quite as much as you would think
  • Cast despair via the unique helm Asenoth's Mark's 'trigger on bow attack.'
  • Relatively infrequently, despair via Witchfire Brew flask effect (level 21 despair aura while flask active). This... seems like a huge opportunity cost over other, better flasks (that I don't have).

I'm currently hardcasting a 21/23 despair (linked to enhance support). PoB says it's about 25% more dps than using a curse on hit ring, which I am guessing is because of some combination of doom and gem level/quality. Neither getting a hunter influenced Vermillion Ring and crafting it nor getting the prophecy for Asenoth's are particularly trivial (at least for me), so if someone can break down why people are picking these different options I'd appreciate it.

Current character if it's helpful (Bisco's is for rampage while mapping, I have a Stygian belt swap for bosses).

Curse on crit ring, but acutally if you like self casting thats way cooler. People are totally using a curse on hit ring because it easier and less buttons.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Hey why is the guy who inline posts mr hands and is insanely creepy to women not banned from the discord linked in the op

Hi, PoE Discord mod here.

Please don't do the drama import/export. It's been handled.

Love,

Carados.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Who is mr hands?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Has it actually finally been handled because I mean it's only taken weeks

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

Who is mr hands?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enumclaw_horse_sex_case

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

J posted:

Triple favorite atoll to start building your stockpile of atolls.

Do any of the wise PoE people have info on if this actually works? There's a lot of conflicting information online and the most convincing thing I remember reading was that putting the same map in multiple favorite slots really didn't do much and the ideal strategy was to have one map of each tier in each slot, given how the game calculates map tier rarity first before determining the actual map itself.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You get more atolls.

Really the only thing I don't like about ritual is how it brought back the you only want to run a single map forever.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Aerox posted:

Do any of the wise PoE people have info on if this actually works? There's a lot of conflicting information online and the most convincing thing I remember reading was that putting the same map in multiple favorite slots really didn't do much and the ideal strategy was to have one map of each tier in each slot, given how the game calculates map tier rarity first before determining the actual map itself.

It definitely works. Maps have a weighted percentage to drop, each time you favorite a map it adds 10x to that map's weighting. But there are a few caveats that throw people off when they test it. Karv has a good video about it here, and that dude understands how the atlas works better than anybody: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxQIMXQ3sgY

Text summary of that video here: https://pastebin.com/ESt68Mtq

Basically when you kill a boss it has a 1/3 chance of dropping an adjacent map, if you're running a map that is not adjacent to your preferred map these drops will make your map drops look like the preference system doesn't work as stated. Similarly, uncompleted adjacent maps have an increased chance to drop which can also skew drop results, commonly seen when people are trying to target farm a specific T16 map and leave an adjacent T16 map uncompleted, thinking that will get them more of the map they want when it actually does the opposite.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
My 50+ Atolls and Canyons, and basically zero other T16s/15s, tells me triple favoriting definitely works

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.
got to that point in the league where I realise I just cannot do the endgame bosses

1shots everywhere, invisible fuckyous, you exploded dumbass idk why

great fun. nah. its poo poo

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Play a tanky build, even in SC the feeling of safety and consistency is really satisfying. DPS is for chumps

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

CredulousAtBest posted:

got to that point in the league where I realise I just cannot do the endgame bosses

1shots everywhere, invisible fuckyous, you exploded dumbass idk why

great fun. nah. its poo poo

just play any Gladiator build if you want something that doesn't fall over to endgame stuff

....or just invest more currency in your current build (though some are always going to be kind of glass-cannon)

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks to the goon who gifted me a pile of ex! Spark MTX Tornado build is online!

Question for crafting. I have two Timetwist rings with 8% Reduced duration. The range is from negative 10 to positive 10 duration. Getting my rings from -8 to -10 gives me 33% More Tornadoes, according to the calculator.

-8% Timetwist is a couple chaos and -10% start at 5ex. If I use ex to buy Divines, shouldn't it take on average 20 divines (1.6 ex worth) to hit a perfect roll? I assume there's no way to cheat it with Harvest since a negative roll probably isn't "lucky" as far as the game considers?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I assume 0 is a possible result, so 21 on average but even then that's still worth it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Confidence = 1 - (20/21)^N, where N is the number of times you roll it. At 11 Divine : 1 Ex, it looks like this:

1 Ex - 41.5%
2 Ex - 65.8%
3 Ex - 80.0%
4 Ex - 88.3%
5 Ex - 93.2%
6 Ex - 96.0%

If that's the only roll you care about, Divining it should be EV+ over buying it outright at 5 Ex.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

whypick1 posted:

Confidence = 1 - (20/21)^N, where N is the number of times you roll it. At 11 Divine : 1 Ex, it looks like this:

1 Ex - 41.5%
2 Ex - 65.8%
3 Ex - 80.0%
4 Ex - 88.3%
5 Ex - 93.2%
6 Ex - 96.0%

If that's the only roll you care about, Divining it should be EV+ over buying it outright at 5 Ex.

ah thanks, and I'm realizing -8 is worth around 40c (super slow selling item though) and -9 maybe an ex, so even if I don't hit perfect I can try to resell those and recoup some money.

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.

J posted:

Reforge caster on a 75+ itemlevel hunter ring yields despair on hit very easily. If I was SSF I'd probably be taking the first 75+ hunter ring I found and throwing reforges at it until I hit despair on hit, then evaluate from there if I wanted to sink more harvest crafts into it or wait for a better base to roll on. Long term I'd be looking for a high ilvl vermillion ring base and then slapping a hunter's exalt on it, if one were to drop. But I'd definitely be using the ring for despair. Self casting is just so clunky, particularly on the maven arena fights. Witchfire brew is an okay-ish option but on the more difficult maven arena fights I don't really want to be close to a lot of these bosses. Toxic rain is a very spammy skill, last I played it I wasn't in the least bit worried about the arrows actually hitting to apply the despair. No chance I'm giving up my helm slot to automate it, that's too big of an opportunity cost.

Thanks! One of the hardest things for me to learn has been where there are easily made intermediate gear improvements between standard life/resistance stuff that were the 'endgame' most of my PoE playtime and good influenced items people are going for.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

cyrn posted:

Thanks! One of the hardest things for me to learn has been where there are easily made intermediate gear improvements between standard life/resistance stuff that were the 'endgame' most of my PoE playtime and good influenced items people are going for.

One of the easiest intermediate updates is to get better life and resists on some slots to free up space for a unique, or an item with a single useful mod. For example, if you get your resists and life to a good place so you're capped with a ring open, it's often cheap to get a curse on hit ring that you can craft life onto (or that already has a life craft!) without dropping down. Similarly, you might have other great single influence mods on other items that you could find by looking at people running your build on poe.ninja.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Here's a "party-friendly" "melee" build that's "great"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMMxBMzTXdA

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I have never heard that line but it's now also my favorite.

Betrayal added an insane number of voice lines. Poedb lists 2158 lines, though obviously I have no idea how many of those are actually in the game. There's basically one line for every syndicate member offering to betray any other given syndicate member. For example, this is ITF offering to betray Jorgin:

"It hates It That Is Hairy's brood. No thoughts, brood-mouths open, drooling power for the hated enemies from Before All. Animals, Its are. Diseased animals. It hates hates hates hates!"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

where is ITF from? was it an eternal when poo poo when bad?

ITF has cool lines, but I gotta hand it to yeena for coolest character

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

hawowanlawow posted:

where is ITF from? was it an eternal when poo poo when bad?

ITF has cool lines, but I gotta hand it to yeena for coolest character

It's a breach demon. One of the purple hand guys.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Is there a rough rule of thumb for Sirus scaling? I've unlocked the fight for the first time and can get ascendancy up to 5. How do I know if I'm gonna get wrecked by A5 Sirus and should dial it back? I assume if I fail to kill him I have to chase down the 4 conquerors again to reopen the fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Never fought Sirus? Just do it on A0

And yes, you just spawn/defeat the conqs each time you want to kill Sirus.