Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Hethunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Zenithe posted:

I just wanted to let you know I appreciate this very much.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

No that's headhunter2

:five:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

No Safe Word posted:

Why did you type your password in a post? Good thing it shows up as stars

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shafthunter

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Footavoider

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I am more interested in getting some cool new skills than whatever the league mechanic is.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Based on what they do to the Elementalist ignite node will determine if I league start an ignite based character or not.

If they left it alone, I'm doing Archmage/MoM Fireball.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

so I know chaos slinger peters out in red maps, but converting it to ed/contagion should be easy enough right? my first ever character was ed/cont and I remember boss damage being poo poo, but I was probably doing a bunch of stuff wrong. Is it tolerable?

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

hawowanlawow posted:

so I know chaos slinger peters out in red maps, but converting it to ed/contagion should be easy enough right? my first ever character was ed/cont and I remember boss damage being poo poo, but I was probably doing a bunch of stuff wrong. Is it tolerable?

Yes, that is the more comfy build for ED/C, to start as slinger then go self-cast.

generic metric
Jul 1, 2008

:ssh:

https://web.poecdn.com/image/shop/pack/ultimatum/silvercrescentpack.webm

https://web.poecdn.com/image/shop/pack/ultimatum/imperialsunpack.webm

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
good portal

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Started thinking about builds, even though it's a bit a bit early. I didn't really get to Maven and Uncharted Realms last league, so I want to league start with something that can scale really well into the endgame. Okay map clear. Tanky. Good at bossing. Thinking about Lacerate gladiator or maybe flamewall-slinger elementalist.

Anyone got other suggestions while I'm testing builds? Extra cool if elementalist golem shell.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Not elementalist, but check out general's cry blade flurry! It's so good.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

pork never goes bad posted:

Not elementalist, but check out general's cry blade flurry! It's so good.

for now.....

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

revert sunder

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
General's Cry is probably gonna be changed to not work with channeled skills.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
What are some good raider builds for league starting?

Chieftain was fun and tanky but it'd be nice to be zoomy again.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Ranger has really poop gem availability at start. Caustic does alright getting you to the gem vendor when you can pivot to whatever.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

totalnewbie posted:

i've seen some people toying with deadeye icicle mines as a starter. if you are not dead-set on raider, might be worth looking into

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
POE league & 2.0 stream is up, starting in about 15 minutes: https://twitch.tv/pathofexile

Get some free wings if you've linked your Twitch account and watched enough https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3078546

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

totalnewbie posted:

TR/CA and BB/BF are your options

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
get ur poggies ready!!!!!!!!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
lol spears and crossbows right off the bat

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Seems like you can zoom out further

Boss health bars giving me one hell of a Diablo 2 vibe

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

von Braun posted:

get ur poggies ready!!!!!!!!

im poggin

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
jfc why is poe 2 so far away :negative:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

whypick1 posted:

Seems like you can zoom out further

Boss health bars giving me one hell of a Diablo 2 vibe

Funny this is the best observation

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
New trailer is dope. The new environments they're showing look cool. The new camera angle is good, although it's hard to tell what's in-game and what's just trailer footage. They said they're adjusting it, so any change is good there.

Seeing 5 flasks still makes me sad, heh.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Poe2 looks loving dope

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

If I ever play a crossbow build it better not require swapping ammo all the time because I will get very weary of hearing what bolts I'm using every time

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
One sec, did the player automatically pick up currency? an armor currency just be run over and heard the pick up noise.

edit: guess not. it sure sounded like it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Nice demo on this map, but they could edit it down slightly.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I've been on an ARPG kick since Ritual. After I got done with it, I played Grim Dawn for the first time, but got bored before I fully finished the campaign (its expacs add a lot of time). Then I've played a little D3, because it's fun for a (very) short time, and it's been like...4 years or more.

The grass is always greener, but it's nice to get perspective on what POE does well and what it doesn't.

It's nice having engines that run smooth. POE, and esp POE2, definitely look better, but it's not worth it when you have to turn that poo poo off and turn off combat sounds to try to get stability. Maybe next league will be better.

It's nice not having to deal with external loot filters (built-in for Grim Dawn, and in D3, NO loot filters needed at all). Last Epoch's loot filters look super nice too (not that I've played it). I know they're trying to un-gently caress loot.

The lack of constant clicking to pick up tedious loot is sooo nice in other games. POE really needs to enable vaccuum loot for currency / scrolls / etc. They need to give up that poo poo. No one will ever stop playing POE because "oh I missed picking up tedious stuff".

But those other games also showed where POE loving trounces everyone else. POE's endgame is so drat good and deep. The whole atlas progression system is huge, plus watchstones. Then you have a lot of various boss fights you can work towards too.

I also still quite like POE's campaign, and this POE2 campaign looks even better.

In short, POE please fix your loot, stop grognarding about tedium, fix your tech issues, because hot drat I am super pumped for POE2 and it makes me sad it's so far away.

(But please stop having her announce her bolt every 2 seconds. ARMOR FROST BOLTS! INCENDIARY BOLTS!)

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Very displeased to see that flashing "quest updated" square above the experience bar. It's so annoying!!

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Incendiary bolt! Armor piercing bolt!

I respect the effort put in, but ya edit it down a bit and give me a lot of this info to read imo.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 8, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Zotix posted:

Incendiary bolt! Armor piercing bolt!

Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Had to half-listen to the past 10 or so minutes, is it too late to make "Incendiary Bolt, Permafrost Bolt, Armor-Piercing Bolt, Incendiary Bolt, Permafrost Bolt, Armor-Piercing Bolt, Incendiary Bolt, Permafrost Bolt, Armor-Piercing Bolt, Incendiary Bolt, Permafrost Bolt, Armor-Piercing Bolt, Incendiary Bolt, Permafrost Bolt, Armor-Piercing Bolt, Incendiary Bolt, Permafrost Bolt, Armor-Piercing Bolt, Incendiary Bolt, Permafrost Bolt, Armor-Piercing Bolt, Incendiary Bolt, Permafrost Bolt, Armor-Piercing Bolt" joke?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

is spears being added new or did i just forget that was announced last time, either way hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

This expanding fire spear skill looks cool as hell, I know I'm going to die a fuckload in poe2 just from wanting to do The Cool Version of all these skills.