Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tornado does not have a cold or lighting tag so … rip for coc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

euphronius posted:

Did flaggellents survive so far ??

Yes but that's easily something that could just be in patch notes, especially if they are just lowering the values by a bit but leaving the mod itself.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fireball keeps getting insane paper increases while still probably not that good

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Aerox posted:

gently caress, I missed this completely and this looks sick as hell :negative:

Lightning tendrils got way loving buffed, my good sir...

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I love self castin

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
So level 1 Fireball has 370% added damage effectiveness?

Double Apep's memes sounding pretty fun.

Edit: haha nevermind it's been so long since I used those wands that I forgot they are +40 flat mana cost now and not % increased.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

quote:

We plan to introduce a mechanic for Ignite damage with melee attack skills to give some unconventional Ignite builds a new option for enhancing Ignites
This was supposed to be in last patch

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I know they transferred some of this damage to the skill gems but still lol:

Cast on Critical Strike Support: Supported Skills now deal 19% less Spell Damage at gem level 1 (previously 20% more), and 10% less at gem level 20 (previously 29% more).
Awakened Cast on Critical Strike Support: Supported Skills now deal 9% less Spell Damage at gem level 1 (previously 30% more), and 7% less at gem level 5 (previously 32% more).
Cast while Channelling Support: Now has “Supported Triggered Spells deal 30% less Damage” at all gem levels.
Awakened Cast while Channelling Support: Now has “Supported Triggered Spells Deal 30% less Damage” at all gem levels.

Edit

:hmbol:

The Poet’s Pen, Cospri’s Malice and Mjölner have had their cooldown on triggering socketed spells increased to 0.25 seconds (previously 0.15 seconds). This change affects existing items.

Sorry just going through the manifesto now after dinner

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
"Please, for the love of Kitava, stop reducing every spell in the game to 'I hold down the Cyclone button brrrrrrrr'."
-GGG probably

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah triggered spells are fuckin' dumb and they deserve to be dumpstered outside of a few niche builds. Looking forward to what the community can come up with in terms of builds that actually cast spells rather than spinning in a circle vomiting ice balls in random directions.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011
i will never self cast

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Vulpes posted:

Yeah triggered spells are fuckin' dumb and they deserve to be dumpstered outside of a few niche builds. Looking forward to what the community can come up with in terms of builds that actually cast spells rather than spinning in a circle vomiting ice balls in random directions.

hmm how about standing still vomiting ice balls in one direction?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hmm

Explosive Arrow: Now has “Explosion deals 5% more Damage with Hits and Ailments per Explosive Arrow on Target” (previously just Hits).

How many arrows can you get on a target ?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
22 with Divergent EA, but good luck getting that many in a target with 40% less skill duration.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
Hieorphant Frostbolt/Ice Nova seems like it got some pretty nice buffs, although Pledge of Hands being super rare is a bit of a stumbling block. I played that build in Legion and really enjoyed it, it needs positioning but it felt really good.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

quote:

Fortification and Damage Reduction
Problem:
Fortification gain being scaled by the damage dealt by a fortifying hit means that hitting monsters with very high amounts of damage reduction (such as in the Azurite Mine, the Simulacrum or against monsters that have just been spawned by certain league mechanics) can grant little to no fortification, even for builds with very high damage.

Solution:
Fortification generation now ignores the target's damage reduction.

Does this mean that non champ/slammers can get fortify again? Or is there something cryptic that's gonna still curb that?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh i guess that is how it used to be anyway before 3.16

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Does this mean that non champ/slammers can get fortify again? Or is there something cryptic that's gonna still curb that?

No it's just fixing the issue with certain areas breaking the new fortify mechanics. For most situations nothing is changed. If your build had issues getting fortify before, it still will after this change.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is this the first trigger to work this way ?? If I read it correctly you don’t need to link it to your main attack, it just fires on its own

Added a new Dexterity Support gem - Mark on Hit: Trigger Supported Mark Skill when you Hit a Rare or Unique Enemy with an Attack. This support adds a cooldown and a small curse effect penalty to the triggered Mark skill, but does not need to be linked to the triggering attack

I guess it’s similar to CWdT

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Battlemage's Cry

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Builds that were fine getting fortify in normal maps but not on Harvest or Deli will now get fortify fine everywhere. Builds that struggled everywhere will still struggle.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Cinara posted:

No it's just fixing the issue with certain areas breaking the new fortify mechanics. For most situations nothing is changed. If your build had issues getting fortify before, it still will after this change.

:negative:

Spells it is I guess.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lamo they hated that 2000 trauma build. It’s been killed afaict

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

euphronius posted:

Is this the first trigger to work this way ?? If I read it correctly you don’t need to link it to your main attack, it just fires on its own

Added a new Dexterity Support gem - Mark on Hit: Trigger Supported Mark Skill when you Hit a Rare or Unique Enemy with an Attack. This support adds a cooldown and a small curse effect penalty to the triggered Mark skill, but does not need to be linked to the triggering attack

I guess it’s similar to CWdT

Isn't that how spellslinger works as well? I've never played it.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I'm legitimately thinking I might go lightning tendrils (maybe cast while channel arc or something), I love playing bad spells and changing characters just as I try white maps (see also: selfcast flameblast, storm bind, crackling lance)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Vulpes posted:

Isn't that how spellslinger works as well? I've never played it.

Correct. Any with the changes to EoW and Hydrosphere, you should probably keep never playing it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Rolling Magma's damage effectiveness is absurd :blastu:

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Unless they make more changes, is there any reason not to league start ignite DD?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was saving absolution for the new league and it looks like it survived so far

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

euphronius posted:

I was saving absolution for the new league and it looks like it survived so far

Even if they didn't touch the minion use of it, it'll shred stuff. Turn your bloom down though!

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
remember how yesterday everyone was all "oh god it's gonna be nothing but nerfs again, 3.17 dead league"

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Captainicus posted:

I'm legitimately thinking I might go lightning tendrils

I guarantee it's not worth it, play literally any other spell (not Stormbind)

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

frajaq posted:

I guarantee it's not worth it, play literally any other spell (not Stormbind)

That bad, huh? :v: I admit I did not look at the numbers yet and just saw lightning tendrils got better and wanted to palpatine some monsters, I'll stop and reconsider

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Benson Cunningham posted:

Unless they make more changes, is there any reason not to league start ignite DD?

really wondering how the 15% chance per corpse will feel.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

External Organs posted:

Rolling Magma's damage effectiveness is absurd :blastu:

Rolling Magma Pledge of Hands :thunk:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Friends don't let friends league start lightning tendrils

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

many years ago I used to exclusively play hardcore as some tanky self cast fire storm build

I hope fire storm is good this time I'd like some retro gameplay

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Benson Cunningham posted:

wouldnt settle until patch notes or gem reveal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I'll just blindly league start whatever new spells they add this league instead :buddy:

Assuming they add some new skill gems, of course. Has there been a league with zero new skills?