Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so everyone seems convinced the desecrate 15% spectre chance per corpse is an actual dd ignite buff, so maybe necro DD is on the menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Benson Cunningham posted:

Unless they make more changes, is there any reason not to league start ignite DD?

It's still insanely good on no equipment with the changes described so far

J
Jun 10, 2001

Who the gently caress is screaming "play a two button build" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never play a two button build

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Those absolution numbers are crazy. Absolution can already be a 20m+ dps build.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Captainicus posted:

I'll just blindly league start whatever new spells they add this league instead :buddy:

Assuming they add some new skill gems, of course. Has there been a league with zero new skills?

That's usually my plan too. And no, I'm pretty sure every league has at least new supports, if not new skills. They've said that one of their strategies to retaining players is identifying the different things that keep people coming back and including at least some of each with each league, like new gear or new challenges. One of those is people who want to play with new skills.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That’s not the minion version of the spell apparently

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

queeb posted:

so everyone seems convinced the desecrate 15% spectre chance per corpse is an actual dd ignite buff, so maybe necro DD is on the menu.

I don't get why this would be the case?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Mikojan posted:

Is Absolution's damage broken in PoB? Every time I look at a build, it's ~1m at the very most unless it's a Doriyani build with perfectly rolled Scourged -Lightning res gear

Definitely tempted to roll with it with how hard it got buffed.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Mikojan posted:

The minions are not being buffed, just the spell you cast yourself.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Cinara posted:

Still, better levelling with it is nice. And Spiritual aid miiiiiight be worth the investment with the buffed spell damage?

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Captainicus posted:

I'll just blindly league start whatever new spells they add this league instead :buddy:

Assuming they add some new skill gems, of course. Has there been a league with zero new skills?

I usually do this in part so I have no guide to follow and just play. Last league I tried Energy Blade Trap which was kinda interesting but they left the stupid trap Elemental Overload bug unfixed for so long I abandoned it.

I like channeled skills and wish there was another cold one besides Winter Orb which is kinda meh.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

graynull posted:

I usually do this in part so I have no guide to follow and just play. Last league I tried Energy Blade Trap which was kinda interesting but they left the stupid trap Elemental Overload bug unfixed for so long I abandoned it.

I like channeled skills and wish there was another cold one besides Winter Orb which is kinda meh.

icestorm, but lol rip barring an unmentioned buff to it in the patch notes

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Did they ever make Absolution work properly with Soulwrest?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

icestorm, but lol rip barring an unmentioned buff to it in the patch notes
Icestorm isn't channeled, it just has a duration.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Reiterpallasch posted:

oh come on, this was the league i was going to try coc eye of winter too

Yeah same, rip. It's pretty much dead to self cast.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

theshim posted:

Icestorm isn't channeled, it just has a duration.

sure but you have to use cast while channeling with it...

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

self cast ice nova

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

sure but you have to use cast while channeling with it...
I'll have you know I played selfcast icestorm*!!!

*this was before cwc existed

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zenithe posted:

Friends don't let friends league start lightning tendrils

One of the last times I played trade HC I leaguestarted Lighting Tendrils CWC Arc Inpulsa Inquisitor. Was a ton of fun actually.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

J posted:

Who the gently caress is screaming "play a two button build" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never play a two button build

I was born in the 2 button builds. Molded by it!

(My first real build was ignite detonate dead back in, what, 0.9? 1.0? Back when arctic armour was a 200 mana/sec drain and made you unkillable)

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Gotta say, didn't expect the glacial hammer and molten strike nerfs.

Probably gonna do some wacky deadeye miner (ice Spear?)

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Spreadsheet of damage changes by caster archetype, looks like everything but selfcast and traps is pretty neutral

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oNl8bMcuvX5KGrbmi5hz1dcO-FLSv8rg5ozsLvmvG-A/edit#gid=0

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deki posted:

Still, better levelling with it is nice. And Spiritual aid miiiiiight be worth the investment with the buffed spell damage?

It already was if you weren't relying completely on the minions (and why would you when you need to cast it anyway?). I almost always take that wheel just for the raw minon stats anyway.

Now a real necro buff would be making the spiritual whatever that let's you share minion attack speed also work for cast speed.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Is selfcast frost bolt/ice nova back on the menu?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Spreadsheet of damage changes by caster archetype, looks like everything but selfcast and traps is pretty neutral

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oNl8bMcuvX5KGrbmi5hz1dcO-FLSv8rg5ozsLvmvG-A/edit#gid=0

I wish this included Poet's Pen etc. Near as I can tell, the weapon-based triggered casting is nerfed by like 12% overall for the +48% buffed spells. Should still be fine, for those spells. We haven't seen numbers for Eye of Winter, it might still be in the game!

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Seeing as I'm not actually gonna be able to settle on my league starter til the day before, y'all got any recommendations for someone who is hopelessly addicted to screenwide celestial mtx Herald of Ice shatters?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Seeing as I'm not actually gonna be able to settle on my league starter til the day before, y'all got any recommendations for someone who is hopelessly addicted to screenwide celestial mtx Herald of Ice shatters?

lightning tendrils

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I will absolutely go for new and improved bows, and absolutely get burned like an idiot.

generic metric
Jul 1, 2008

GGG didn’t address the main problem with DD. They either don’t know what they hosed up in 3.16 or just gonna stealth nerf it. It seems people, including here, are unaware why it was specifically OP this patch. They think it was always like this or that it was due to the ignite changes.

No, they hosed up and changed the base corpse health ( the base HP not the increased life %) and increased it by like 10 times this patch. They mention something vaguely about mob hp and damage reduction in relation to delve and seems like they didn’t compensate for corpses. That’s probably what went wrong on their end.

Anyway that is the main reason why it became OP. There are vids of people clearing simulacrums with just unearth. Desecrate wasn’t the source of the problem.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
We still don't have patch notes. They might nerf DD by other means in the notes.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

generic metric posted:

There are vids of people clearing simulacrums with just unearth. Desecrate wasn’t the source of the problem.

Desecrate is absolutely the problem. Unearth works because its not capped by zone level, so with extremely heavy investment (+gems, Empower, alternate quality + Enhance) you could create lvl90+ corpses with +60% max corpse hp, which then would put it ever so slightly ahead of just pressing Desecrate, lmao

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Cinara posted:

That would make a lot more sense. Also very good since the only thing that was holding the build back was being able to quickly replenish your dudes when they get wiped.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

they released the patch early to read what people are saying is OP to fix it before league,u fools

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ferrinus posted:

Did they ever make Absolution work properly with Soulwrest?

Not to my knowledge, you need a separate corpse eater for that to work.

generic metric
Jul 1, 2008

Wuxi posted:

Desecrate is absolutely the problem. Unearth works because its not capped by zone level, so with extremely heavy investment (+gems, Empower, alternate quality + Enhance) you could create lvl90+ corpses with +60% max corpse hp, which then would put it ever so slightly ahead of just pressing Desecrate, lmao
Yes desecrate is absolutely stronger than unearth.
I might have worded it weird, but my point is to say the mob health change is what hosed up the balance not desecrate itself, so much so that even unearth was giving decent damage. They should revert the mob base health so that desecrate + DD becomes balanced again. Instead of what they’re trying to do now.

However, I do agree with trying to make DD more consistent and less based on which zone you are in.

generic metric fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jan 25, 2022

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Maybe it’s time to dust off arc starter again

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

generic metric posted:

GGG didn’t address the main problem with DD. They either don’t know what they hosed up in 3.16 or just gonna stealth nerf it. It seems people, including here, are unaware why it was specifically OP this patch. They think it was always like this or that it was due to the ignite changes.

No, they hosed up and changed the base corpse health ( the base HP not the increased life %) and increased it by like 10 times this patch. They mention something vaguely about mob hp and damage reduction in relation to delve and seems like they didn’t compensate for corpses. That’s probably what went wrong on their end.

Anyway that is the main reason why it became OP. There are vids of people clearing simulacrums with just unearth. Desecrate wasn’t the source of the problem.

it is very weird the life scaling wasnt even addressed properly.

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
I see all this talk of one and two button builds and how people can't stand more than one button etc.....

*Looks at my 4+ button minion monstrosity.... *

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I am having trouble parsing the orb of storms description (bolded):

quote:

Orb of Storms has been redesigned as a single target tool for lightning casters. The focus of the skill has been placed on its mechanic of hitting enemies when you cast a lightning skill in its area. Orb of Storms now deals 3 to 8 Lightning Damage at gem level 1 (previously 2 to 7), up to 304 to 913 at gem level 20 (previously 185 to 555). Now strikes every 3.50 seconds at gem level 1 (previously 1.50 seconds), and every 2.55 seconds at gem level 20 (previously 1.02 seconds).

Beams now split towards 1 additional target at gem level 1 (previously 2), up to 3 additional targets at gem level 20 (previously 4). Now has 110% Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels (previously 65%). Base Duration is now 7.00 seconds (previously 6.00 seconds)

Orb of Storms no longer requires splitting from the caster when they cast a Lightning spell in its area. Instead it will zap an enemy in range every time you cast a Lightning spell from within the Orb of Storm's area, making positioning much more flexible.

What does this mean practically? I've not really ever used OOS past act 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The range of the beams it shoots isn't centered around you but centered around it.