Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what does it feel like to read reddit comments about poe?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
sure
nah fam
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
View Results

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Mentat Radnor posted:

That's how both of them used to work years ago, just % increased mana cost of skills. I don't know why they changed it in the first place, since the only real abuse cases were with Zerphi's Last Breath, which got nerfed into alch shards over a year before the mana cost changes on these other uniques.

they were part of the first wave of archmage nerfs iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

:black101:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1487194269849100289?s=20&t=j-Cg1fNJEMrZxSjyl_WEBQ

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

is this why they got rid of racecourse? oh well, acid cavern is still in...

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Trying to decide between Kay's minions and vortex occultist for SSF. Never done cold dot before, which build would be better T bossing?

Vortex occultist single target is kinda mediocre (unless I was playing it wrong/bad which is extremely possible)

<e> felt mediocre to me I have no idea how it actually compares to anything*

mynnna fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 29, 2022

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

When I played Vortex occ a few leagues ago it felt like it hit a major damage wall until I could switch to LL. After that it was excellent, but it requires enough gear that I don't know if it would be a good pick for SSF.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Lpzie posted:

I imagine this will follow the pattern where only the final map boss you kill, when it's a multi-boss, is treated like a loot pinata, for the purposes of special map boss drops.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Lpzie posted:

City Square and Precinct are back in.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007

Taco Defender

mynnna posted:

Vortex occultist single target is kinda mediocre (unless I was playing it wrong/bad which is extremely possible)

<e> felt mediocre to me I have no idea how it actually compares to anything*

Vortex occultist is the kinda gold standard for good consistent dps in my book, but its when you use your vaal cold snap, cold snap, and vortex on the same target that it melts.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

My buddy played an Exsanguinate Champion last league that went really, really well for him. Some gear overlap with Seismic Trap (specifically Cold Iron Point early) which is unfortunate because it's looking like that'll be popular again. Unleash got nerfed a bit and exsang didn't get as much of a buff to compensate, so that's too bad. +2 amulets will be harder to come by and without Sirus as the Atlas End Boss means Crown of the Inward Eye will be more expensive. I don't think any of this is enough to kill the build, though. I hope.

But we're still almost a full week out. I'll change my mind several times between now and then. Ultimately I want something tanky enough to survive the new bosses so I'm not just getting clapped and learning nothing as I burn through six portals.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

Vortex occultist is the kinda gold standard for good consistent dps in my book, but its when you use your vaal cold snap, cold snap, and vortex on the same target that it melts.

I was either playing it badly or don't really have a good feeling for "good single target dps" then, since the latter is what I was actually doing

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
"It has gunfights and shit!"

Lipstick Apathy

Jinnigan posted:

It is explicitly not back

Although Archnemesis is like if Ultimatum were for bosses. So. Close enough?

Where did they explicitly say this? Or was it synthesized to an implicit?

Archnemesis is not close enough. I don't even think it gives individual rewards for multiple party members like Ultimatum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

awoo

This seems like a good league to mess with Battlemage. Hopefully Templar remains unpopular