Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

If only they'd designed more than one dungeon for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

docbeard posted:

If only they'd designed more than one dungeon for it.

okay, this is getting weird now.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

EVIL Gibson posted:

okay, this is getting weird now.

Every heist is exactly the same! Different tile sets but precisely the same experience. (Except Perception ones, I guess, but only because they're worse!) Grand heists are just three regular heists mashed together.

I mean I kind of like heist but it needs a lot more variety. Even by the game's usual "do the same thing over and over" standards it stands out.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Still laughing at the original Heist implementation, and the flashbacks to Vorici missions that it caused to everyone that has been playing for long enough.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Miss Broccoli posted:

'i was asked to do this'

my brother in christ, by who

By several people in my comment section and some eFriends. So not people like you.

It's a full reaction video for a 8000 word manifesto (that's 20 pages of text) of me going through it for the first time. The people that watched seemed to appreciate it and my "damaged brain." So not people like you.

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 8, 2022

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
there's a lot of ways they could've added variety to heists, like multiple objective heists where you can only steal one and get locked down that path, heists that start from the endpoint, more unique tiles with specific challenges etc.

unfortunately what we got is a very half baked sorta thing.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Dahbadu posted:

By several people in my comment section and some eFriends. So not people like you.

It's a full reaction video for a 8000 word manifesto (that's 20 pages of text) of me going through it for the first time. The people that watched seemed to appreciate it and my "damaged brain." So not people like you.

You keep doing you, brother. GET SOME.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

FZeroRacer posted:

heists that start from the endpoint

Pretty sure that's all of the unique Heists, which is honestly a much better setup than having to "sneak" up to the reward chest in order to not trigger alarms because, as pointed out earlier, lol at trying to do stealth in this game.

euphronius posted:

The effort they put into heist was good and the characters are all voiced and everything. It’s quite an achievement for an arpg.

I poo poo on Heist plenty, but I'll certainly never call it a lazy effort. If GGG were really cool they'd release whatever tools they used to create those boss vs. boss fights (remember those?) but for the Heist NPCs to banter amongst themselves.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I still think Heist was planned to be non-linear before they ran out of time and shipped it half finished.

The original alert from monsters system, patrols of monsters, and rogues having different reskinnings of essentially the same bypass mechanics all make sense if it's a puzzle to find the best routes for the most loot with the rogues you have, but don't make any sense on a linear map where you have to go past everything.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

poemdexter posted:

You keep doing you, brother. GET SOME.

:glomp:

You do you too, brother.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
The best heist contract is the unique one about the cat because you can loot everything and while the NPCs are talking, walk all the way back to the entrance so that when the alarm finally goes off, you can just exit immediately. Literally a map of free loot.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

I still think Heist was planned to be non-linear before they ran out of time and shipped it half finished.

The original alert from monsters system, patrols of monsters, and rogues having different reskinnings of essentially the same bypass mechanics all make sense if it's a puzzle to find the best routes for the most loot with the rogues you have, but don't make any sense on a linear map where you have to go past everything.

Yeah, it really feels likethere’s something not all the way there

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
I forgot the Chieftain node is unaffected by Ignite not immune to Ignite. These reworked uniques are really sparking ideas.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Heists ultimately dare to ask, what if we had a team design an endgame based on item-generated instances with limited uses and stage-level affixes, but didn't tell them we already had one we're willing to continue working on?

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

poemdexter posted:

The best heist contract is the unique one about the cat because you can loot everything and while the NPCs are talking, walk all the way back to the entrance so that when the alarm finally goes off, you can just exit immediately. Literally a map of free loot.

You're a monster. No amount of loot makes up for what happens in that map.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Benson Cunningham posted:

You're a monster. No amount of loot makes up for what happens in that map.

Hana's fine, she's here with me at the exit. I don't know what they think they've done.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

euphronius posted:

The effort they put into heist was good and the characters are all voiced and everything. It’s quite an achievement for an arpg.

I appreciate the big leagues they did to replace the old Masters and their missions, but drat if I don't prefer the more recent style of league revamps where the effort's into the game as a whole and not one small content type.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I remember when Metamorph launched and you had to manually pick up all the pieces. Once they patched in auto-pickup all I could think was "wow, now let me filter an auto-currency-pickup and directly place it into my currency stash tab so I can still use my wrist in 10 years." QoL is like dark magic to GGG.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

DaveKap posted:

I remember when Metamorph launched and you had to manually pick up all the pieces. Once they patched in auto-pickup all I could think was "wow, now let me filter an auto-currency-pickup and directly place it into my currency stash tab so I can still use my wrist in 10 years." QoL is like dark magic to GGG.

That's not QoL though, since it would directly increase the profit you get lol

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'd think your profits would actually go down because the global supply would greatly increase but demand probably wouldn't at anywhere near the same rate, dropping prices.

Totally QoL if you're SSF though.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

DaveKap posted:

I remember when Metamorph launched and you had to manually pick up all the pieces.

While we're on the topic of clunky league starts, I found these hiding in my Standard league stash while cleaning today:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
You DO have nets, Exile!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Net tiers is up there on dumbest things they have ever done

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Lot of headscratchers with how league Bestiary was done, that's for sure.

Remember how you could only capture living beasts which completely hosed over builds that had massive DPS or cleared things off-screen or used minions/traps/mines/totems (i.e. LOTS of builds) and they introduced the Necromancy net a week after launch? Good times.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
If I remember right at first your Necromancy Nets could still not work sometimes because the corpses of the beasts could be detonated.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
If they just removed heist items and leveling the dudes I'd be down for it. As it is, I get gated by Deception or whatever and just say gently caress it. Last thing I want is finicky bullshit for minor value.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Cinara posted:

If I remember right at first your Necromancy Nets could still not work sometimes because the corpses of the beasts could be detonated.

That was something I had forgotten about. They did finally implement the solution "don't let their corpses be destroyed or consumed"...a month and a half after league launch :wtc:

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Another great part about the league, there were all these great very easy to acquire beast recipes for stuff like movespeed on boots that would have made leveling so much nicer.

Beastcrafting was completely broken the entire first day of the league.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

Dahbadu posted:

Rise and grind my man. Rise and grind. Get out there and hustle

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

whypick1 posted:

Remember how you could only capture living beasts which completely hosed over builds that had massive DPS or cleared things off-screen or used minions/traps/mines/totems (i.e. LOTS of builds) and they introduced the Necromancy net a week after launch? Good times.

I started that league as ED/Contagion. You couldn't throw nets until a beast was under 10% life. My Essence Drain dot damage would kill every beast between the time the game let me throw a net and the time that it landed and went into effect, so I literally could not interact with the league mechanic and just killed everything for the first two weeks.

Then I rerolled some sort of BLS molten strike Chieftain if I remember correctly, and got a Headhunter from the second unique belt beastcraft I ever did and then the league was fun.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Heist would be if they got rid of all the rogue levels and gear. All that poo poo is just busy work.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rogue gear should not have had exclusive stats and just been player gear like in Diablo but whatever

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Same with sabotage and trying to min-max all execute decisions. I'd do it if it was just kill and go.

Oh and unlocking all the veiled mods every league sucks.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Interesting change.

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1556759764872593408

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:rip: cheap AG boots

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I wonder if that means you could use mageblood with a quicksilver flask and the rolled mods apply to your minions. Because that could be interesting in terms of adding res or other stuff to minions.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Hamelekim posted:

I wonder if that means you could use mageblood with a quicksilver flask and the rolled mods apply to your minions. Because that could be interesting in terms of adding res or other stuff to minions.

yeah if it's only "[the wearer's] Quicksilver flasks apply..." then this is really only for party stuff, but I can't imagine they're better than other options

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

You can give your minions like 16% aspd with a flask, but it’s gonna depend on ‘nearby’

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This reads like it will give them the full buff of whatevers goin with your quicksilver and I can only imagine the price of this being ludicrously high if it does with mageblood what we think it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Crit, aspd, extra movespeed, there’s a bunch of catarina mods too