Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Tabletops posted:

i think people are kind of sleeping on that buffed emperor's vigilance shield. it lost it's worst drawback (cannot block while you have no es) and is now like 2k armor 400 es and comes with free glancing blows (not sure if that's still good or not though lol)

that's better than most endgame shield throw/shield crush shields in terms of raw dps.

as an example i plugged it into my GC SC guy from expedition and it was an immediate 40% dps boost over what was a 15 ex ev/es shield

edit: or maybe they aren't sleeping on it, idk. i haven't paid attention to anything outside of goon discourse.

Ssssh, don't ruin my chance to relive the glory days of SST before it was nerfed.

Crouching_tuna was playing around with this on stream and made some PoBs on it, gets decent endgame dps. One with trickster aswell, but how to level is another question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
I want to relive archmage ignite with stormfire and that recently buffed lightning damage unique glove

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
whoa, some QOL for use ultra-wide players.

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1558561908373872640

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

MMF Freeway posted:

haha I swear I thought of that but I guess I just figure that gearing for % damage is easier than crit multi or spell sup or whatever else I took instead of more damage. Would you not value getting piercing shots with the shadow start? Cuz when I was thinking of the tree I definitely had it in my head that its a must have pick up. I guess piece support is not that bad these days compared to other options but my plan was to put energy leech in that slot

Going through a few PoBs I think you should go topside non-crit for the league start. Buffed Singularity will be a great starter weapon

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

I'm in between (poison?) LS, elemental helix, claw molten strike (does this work for real? this is my favorite skill but I thought it was garbage now) and some kinda EA build. Maybe spectral throw? Minions of some kind? I had a lot of fun w/ 3.16 skelly warriors and have wanted to try elemental golems

I generally like helix and last league I was rolling nice w/ EA until they fixed the krangled text and my game started memory leaking every 5ish maps. kinda wanna play a ranger or marauder, unless I do witch. Genuinely torn!

Plan is farm heist a bunch which is the only reason i'm even considering poison LS. I think I like most of those builds for that, idk about golems though

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Big deal. I recently switched back to a 38inch ultrawide and not having to look to the far corners all the time will be wonderful.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Hamelekim posted:

Big deal. I recently switched back to a 38inch ultrawide and not having to look to the far corners all the time will be wonderful.

Ad-:orb:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Hamelekim posted:

Yeah this is a big survivability upgrade especially against bleeds

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1558579605245534209

Huh, didn't expect new Grand Spectrum ones.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Keru posted:

Huh, didn't expect new Grand Spectrum ones.

They mentioned 6 new ones during the reveal.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

whypick1 posted:

They mentioned 6 new ones during the reveal.

I completely missed that, then.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
3 min endurance charges for one jewel looks pretty good if you can find good choices from the other spectrums for the other two slots.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Two jewel slots for 4 permanent endurance charges... sounds like a decent deal to me.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
endurance charges are the easiest to maintain, but if you're using the elemental resistance spectrums then it's a no brainer to replace one of them with the minimum endurance charges, since you lose 9% all but gain 12% phys.

im assuming there'll be minimum power and frenzy charge next; if so that would be massive for any build that uses void batteries.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

If a build that uses Void Batteries doesn't have reliable Power Charge generation its a poo poo build

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Power charges are easy anyways, if you can't fit charge on crit into your build it's not worth going power charges anyways.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Reiterpallasch posted:

ruetoo popularized cf champ back in 3.16ish and guides from back then should still be mostly good, though i think the aura reservation nerfs probably mean you're going to have to drop defiance banner or herald of purity; that's going to ding every old build to some extent, though.

Much obliged. This looks fun

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Power charges are easy anyways, if you can't fit charge on crit into your build it's not worth going power charges anyways.
the point is that it allows you to avoid needing to ramp up or maintain charges. you could use something like ephemeral bond for an additional (1-2) - (36-40) added lightning damage per power charge with no downside since it has 90% less power charge duration.

also gets kind of weird tweaking critical hit chance at that point since with the 480% crit chance increase you get from the charges it can be very easy to get close to 100% charges, but power charge generation is easier the higher your baseline crit chance is before power charges are included.

edit: i think it would also make Malachai's Loop better than 2x void batteries, since it has roughly the same damage per power charge at 10 power charges but the downside would be negated entirely

FZeroRacer fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 14, 2022

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Anyone played brands recently? Specifically something like Velyna's Storm Brand Inquisitor? Or a suggestion of a different brand build that you've played and was good? I haven't played a brand build other than using them to level through Acts. I've got actual zero idea of what to play this league and nothing is inspiring.

Last league I started with a seismic trapper and farmed up ~20ex for a CoC Forbidden Rite Occultist which ended up being the best build I've ever played. Melding of Flesh + Aegis Aurora was the most broken poo poo. I don't expect anything I play this league will come close to it, but I did learn a lot about prioritizing upgrades and making poo poo work swapping out smaller pieces to make room for the late game stuff as I acquired it.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Two jewel slots for 4 permanent endurance charges... sounds like a decent deal to me.

Just keep in mind you need a source of +max endurance charges then since min can't exceed max. It would be hilarious to easily just get 9 endurance charges otherwise

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Guys this is 138% more poison damage on marked targets with focal point

Right ?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
138% of one poison stack

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
e: ^^ pretty much

Depends on if your build goes for building many poison stacks or just a few strong ones. Benefit goes down the more the former

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
138% more of the one strongest poison. It's not great unless you have a slow-hitting attack that inflicts huge poisons

Mulozon Empuri
Jan 23, 2006

I can't believe GGG didn't take the 30 minutes it would take to make an intern buff 6 random unused skills enough to make people interested in this league.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

138% of one poison stack

Oh

Rip

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Hexblast poison critical ailment support :emo:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

MerrMan posted:

Anyone played brands recently? Specifically something like Velyna's Storm Brand Inquisitor? Or a suggestion of a different brand build that you've played and was good? I haven't played a brand build other than using them to level through Acts. I've got actual zero idea of what to play this league and nothing is inspiring.

Last league I started with a seismic trapper and farmed up ~20ex for a CoC Forbidden Rite Occultist which ended up being the best build I've ever played. Melding of Flesh + Aegis Aurora was the most broken poo poo. I don't expect anything I play this league will come close to it, but I did learn a lot about prioritizing upgrades and making poo poo work swapping out smaller pieces to make room for the late game stuff as I acquired it.

Idk if he posts in the thread but there's a guy in the discord who plays storm brand every league

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

MerrMan posted:

I did wintertide brand occultist last league and it was pretty sweet.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

MMF Freeway posted:

138% of one poison stack

Well, there is that one mastery that lets your first poison stack on an enemy deal 300% increased damage...

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

It's also a mod you can get on chaos dot medium clusters. I've screwed around with it before, trying to figure out if there was something worth doing with stacking 5 or 6 of those and the answer was not quite, but alchemist's mark does basically double the damage of One Big Poison so it could be now. 50% quality anomalous flameblast will give you 100% fire to chaos and 50% chance to poison. That was the best source I could find, although you could do something with assailum too. It's been a while since I looked into it, probably other options.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Yeah they're clearly pushing flameblast poison with it, so much that it's in the trailer.
You'd really need poison prolif for clear though.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

McFrugal posted:

Yeah they're clearly pushing flameblast poison with it, so much that it's in the trailer.
You'd really need poison prolif for clear though.

or Profane bloom and Plague bearer

i've been playing around in PoB with poison flameblast and it still looks like it's going to mostly stink but the extremely fun kind of stink. here's the High Level Poison-Ignite Flameblast build chris mentioned on stream:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/...lous-Flameblast

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 14, 2022

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Benson Cunningham posted:

I just realized with GGG's policy of allowing multi-boxing you could probably farm Oni's on like 10 characters at a time. Wonder how profitable it would be?

Not very profitable.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

just enough paper to wipe away all the stains from your time spent with the anime jerkoff sword

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
inquisitor storm brand is probably the easiest version of storm brand to get going

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

search engine posted:

It's also a mod you can get on chaos dot medium clusters. I've screwed around with it before, trying to figure out if there was something worth doing with stacking 5 or 6 of those and the answer was not quite, but alchemist's mark does basically double the damage of One Big Poison so it could be now. 50% quality anomalous flameblast will give you 100% fire to chaos and 50% chance to poison. That was the best source I could find, although you could do something with assailum too. It's been a while since I looked into it, probably other options.

elite dumbassed option: poison Earthquake with Alchemists mark and a ton of low tolerances plus the mastery

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

elite dumbassed option: poison Earthquake with Alchemists mark and a ton of low tolerances plus the mastery
that would have some pretty bad synergy with earthquake because the bulk of earthquake's damage is on the aftershock which would not receive the low tolerance effect because of the first hit. unless you're spacing things out only to hit things with the aftershock which sounds like a massive pain in the rear end. or if your poison is so low duration that the stacks drop between hits.

FZeroRacer fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 14, 2022

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im gonna gently caress with alchemists mark since I'm gonna go scourge arrow again I think but I haven't decided whether I'll do trickster or Pathfinder yet. you really want to convert all your damage to chaos for basically any poison skill but they hate letting us convert to chaos and Pathfinder makes that easier for attacks anyway, plus prolif. isn't necessary for either pconc leveling or scourge arrow in general, but it's hard to turn down QoL... i guess trickster ultimately makes more sense because unless someone has invented new tech the best scourge arrow build is probably back to relying on nightgrips and a skin of the loyal/lords for most of your damage. and wasting two slots on loving ward and DPS but no life is really not conducive to living a long life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
Does converting to chaos matter much for poison? The phys damage gets converted to chaos on the back-end anyway and I don't think stuff like armor will affect ailments even if the initial hit is phys since it just cares about the base hit for ailments