Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I remember simply running out of time here, almost how I ran out of time in Sentinels. No matter how much I played the Beyond bosses I needed wouldn't spawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I got 3 but I dropped the league at 80 on day 3 or 4 so I don’t really count it as playing. I’d say on average maybe 16 or so but I never really chase them and rarely play nearly as hard as a lot of y’all

Bishop01
Apr 27, 2007

Has you seen my bucket?!
Any suggestions on a minion starter build for this league?

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
It's been so many leagues since I played, I've got no idea what's even worth playing any more. Time to do some youtubes I guess.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Sentinel was the first league that I ever actually cared about challenges. I hadn't started out caring but as I was clearing content, I got closer and closer to just... finishing challenges. And then by the time I was in the 30s, especially mid 30s, it was sort of like "okay well, I guess I'll go for 38" and then when I hit 38, it turned out that the last ones I needed was on content I was already doing anyway (I think one was no volatiles on uber elder, which I was farming for feared witnesses).

In the past leagues, the only ones I'd gone out of my way to complete were ones like "Use this vendor recipe!" Looking back, there were a bunch of challenges that I could have completed basically in minutes, like in scourge I didn't use a maven's orb so I didn't get that challenge done, etc.

Archnemesis: 28
Scourge: 33
Expedition: 26
Ultimatum: 21 (I dipped out of the league relatively early)
Ritual: 31
Heist: 26
Harvest: 10 (I started Sep 4th, which was 10 days before Harvest league ended)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Since everyone else is sharing their league history: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VfMZ_r48dLSQE4D1lOKMUcAfkm0FkNDO__-9HeRaOJA/edit?usp=sharing

Bishop01 posted:

Any suggestions on a minion starter build for this league?

Kay is one of the go-tos for minion builds in this game and this is what she's theorycrafted for this league:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4wN3Ajiqzg

Although those are all fairly new archetypes. For stuff that's tried and true and hasn't been affected too much by the changes this patch I'd probably lean more towards Guardian builds like Absolution or Dominating Blow.

DigitalMocking posted:

It's been so many leagues since I played, I've got no idea what's even worth playing any more. Time to do some youtubes I guess.

You picked an...interesting time to come back. Not just because new league tomorrow but because there's been a pretty sizeable shift in the meta the past two leagues along with a massive endgame overhaul.

At least we can tell you which videos are bullshit if you post them here (assuming we're not all busy poopsocking).

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 19, 2022

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
The leagues that I got 36+ in are Breach, Harbinger, and Betrayal.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Incursion: 25
Delve: 37
Betrayal 36:
Synthesis: 15 (shocked by this actually, I hated this league)
Legion: 36
Blight: 24
Metamorph: 36
Delirium: 36
Harvest: 36
Heist: 24
Ritual: 37
Ultimatum: 25
Expedition: 4
Scourge: 13
Archnemesis: 38
Sentinel: 9

Usually my challenge number is a direct reflection of how much I enjoyed the league. The exception is Sentinel, where I enjoyed it quite a bit but the awful challenges actually discouraged me and lead me to quit the league early.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Elentor posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/your account name will show both on the main page and in the Challenges page, as well as show you the history of past leagues if you care.

The previous bunch of leagues were all 14-15 when I cared, Metamorph and Legion were both 25 somehow.

Sentinel where I completely stopped giving a gently caress? 4 Challenges. That's with me hitting level 94 and bonusing the whole atlas.

edit: Perfection:

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 19, 2022

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, right. i should patch PoB and get to work.

i kind of want to do trickster but I like flasks too drat much so I guess I'll just play scourge arrow pathfinder again lmfao. gently caress spectral helix- great build but I'm never playing that skill again.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Larry Parrish posted:

oh, right. i should patch PoB and get to work.

i kind of want to do trickster but I like flasks too drat much so I guess I'll just play scourge arrow pathfinder again lmfao. gently caress spectral helix- great build but I'm never playing that skill again.

Speaking of patching, here's the GGPK Preload torrent, I don't think anyone mentioned it in thread and it went up pretty late: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3294493

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Sentiel - 0
Archnemesis - 39
Scourge - 36
Expedition - 13
Ultimatum - 22
Ritual - 37
Heist - 19
Harvest - 38
Delirium - 40
Metamorph - 40
Blight - 36
Legion - 38
Synthesis - 35
Betrayal - 36
Delve - 16
Incursion - 36
Bestiary - 36
Abyss - 28
Harbinger - 24
Legacy - 20
Breach - 36
Essence - 0
Prophecy - 10
Perandus - 40
Talisman - 26/32

For the most part I do 36 if I enjoy the league, and if not I just peace out after about a week. A few leagues have very low challenges or zero because I was playing WoW instead, Delve being the major one that I actually enjoyed but didn't have time for. Sentinel I skipped completely to play Lost Ark. Most leagues I get to the mid 20s without even trying, and then it comes down to finishing up the challenges with my friends in the last couple days we play. We all play most leagues for between 1 and 2 weeks, though there were a few exceptions like Harvest and Delirium that got about a month of play.

Looking back the only weird one is Ultimatum, I just didn't care about challenges that league at all even though I played a ton of it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Elentor posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/your account name will show both on the main page and in the Challenges page, as well as show you the history of past leagues if you care.
I never go for challenges.

Anarchy: 0/8
Dom: 1/8
Ambush:0/8
Rampage: 0/8
Bloodlines: 0/8
Tempest: 0/8
Perandus: 20/40
Prophecy: 12/40
Essence: 16/40
Legacy: 7/40
Harbinger: 20/40
Incursion: 9/40
Delirium: 12/40

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

What's funny is my first league was Incursion and I started late (2-3 weeks) and played hardcore the entire time and still ended up with 15 challenges without specifically going for them, as compared to my 18 in Sentinel with playing a LOT more and in softcore instead and playing basically the entire league (save like 2 weeks).

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Zero VGS posted:

The previous bunch of leagues were all 14-15 when I cared, Metamorph and Legion were both 25 somehow.

Sentinel where I completely stopped giving a gently caress? 4 Challenges. That's with me hitting level 94 and bonusing the whole atlas.

edit: Perfection:

Did you not even mess with the league mechanic at all? It was crazy juicy.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
just fyi since i've seen a few mentions of heist/infinite heist: if you're planning on doing it day 1--or if you have a hard time generating currency early in the league in general--you should install (and figure out how to use, which took me like 10 minutes) Chaos Recipe Enhancer, which is a tool that scans your dump tab to figure out what you need to pick up to complete a chaos recipe, modifies your loot filter on the fly to highlight those items, and will display an overlay on your screen so you just click on the highlighted areas in your stash tab without having to look. tons of day 1 heist's value lies in easy chaos recipe sets, since so much rare jewelry comes out of the little chests, so if you aren't doing the chaos recipe or wasting any time at all thinking about it, you should probably just be in maps instead.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i know back when i started playing poe the thread superstars at the time had a super absolute standpoint on the chaos recipe--that it was for rubes and idiots who didn't know how to value identified rares--and it took me a long time to get past that advice, which, frankly, is just not true today.

i'm not trying to pick a fight or anything; if the chaos recipe slows you down a lot it really isn't worth doing, and this tool didn't exist back then so they very well might have been right. but the tool exists now, and just from a value perspective, you should be doing it. if you didn't want to do it because it sounds mind-numbing that's perfectly reasonable, because it is. but if you're willing to pick up 6-socket items off the ground for the jeweller's orbs, you should be willing to do this. the tool makes so you just click on the things your loot filter highlights, same as you always would, and assembling full sets out of your dump tab is just more click-on-the-highlight.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Reiterpallasch posted:

but if you're willing to pick up 6-socket items off the ground for the jeweller's orbs, you should be willing to do this.

Look I'm all for doing the chaos recipe if you just really need a little bit of quick hard currency, but this equivalence is just awful. 6 sockets for jewellers orbs takes me a fraction of a second to do one, and it's two clicks. Even with a tool like this, chaos recipe is still like 15x more thinking and clicking and time. And, frankly, I look at the chaos recipe like this: it's the only "money making" technique in POE where you have to do it 150 times to make a single exaltdivine.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the chaos recipe is torture no matter how many tools get released to make it easier, and i won't ever do it.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
yeah i mean if it ain't fun you shouldn't do it, but i find having lovely gear on saturday pretty unfun too. and it genuinely isn't any more trouble inside the map, at least until you're doing maps good enough that you'd want to carry out more than a single inventory of stuff out of the map (immediately stop doing the chaos recipe if you're still doing it, and probably also 6s/chrome 3Ls at this point. never go home just to drop stuff off.). clicking the sets out of the dump tab admittedly does suck, but it really is worth it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nah. that's what they invented pconc for. now i just get to red maps and then buy my darkscorn or whatever

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Larry Parrish posted:

nah. that's what they invented pconc for. now i just get to red maps and then buy my darkscorn or whatever

Okay, for real, using the shift key to show how serious I am, you should probably be prepared for Darkscorn to be pricey this time around, tons of Famous Internet People are showcasing or actually streaming with poison bow builds (largely because of the reworked Covenant) and god knows what the unique droprate nerf and inability to reroll %increased physical are going to do to it also. See what your build's damage is like with a thicket bow harvest reforged for t1 added chaos + crafted attack speed and make sure you're happy with doing atlas progression on that kind of damage, just in case.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reiterpallasch posted:

Okay, for real, using the shift key to show how serious I am, you should probably be prepared for Darkscorn to be pricey this time around, tons of Famous Internet People are showcasing or actually streaming with poison bow builds (largely because of the reworked Covenant) and god knows what the unique droprate nerf and inability to reroll %increased physical are going to do to it also. See what your build's damage is like with a thicket bow harvest reforged for t1 added chaos + crafted attack speed and make sure you're happy with doing atlas progression on that kind of damage, just in case.

the reason im gonna play Pathfinder is because ive done it like 5 leagues in a row or some poo poo and i know how far i can push pconc- the only reason i don't play it the entire league is because being down an inventory slot is annoying. i can do the bosses with just pconc. it does get a little hairy in red maps when you stop being able to easily scale with flask tiers though. but it's fine, since it's so gear independent until that point you can just stack tank. the clear doesn't slow down much at that point so you can just resolve yourself to bosses taking longer than normal. my plan is to basically just blast heist for money- I know a good darkscorn will be expensive as gently caress, but that's fine. they probably aren't going to be 20 divine for a min roll or some poo poo, and even if they are it just means spending longer on pconc. which I like. worst case scenario i just respec to a cheaper, less meta raider build or something. or try to scale econc, i guess, except they randomly made Pathfinder even more useless at ele damage this league for Reasons

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Reiterpallasch posted:

yeah i mean if it ain't fun you shouldn't do it, but i find having lovely gear on saturday pretty unfun too. and it genuinely isn't any more trouble inside the map, at least until you're doing maps good enough that you'd want to carry out more than a single inventory of stuff out of the map (immediately stop doing the chaos recipe if you're still doing it, and probably also 6s/chrome 3Ls at this point. never go home just to drop stuff off.). clicking the sets out of the dump tab admittedly does suck, but it really is worth it.

Chaos recipe is okay for generating raw chaos. That does not mean it's good for generating currency, as in buying power. If you need good starting gear, that's what essences are for. There is simply no world with the new atlas passives where the chaos recipe is worth the time and clicks beyond your literal first dozen maps. Literally anything else gets you 10x the currency chaos recipe does.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The chaos recipe is like the antithesis of fun to me so even if it was efficient lord knows I would never touch it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Elentor posted:

The chaos recipe is like the antithesis of fun to me so even if it was efficient lord knows I would never touch it.

its this op

clicking currency is the worst and dumbest part of this game, chaos recipe is that x10

(remind me never to play grim dawn anywhere in proximity to a poe league start again, it just amplifies my irritation with their wrist destroying design decisions)

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

InventorOfTrees posted:

this thread is a neverending broken record

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

victrix posted:

its this op

clicking currency is the worst and dumbest part of this game, chaos recipe is that x10

(remind me never to play grim dawn anywhere in proximity to a poe league start again, it just amplifies my irritation with their wrist destroying design decisions)

Specifically to annoy you, im going to do the chaos recipe a couple of times this league.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

need a pconc pob... stat!!!

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Chaos recipe is okay for generating raw chaos. That does not mean it's good for generating currency, as in buying power. If you need good starting gear, that's what essences are for. There is simply no world with the new atlas passives where the chaos recipe is worth the time and clicks beyond your literal first dozen maps. Literally anything else gets you 10x the currency chaos recipe does.

But they were talking specifically about endless heisting. If you are going to do that degenerate strategy (whose goal is to generate a bunch of raw chaos very early in the league while the buying power of chaos is high) a significant fraction of the money you make is from chaos recipe. And doing chaos recipe now that you can have quad dump tabs with affinities pulling everything that's not a rare out plus that tool to tell you what slots you are low on is pretty chill.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
even for me, chaos recipe is for buying my first 6L for greed essencing, any core uniques my build doesn't really function without, whatever 83-ish bases i need to throw into harvest reforges, and that's it. normally that's like an hour in heist, this league it'll probably be more because i'm extremely stupid and will be wanting a covenant.

e: oh, bases with okay-ish fractures and hitting em with veiled chaos are frequently a great way to get some surprisingly good pieces early

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 19, 2022

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Looking back at past leagues since Perandus, my average challenges have been 12. Notable outliers:

Harbinger 21
Expedition 1
Sentinel 3

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
I think I'm going to go with CF Glad this time around, I haven't tried it before. I was toying with the idea of SRS, but it's looking like Covenants might be a bit pricy this season, and I have to get out of this habit of getting slowed down/stuck in yellow maps due to lack of funds/luck. Not that CF Glad is a guarantee against that, of course.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sadly i have to work tomorrow

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I didn't realize you could go back through your challenge history;

I first played in beta, but then only played off and on until around the end of Delve, when I finally got fully hooked.

Sentinel - 18
Archnemesis - 26
Scourge - 27
Expedition - 24
Ultimatum - 36
Ritual - 35 (This sucked, I could have easily hit 36 but work got insane the last week of the league and I didn't get to close it out)
Heist - 24
Harvest - 36
Delirium - 36
Metamorph - 36
Blight - 15
Legion - 15
Synthesis - 10
Betrayal - 22
(This is when I started playing seriously) Delve - 15
Incursion - 0
Bestiary - 0
Abyss - 0
Harbinger - 5
Legacy - 15
Breach - 6
Essence - 0
Prophecy - 0
Perandus - 0
Talisman - 0
Flashback - 0
(First League I played since Beta) Warbands/Tempest - 0; I had some progress towards a number of challenges but didn't complete any

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I didn't read every change so I might've missed something but wardloop is still alive, right?

According to my wardloop junkie friend, asides from the CWDT damage nerf, wardloop will likely be more expensive to optimize because of the divine change. 19-20% To Dust jewels will probably be super expensive, for instance. And it's a very heavily breakpoint-oriented build, so yeah.

Elentor posted:

People who go for 40/40 tend to go for it for most leagues and fill their hideouts with trophies

I have a friend who plays this game solely for achievement hunting. He filled his hideout with a pile of trophies and now suffers significant frame drops every time he goes near his trophy pile.

Don't be this friend.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Lpzie posted:

need a pconc pob... stat!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7FW8KfRu68

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

crazed mad scientist laughter :science:

why go with one of two perfectly viable, multi-league proven builds when I can try some dudes insane spectral shield throw trickster :shepface:

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I would rather farm another oni than do the chaos recipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Here is a good starter build compilation with links to guides:

https://old.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/wrcgpt/tytykiller_tier_list_links_to_all_builds/

Text with broken links:

List credit to Tytykiller. Anything on this list is playable.

Explosive Arrow - Palsteron YouTube (Elementalist) or Zizaran YouTube (Champion)
Spectral Helix - Telvanni YouTube (Raider) or Crouching Tuna Maxroll (Champion)
Poison Concoction Occultist - Tripolar Bear Maxroll
Poison Concoction Pathfinder - Esoro YouTube (3.18) or Palsteron Maxroll
Righteous Fire Inquisitor - Pohx YouTube and Pohx Website
Eye of Winter Miner Inquisitor - Path of Matth YouTube
Explosive Trap Saboteur - Jungroan YouTube (3.18)
Seismic Bait Saboteur - Path of Matth YouTube (3.18) or Chewingnom Maxroll
Cold Dot Occultist - ShakCentral Forum
Absolution Leveling - Tytykiller YouTube
Golems Necromancer (Level Absolution) - GhazzyTv YouTube
Summon Raging Spirit Guardian (Level Absolution) - Kay Gaming YouTube
Skeleton Mages Necromancer - Tripolar Bear Maxroll
Boneshatter Slayer - Tripolar Bear YouTube or Tripolar Bear Maxroll
Lighting Arrow Deadeye - BalorMage YouTube
Kinetic Blast Corrupting Fever Gladiator - Grimro YouTube or Grimro Maxroll
Spark Inquisitor - Goratha YouTube
Shockwave Cyclone - Quin0/7 YouTube (3.18)
Venom Gyre Deadeye - KobeBlackMamba YouTube
Shield Crush Gladiator - Zizaran YouTube (3.18)

Expensive:

General Cry Blade Flurry Berserker - Path of Matth YouTube (3.17)
Maw of Mischief Elementalist - Epoch Builds YouTube or Palsteron YouTube (Pre Notes)
Lightning Strike Raider - Fuzzy Duckzy YouTube

Removed during stream:

Animate Weapon - GhazzyTV YouTube
Earthshatter Berserker - Zizaran/Quantrik YouTube (3.17)