Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I've put an insane number of hours into Isaac, second only to poe. I can see some of the influence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Hey, the first Binding of Isaac was pretty drat good. I dunno if I'd call it perfect though, since there were some broken things about it.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I don’t think Wilson wants to toot the drama horn.

It just speaks to his judgement that some dipshit kid barely out of uni demolished an industry veteran, by using good project management, and not letting any ego get to him.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah I'd keep my thoughts about Chris Roberts buried if I were in that industry.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Goddamn some of those top 3/5 artworks are absolutely gorgeous. The first Kitava one is my new desktop background now.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

nightwisher posted:

Goddamn some of those top 3/5 artworks are absolutely gorgeous. The first Kitava one is my new desktop background now.

Link

And yes, that first one is amazing.

My luck in this game, in a nutshell

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

why is he trying to six link a bramblejack

who even does that

edit why did i recognize that as a bramblejack wtf has this game done to me

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
That's clearly a wall of brambles.

If you squint it could be a lightning coil.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wall of Brambles is the funnest armor so I don't blame anyone for 6-linking it.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Link

And yes, that first one is amazing.

My luck in this game, in a nutshell

I really like this one but it's kind of a shame it won a 3rd prize for that person considering it doesn't even follow the rules of the contest.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I 6-Linked an Ashrend this league, that's gotta be close right?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Rodent convinced me to try sextant blocking and shaping on primordial pools and now i'm mad i've not tried sextant blocking/usage sooner :(

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
I -still- don't know how that works and what I need to do.
I'm always ending the league with a bunch of white and yellow sextants I never used. :(

J
Jun 10, 2001

Sextant blocking 101: There are good and bad sextant mods, generally the good ones add more monsters to your map. Maps can only be affected by the same sextant mod once. Say your favorite shaped map, I'll call this the primary map, can be reached by sextants placed on 3 other maps, or secondary maps. You want to minimize the number of sextants you have to spend on those 3 secondary maps to roll good sextant mods for your primary shaped map. So you go out further away on the atlas and look for maps you can put sextants on that will hit those 3 secondary maps but not the primary map. You want those sextant rolls to be the lovely ones. Because maps can only be affected by the same sextant mod once,those lovely rolls will then block the lovely rolls from occurring on your secondary maps. As long as you don't run any maps that are within the range of those lovely sextants on the atlas, they will just sit there forever permanently blocking for your secondary maps to roll good sextant mods easier.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I made more money selling sextants than selling poo poo I found with sextant mods

im not that big of a grinder tho

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Atziri does Storm Call and Flameblast, as well as empowered versions of those. Empowered Storm Call drops a bunch of bright yellow circles that fire after a short delay, empowered Flameblast is two circles rapidly expand and fill up almost the entire arena before popping off. Either one will one shot most characters. Not getting hit in the first place is very important when fighting her (oh, and not touching the mirror clone).

Ahh thanks, Empowered Storm Call is what was killing me.

Mr. Despair posted:

Taking out multistrike makes atziri's split phase a lot more manageable as flicker.

Swapping in lacerate isn't a bad idea if you're worried too, might be more damage than frenzy (this is what I did for my Uber lab run at least)

I'll give lacerate a try. Flickering is... not helpful when trying to avoid ground effects.

I think I did myself a disservice rolling flicker strike as my first real end-game character. Only now am I having to learn to adapt to boss mechanics, where the rest of the game I could just mash flicker and let life leech take care of the rest.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

sex blocking 101: obsess over sextant blocking and weird bullshit poe mechanics

this is the last league i shaped for a specific t10-11

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

J posted:

Sextant blocking 101: There are good and bad sextant mods, generally the good ones add more monsters to your map. Maps can only be affected by the same sextant mod once. Say your favorite shaped map, I'll call this the primary map, can be reached by sextants placed on 3 other maps, or secondary maps. You want to minimize the number of sextants you have to spend on those 3 secondary maps to roll good sextant mods for your primary shaped map. So you go out further away on the atlas and look for maps you can put sextants on that will hit those 3 secondary maps but not the primary map. You want those sextant rolls to be the lovely ones. Because maps can only be affected by the same sextant mod once,those lovely rolls will then block the lovely rolls from occurring on your secondary maps. As long as you don't run any maps that are within the range of those lovely sextants on the atlas, they will just sit there forever permanently blocking for your secondary maps to roll good sextant mods easier.

Thanks!
I'll see if I can block anything around my shaped Mesa's and figure it out.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

J posted:

Apparently for extra sperg you can go one more layer out to block bad sextants but it took me a few minutes of staring at the image to understand why

I can't really say whether blocking has been all that profitable--might even be a loss given that even apprentice sextants are about 1c--but it sure is fun getting a breach on a double beyond sextanted map :v:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 19, 2017

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

im not that big of a grinder tho

without it we wouldnt have tinder.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
I downloaded this game, and am enjoying it, but I'm getting gigantic lag spikes. I have a 125 mbps connection, and when I ping the server I get ~35ms. I've tried all the options for latency in the game. Anyone else having this issue?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Try a different gateway? :shrug:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
it could also be slow load times, i used to stutter super hard at the beginning of any instance. try using -noasync, it'll make your map load times longer but it'll force it to load assets instead of trying to do asynchronously

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

terrified of my bathroom posted:

it could also be slow load times, i used to stutter super hard at the beginning of any instance. try using -noasync, it'll make your map load times longer but it'll force it to load assets instead of trying to do asynchronously

This was actually super helpful. Thank you!

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Luminous Cow posted:

I downloaded this game, and am enjoying it, but I'm getting gigantic lag spikes. I have a 125 mbps connection, and when I ping the server I get ~35ms. I've tried all the options for latency in the game. Anyone else having this issue?

I misread this and thought you were complaining about having a 35ms ping and was really salty for a few seconds.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
I'm probably just going to keep it because it helps my build so much, but If I did want to sell this what ballpark is it in?

Not much close but widening the search on poe trade a bit gives me a vague range between 2ex and 22ex.

I replaced a diamond ring with ~100 resist to use it, which leaves me a bit undercapped on fire, but I'm more or less ignoring that since I'm using wise oak and dying sun on a pathfinder.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Wezlar posted:

I really like this one but it's kind of a shame it won a 3rd prize for that person considering it doesn't even follow the rules of the contest.
What, it's got new characters in the background. Good enough!

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

animatorZed posted:

I'm probably just going to keep it because it helps my build so much, but If I did want to sell this what ballpark is it in?

Not much close but widening the search on poe trade a bit gives me a vague range between 2ex and 22ex.

I replaced a diamond ring with ~100 resist to use it, which leaves me a bit undercapped on fire, but I'm more or less ignoring that since I'm using wise oak and dying sun on a pathfinder.

I'm fairly new so please educate me. Why the gently caress would it be worth that much. I see it has a lot of life and a WED roll, but what else does it have? The res rolls are low and I would have thought it would have served it better to have either better res rolls or damage rolls instead?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The mana and int, which gives more mana and also is good for stat reqs, are both pretty decent stats in the era of the Mind Over Meta. The resists do suck though, I definitely doubt its worth 20ex but is certainly worth a couple.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
I'm bad at item prices, hence the question. The 22ex was a similar one with 84 total resist, and also really stale so probably not that much. My existing rings were 1-2ex and I replaced one with it so that's my lower bound.

The int saved me a +30 node and a +int craft on another item and the wed was an upgrade over just crit chance and the life helped. The resists hurt and left me a bit undercapped, but that didn't end up mattering for this build.

In the absence of someone telling me lower or higher, I guess I would have put it up for 5ex and adjusted from there.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Maybe I'm stating the obvious but I've found with items like that and other slow sellers like well-rolled Ventors the final sale price ultimately depends on your patience

Like that ring will probably go for 5ex... eventually. It'll go for 2ex a lot sooner

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Rings have always been an important source of resists but I feel like there are plenty of Pathfinders this league so pure life/damage rings have a market, as do rings that only have allres or weird little bits of one res. If that had phys damage it'd be worth a lot more but I'm sure there's a buyer somewhere.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Have they posted when the new league starts yet?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

December 1

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I'm free

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Congrats, I'm about 4 levels out at this point. Feels bad.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The March Hare posted:

Congrats, I'm about 4 levels out at this point. Feels bad.

So you're about halfway there :v:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I will never make it past like 94. No matter how much I love the build.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
If 96 is half way I'm honestly thrilled. And yeah, I've never been past 94, but I want to try to fully kit out a mirror/legacy/generally best-in-slot dude on standard and so I need a guy at 100 for that project. (Also, if you're done with the league and don't care about standard I'll happily take your stuff - PM ChristopherWilson in game. I'll put your name in the credits on my stream and in the vids I do about it and also will love you forever~)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The March Hare posted:

If 96 is half way I'm honestly thrilled. And yeah, I've never been past 94, but I want to try to fully kit out a mirror/legacy/generally best-in-slot dude on standard and so I need a guy at 100 for that project. (Also, if you're done with the league and don't care about standard I'll happily take your stuff - PM ChristopherWilson in game. I'll put your name in the credits on my stream and in the vids I do about it and also will love you forever~)

It's a bout 3/4th of the way to 100 in terms of pure experience, but xp penalty starts feeling like a brick wall after you hit 96 so it's effectively a lot more than 1/4th left.