Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rutibex posted:

Pfft, GGG is not just going to leave their new skills hanging out in the wind like that. Hexblast is getting a buff, and they are going to over compensate. Once they do I'll be ahead of everyone!

Sorry to break this to you but GGG has made a point of avoiding skill rebalancing mid-league. They *do* fix a skill midleague if it's not working as intended, but number adjustments they do not do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

MMF Freeway posted:

I saw some posters saying they were gonna stick it out with BL mines. Has that been working out or have you switched to blazing salvo or something?

I leveled up as a generic caster and swapped to Akane's BL miner once I got a 5L chest. Working fine so far but I'm still far from red maps, but I'm also missing key pieces. Indigon for one, still super expensive lol.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Elentor posted:

You are right he simply told someone's impressions were "utterly 100% wrong" and that it was "ultimate power incarnate", before even doing malachai.

He only said it was good after killing malachai.
Oh no!
Anyway I had another impression from these two posts you have on that pic but l gonna defend him

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Dang the game mechanics are fun and unprohibitive!
"You want mana reserving aura with blood magic support? Fine, roll with it champ!"

You joke, but this is the basis of some of the most powerful builds out there. I'll give you a hint: this technically counts as being at low life.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Rutibex posted:

Pfft, GGG is not just going to leave their new skills hanging out in the wind like that. Hexblast is getting a buff, and they are going to over compensate. Once they do I'll be ahead of everyone!

Is part of the buff Piety yelling “kill me!” When malachai becomes invul and you have to attack her?

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rutibex posted:

:thunk:
Hundrads of hours you say.....

you're just embarrassing yourself more

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I think it's fine to tell Rutibex that he shouldn't be giving advice, and to disagree with his opinions. I don't think it's fine to tell him he shouldn't be giving his opinions.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I like heist a lot. I am looking forward to the day that I pick up something really valuable and then have a tough decision about whether to push forward or just turn right around.

Erm, on the hexblast topic, anyone running Occultist cold and got to higher levels/gear/crit investment and can tell me if the single target ever improves? Cruel Lab was a deeply unhappy experience and I'm wondering whether I should just cut my losses. The assassin storm prison discharge build looks real fun.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Maybe rutibex is wrong about everything but they’re also very enthusiastic, that’s special and we need it

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rutibex posted:

:thunk:
Hundrads of hours you say.....

lol are you bragging about afking overnight here or what cause its not like you actually know anything you literally didnt know malachai had phases and have hundreds of hours played

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Ladies and gentlemen, we have finally found our Charan.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

nightwisher posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have finally found our Charan.

So, when's the new waifu sword?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
FYI the forum has an ignore list. If you hate someone's posting so much, you can have it disappear.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I discovered recently that Wave of Conviction has 220% added damage effectiveness so I'm using it as a primary attack with archmage support and just chunking everything. It's got one problem: it's actually a cone, so if you've got three enemies right in your face you might only hit the middle one with the thin end of the wedge and leave the other two alive. The good news is that void sphere can help with this problem.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, if the patch really does make Blazing Salvo work correctly with projectile modifiers (such as fork and GMP) it's gonna go from "This is barely okay I guess" to "Absolute trash" in a real hurry. Need to decide what a viable escape route is, at least my build is extremely generic so I should be able to just swap skills if the change really craters it.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Dudes, it's fine to be bad at this game. I've done it for thousands of hours. This is a game where being absolutely dogshit garbage is an artform, it should be celebrated, not shamed.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

McFrugal posted:

I think it's fine to tell Rutibex that he shouldn't be giving advice, and to disagree with his opinions. I don't think it's fine to tell him he shouldn't be giving his opinions.

He shouldn’t be giving his opinions. They’re invariably contrarian junk backed up by zero experience, skill, or knowledge, only serving to publish another post and get his name out. Tenzarin is the same. These clowns have basically furthered an exodus of experienced players from this thread to the discord, and that sucks really hard. This isn’t a free speech issue and you’re not being a hero here.

dont @ me

In other news fireball trickster is the superior trickster. Hexblast has damage, but when it comes to damage delivery you can’t compete with vaal fireball. Hexblast also badly needs to auto target hexed targets close to your cursor instead of whichever one of the 50 mobs in the pack is closest to your mouse.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

lol are you bragging about afking overnight here or what cause its not like you actually know anything you literally didnt know malachai had phases and have hundreds of hours played

Hey now, he’s on his fourth character. Obviously we should trust him to figure out a brand new skill in a brand new league. It only makes sense.

[Wait, what do you mean most content creators have 15k hours in this game]

Ok maybe yeah let’s trust the streamers.

StoryTime posted:

Dudes, it's fine to be bad at this game. I've done it for thousands of hours. This is a game where being absolutely dogshit garbage is an artform, it should be celebrated, not shamed.

Anyone who comes in here and says “hey, I can’t get this skill to work. Anyone have any ideas?” Is absolutely celebrated.

Anyone who shows up and says “verdict is in: this skill is trash. It can’t even kill a4 Malachai” will not.

Lechtansi fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 21, 2020

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, considering I'm running my Creeping Frost character thru maps just fine with low investment I'd maybe say "let's trust just a few goons" is a better statement.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Anyone playing with the new firestorm? I love me some meteor

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah but new goons don’t know who everyone is, and since Rutibex’ schtick is to speak with authority that’s actually a bad thing. A bad start in this game can really hamper someone’s enjoyment. We have demigod winners in this thread. They don’t post with half his haughtiness.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Whats everyone best grand heist haul? For me its, 11 chaos.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
So far Heists feel like a complete waste of my time compared to just doing more maps, on top of just having some baffling design choices. Here's hoping the standard week 1/2 patch is able to undo a lot of the poo poo parts, or I can't see myself sticking around this league.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

qnqnx posted:

So, when's the new waifu sword?

I want a replica Oni-Goroshi that just berates you for being a dummy while you wield it. No material difference, just different voice lines

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Rutibex is a fine goon with some good ideas and thoughts. Don't really understand the hate.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

please knock Mom! posted:

Yeah but new goons don’t know who everyone is, and since Rutibex’ schtick is to speak with authority that’s actually a bad thing. A bad start in this game can really hamper someone’s enjoyment. We have demigod winners in this thread. They don’t post with half his haughtiness.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

boo_radley posted:

I want a replica Oni-Goroshi that just berates you for being a dummy while you wield it. No material difference, just different voice lines

gonna mod in the voice lines from the other poe2 sword over charan's

use the other horny sword instead of this horny sword

e: cause I didn't see either of them posted yet

RPZip fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Sep 21, 2020

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I got 80c for my 3 corrupted 6l chests from a single vaal side area, womp womp. Never been that vaal lucky before.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol if tenzarin thinks you're alright then you're doing something wrong

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Fister Roboto posted:

You joke, but this is the basis of some of the most powerful builds out there. I'll give you a hint: this technically counts as being at low life.

Having vendored something that gave me some wonderful and needed stats with 'at low life' modifier right before restart I am now eternally sad :(

How do I list poo poo to sell?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Son of a bitch, the fish level is reel

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Lechtansi posted:

Anyone who shows up and says “verdict is in: this skill is trash. It can’t even kill a4 Malachai” will not.

I kinda disagree with this thought. Yeah, these kinds of hot takes can get annoying if it's all those all the time, but they also drive the discussion. What I dislike is the gatekeeperism, that's a new word I just invented. I think posters should feel free to post about how they feel about the game. Spreading misinformation is unfortunate, but at the end it's a video game, no-one is going to get hurt.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

CommunityEdition posted:

Son of a bitch, the fish level is reel

Stop with the fishing lines right here

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Having sold something that gave me some wonderful and needed stats with 'at low life' modifier right before restart I am now eternally sad :(

How do I list poo poo to sell?

The easiest way is with a premium tab. You can right click the tab, set it to public, then right click an item in the tab and set it to negotiable price: 69 chaos orbs.

Also, low life builds require some very specific items, don’t be too sad.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

StoryTime posted:

I kinda disagree with this thought. Yeah, these kinds of hot takes can get annoying if it's all those all the time, but they also drive the discussion. What I dislike is the gatekeeperism, that's a new word I just invented. I think posters should feel free to post about how they feel about the game. Spreading misinformation is unfortunate, but at the end it's a video game, no-one is going to get hurt.

You are so right. People should be more open minded.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

please knock Mom! posted:

Rutibex’ schtick is to speak with authority that’s actually a bad thing.

He lost his red text sometime ago proclaiming not to listen to him. I think he got chased out of the conspiracy theory thread which is fuckin peak :laffo: just ignore Rutibex.

E: the issue isn't a semi-new player enthusiastically posting out of his league, it's Rutibex posting about anything hth

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

StoryTime posted:

Spreading misinformation is unfortunate, but at the end it's a video game, no-one is going to get hurt.

Except that's not even true. Say a new player comes in here and everyone has Rutibex and Tenzarin on ignore, they post something that no one checks except for the new player, who doesn't know better. Then if they follow their advice, their time is wasted and they probably have a bad time. They've ruined someone's enjoyment. As was iterated before if you earnestly ask a question here or in the discord, people will give you accurate responses. Those two confidently and smugly stating things that are wrong has negative consequences.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

StoryTime posted:

It’s called gatekeeping. I’d agree with you if I were railing against newbie posters in general but I’m not. It’s just Rutibex and Tenzarin, and it’s consistent. There’s plenty of discussion in this thread, and it’d be more pleasant to read without their shitposts and the page of facepalms following them.

They have a reputation for it, too. I mean, yeah, I have a reputation as well, but I don’t get emptyquoted with elentor_facepalm.jpg every week.

Rutibex and Tenzarin need a threadban. Tenzarin’s misgendering should have been their trigger, frankly.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah Tenzarin had a massive meltdown because Elentor both knows more than him and spent effort explaining with maths, something that she's very good at, why people are wrong.

His response was not to be an adult, but to meltdown over multiple pages and deliberately refer to her as a man like an actual child with full knowledge that she's a woman. He also likes to use slurs in #5555.

Tenzarin is a piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

My comments were more about the thread in general, not about any specific posters. I don't really know most of the people here, so I will drop the meta discussion altogether. Play the game! It's good!