Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Cremation only deals 4% of corpse life as damage, its irrelevant compared to the actual spell damage of the skill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
What’s a good rule of thumb to figure out a reasonable shock value for PoB?

My current avg hit on my Power Siphon wander is currently 300k plus around 50% increased shock effect from gear and tree.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
softcore raider lancing steel wrecks bosses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioXxnu-0Xac

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

whydirt posted:

What’s a good rule of thumb to figure out a reasonable shock value for PoB?

My current avg hit on my Power Siphon wander is currently 300k plus around 50% increased shock effect from gear and tree.

If all the datamined numbers involved were correct the last time I tried to figure this out it was something like 200k = 10%, 1m = 15%, 2.5m = 20% against endgame bosses. I didn't bother remembering anything higher than that. Who knows if all the arcane bullshit involved has remained the same since that time though, or if it was all accurate even then.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
For shock planning I never take it beyond "minimum shock value times shock effectiveness" and only do that if I have a guaranteed source of shock.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Why do you need all that checks notes Shock if you can do Elemental Focus and not bother at all?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Jinnigan posted:

softcore raider lancing steel wrecks bosses

im more interested in your hideout. was that celestial nebula?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Erulisse posted:

Why do you need all that checks notes Shock if you can do skitterbots and not bother at all?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Awesome! posted:

im more interested in your hideout. was that celestial nebula?

yep! https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/1110/title/Emerald%20Celestial%20Wells%20-%20Blue%20Water%20Style

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.
There's a few SSF Toxic Rain Pathfinders on poe.ninja using rings like this to support Chainbreaker:

The fire resist could be something else.

My best guess on how you make it is:
[0: scour and fertile catalyst.]
1. Harvest life reroll/pristine fossils till you get the two life mods, remove 3rd prefix if necessary.
2. Harvest reroll keeping prefixes till you hit mana regen with the ability to get 1 or 2 open suffixes.
3. Aug caster then add/remove caster as necessary to get the curse on hit (1/8 for T1 despair on hit). (With two prefixes open you could leave cast speed if you hit it, aug caster again for 1/4 odds on T1 despair then remove speed, if you have a remove speed.)
4. Craft -mana cost and if needed, aug fire/cold/lightning (probably lightning), add/remove till you are happy with the resist tier, harvest change elements if needed.

Anyone good at crafting who has a better way?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

really check them ritual windows boys

don't get complacent

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
RIP

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hawowanlawow posted:

don't get complacent

oh.....

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

don't get complacent

:(

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
For Offer: 1 Mirror, Can't Defer.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

hawowanlawow posted:

don't get complacent

You know If this happened to me I would just say it never was there but you took a picture.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Most expensive chaos orb, scour and rare necklace ever tho!

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

don't get complacent

I feel vaguely sick just seeing the screenshot :smith:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

cyrn posted:

There's a few SSF Toxic Rain Pathfinders on poe.ninja using rings like this to support Chainbreaker:

The fire resist could be something else.

My best guess on how you make it is:
[0: scour and fertile catalyst.]
1. Harvest life reroll/pristine fossils till you get the two life mods, remove 3rd prefix if necessary.
2. Harvest reroll keeping prefixes till you hit mana regen with the ability to get 1 or 2 open suffixes.
3. Aug caster then add/remove caster as necessary to get the curse on hit (1/8 for T1 despair on hit). (With two prefixes open you could leave cast speed if you hit it, aug caster again for 1/4 odds on T1 despair then remove speed, if you have a remove speed.)
4. Craft -mana cost and if needed, aug fire/cold/lightning (probably lightning), add/remove till you are happy with the resist tier, harvest change elements if needed.

Anyone good at crafting who has a better way?

I’ve made a couple similar rings and it’s fairly easy.

1. I would definitely start with uninfluenced ring.
2. Scour and alt til you get mana regen (as that’s the only thing you can’t reliably harvest) and a good life roll.
3. Regal it to rare and hope for a resist mod
4. Bench craft a temp suffix
5. Aug life which gets you life leech (to remove later)
6. Change bench craft to temp prefix
7. Hunters exalted orb, hope for correct suffix mod if not remove/add until you do
8. Remove temp prefix and aug life again which gets you life on hit.
9. Remove attack to get rid of life leech
10. Craft -mana cost

I guess step 9 is 50-50 so may be a better way

nexous fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 8, 2021

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
I got back into this league about a week ago and have farmed up a HH and another 35ex or so. Any recommendations for a "do it all" build for that price? I'm also happy to farm up some more while AFK killing harbingers in Valdo's.

e: pokchu i swear to god if you suggest general's cry blade flurry...

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 8, 2021

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hawowanlawow posted:

don't get complacent

the biggest oof

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

interrodactyl posted:

I got back into this league about a week ago and have farmed up a HH and another 35ex or so. Any recommendations for a "do it all" build for that price? I'm also happy to farm up some more while AFK killing harbingers in Valdo's.

e: pokchu i swear to god if you suggest general's cry blade flurry...

Cold BV PF is probably one of the better do-it-all builds this league. 35 ex is probably right at the "entry-level" for it, though, so you'd definitely get your money's worth if you farmed up more.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Since my earthquake gladiator is a bit slow at mapping, I've been working on a cold BV assassin for that role, and am kind of hitting a wall around t14/t15 where some encounters get a bit too dicey. Presumably this could be solved with some combination of dps/health, but I'm not sure what the next best upgrade paths for me would be, besides the one ring I'm working on. Would anyone mind looking at my PoB and making some gear suggestions? Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/FPMF8JGB

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Cold BV PF is probably one of the better do-it-all builds this league. 35 ex is probably right at the "entry-level" for it, though, so you'd definitely get your money's worth if you farmed up more.

Looked up some videos and it seems sweet, if a little difficult to get started? Any build guides worth following?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Do General's Cry "mirage warriors" trigger things as if I was hitting? Like if I socket them with Vigilant Stirke and I have The Vigil equipped, will they give vigilance to everyone in the party?

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

hawowanlawow posted:

don't get complacent

Even knowing I quit for the league and all my currency going to standard soon, which is in practice exactly the same thing as this happening, it still feels so :gonk:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

So, I'm assuming the reflected damage from the totems can't ignite. That'd cause an infinite loop wouldn't it?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

Do General's Cry "mirage warriors" trigger things as if I was hitting? Like if I socket them with Vigilant Stirke and I have The Vigil equipped, will they give vigilance to everyone in the party?

Yes.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

interrodactyl posted:

Looked up some videos and it seems sweet, if a little difficult to get started? Any build guides worth following?

This is the best one I'm aware of https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2905010

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Thanks, that opens up a lot of interesting BS.

Followup question because I'm fairly new to poison:

If Viper Strike's poison duration is 23.97 seconds, does that mean I have to wail on the same one moron for 24 seconds straight in order to reach the "Total DPS Inc. Poison" figure on the left?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

If Viper Strike's poison duration is 23.97 seconds, does that mean I have to wail on the same one moron for 24 seconds straight in order to reach the "Total DPS Inc. Poison" figure on the left?

Yes!

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Zero VGS posted:

There's no limit to poison stacks, so your actual dps is attacks per second * poison dps * # of seconds spent hitting target, with a limit of 23.97 for the time variable.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Poison is one of the mechanics with the biggest gaps between paper and reality if you don't take duration into account. For any fight where it matters, you aren't going to get many chances to spend 10+ uninterrupted seconds applying poisons. It's helpful to not chase too much poison duration, and get a whole lot of 'inflicts damage % faster' modifiers instead. Around 8-10 second duration is a good balance between upfront dps and lingering effect.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah, to echo this: on Sirus 8 or 9, you will have approximately 4 to 5 seconds as a DPS window for poisons. Typically when he does EVERLASTING FIRE. For Shaper you get a lot more time, for Uber Elder or Maven it depends on what's going on at the time. For trash it's completely irrelevant.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Another dumb question, watching videos of people doing 100% Delerium maps, is that a show-off thing or do they reward more **over time** than lower amounts of delirious when accounting for the exponential enemy health?

Is it worth it to spend 13 minutes in a map like that instead of toning it down a little? I guess in some ways it's less zoomy than most speed-mapping since you're holding a button down the entire time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfi2PQDqqIA

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I personally am not a fan of doing 100% maps. The health boost going from 80% to 100% is exponentially more and even when you've got gently caress-you level DPS and a Headhunter it still takes awhile to clear. You do get more reward stacks, sure, but I would rather take 5-7 minutes clearing an 80% than 13-15 clearing a 100%.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Vasudus posted:

I personally am not a fan of doing 100% maps. The health boost going from 80% to 100% is exponentially more and even when you've got gently caress-you level DPS and a Headhunter it still takes awhile to clear. You do get more reward stacks, sure, but I would rather take 5-7 minutes clearing an 80% than 13-15 clearing a 100%.

ok glad it wasn't my imagination, people say you "always" get your return on investment when juicing maps but that one just didn't add up to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

ok glad it wasn't my imagination, people say you "always" get your return on investment when juicing maps but that one just didn't add up to me.

Well I mean you do, a 100% map does give more than an 80% map. It's a question of what your personal tolerance is for chasing optimization of a single event vs. running more events over the same time period. I'm firmly in the 'gently caress it, good enough' camp when it comes to juicing things. So I run more maps at slightly lower delirium, spending more over time on things like scarabs, sextants, and rolling the maps themselves on the hope of getting a drop in the wild (i.e. not directly tied to delirium threshold rewards) that brings me back up to parity and beyond.