Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://poedb.tw/us/achi.php?c=Ultimatum

Challenges seem a bit rough this time, lots of dumb conditionals and doing every single one from a long list of rng

Complete the final wave of an Ultimatum encounter While affected by Impotence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

quote:

Defeat The Trialmaster after collecting currency from all summoned shrines.

Citizen, pick up those alchemy shards!

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Anyone think this is a good way to league start trade? I usually buy stuff but don't sell. I'd like to try selling at league start and this seems like a pretty good strategy. I don't want to micro manage my sales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfEFYs5HlRs

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

That's basically what I do every league, but with more price checking because I can't help myself

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 16, 2021

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I still wouldn't suggest doing the chaos recipe unless you really like it.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

oh yeah, I never do the chaos recipe, just the rotating tab thing he talks about

From reddit, here's some of the new veiled (not crafted) mods that have been datamined so far:

quote:

- A lot of unveiled focus mods now grant 5-8% focus cooldown recovery (boots/rings/gloves/helmet)
- New mod: 31-35% focus cooldown recovery on boots
- Min frenzy/endurance/power charge on rings/amulets now also grants a 3-4% chance to gain the charge on kill
- Unveiled trigger craft on weapons still has a 4s cooldown
- Conversion on gloves now goes to 30-35% converted
- +aoe/projectile levels on gloves/helmets now gives +2 levels
- Onslaught/movement speed on boots now rolls up to 30% movespeed
- Chance to avoid ailments on chests rolls to 35-45% chance to avoid ailments when unveiled

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

xZAOx posted:

Is there anything to make the resurrect buttons but immediately clickable? I googled but didn't find anything.

I'm often clicking frantically during a boss, die, then accidently click to town because the button popped up underneath my cursor.

Sometimes before a boss I might die on I open a portal just before entering the arena. That way if I accidentally click go to town then there will be a portal back to near the boss.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
re: atlas progression
To progress maven and atlas more or less simultaneously, balormage atlas guide fits a wee bit better than the reddit leapfrog guide.
https://balormage.com/atlas-guide/

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

I was thinking about last league, and I had a ton of fun playing Detonate elementalist.

But to be totally truthful, the big explosion isn't really what sold me, it was the huge ignite ticks. But even more abstractly it wasn't that it was ignite specifically, but the fact that it was a huge DoT. I thought it was really cool to just watch a health bar melt away while I just sort of hung around.

What are some cool DoT builds? I know Divine Ire is the obvious Big Hotness and I'm willing to give it a shot, but I'd like to hear what else is available. I know ED/C is a great league starter, but I've never actually heard of anyone going far with it, it's always just been considered a start. Is it like, endgame-doable?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Here's some datamined modifiers of a key Ultimatum mechanic, Reddit is probably going to be real tilted about it:

Seems like a good argument for dodge and evade builds this league, assuming the Ruin application doesn't go through dodge and/or evade

a lot of the other modifiers look really gnarly too

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Vincent Valentine posted:

I was thinking about last league, and I had a ton of fun playing Detonate elementalist.

But to be totally truthful, the big explosion isn't really what sold me, it was the huge ignite ticks. But even more abstractly it wasn't that it was ignite specifically, but the fact that it was a huge DoT. I thought it was really cool to just watch a health bar melt away while I just sort of hung around.

What are some cool DoT builds? I know Divine Ire is the obvious Big Hotness and I'm willing to give it a shot, but I'd like to hear what else is available. I know ED/C is a great league starter, but I've never actually heard of anyone going far with it, it's always just been considered a start. Is it like, endgame-doable?

Armageddon Brand ignite works

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Burning arrow ignite is also powerful.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Could be datamining jank, but I think they forgot to make the crit multi essence non-global on quivers, also the frenzy generation craft still appears to be global. Quivers still fine for non-dot I guess.

Jean Eric Burn fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Apr 16, 2021

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Vincent Valentine posted:

Arma brand/flamewall elementalist, Vaal fireball/flamewall elementalist, Cold DoT trickster/occultist, cold slinger elementalist are all good. ED/C is sure end game viable.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How would one get decent aoe on a bladestorm bleed glad . That’s the only thing I havent figured out yet in a quick think through

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

euphronius posted:

How would one get decent aoe on a bladestorm bleed glad . That’s the only thing I havent figured out yet in a quick think through

Bleed explosions?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I remember someone posting someone's list of "best starter builds" for last season and found a toxic rain ranger build or something that I had a lot of fun with. I'm still fairly new (this is only my 3rd or 4th season) and I was wondering if there was another starter build list or something similar for this season?

I don't really know enough to see if builds are viable by looking at them unless I really dig through replies

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Arzachel posted:

Bleed explosions?

They don’t chain.

I guess pulverize is the only thing . drat

Also the bleed pop is small if you have aoe

euphronius fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Apr 16, 2021

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Wilekat posted:

Has there been much talk about that dumb shield with all the keystones in the preview? Obviously there's a keystone on there that's new, but it's a really wacky set of modifiers.

code:
20% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield.
All Damage taken bypasses Energy Shield
Lose 5% of Energy Shield per second
Energy Shield starts at zero
Cannot Recharge or Regenerate Energy Shield
Life Leech effects Recover Energy Shield instead while on Full Life
***When you reach full Energy Shield, Sacrifice all Energy Shield to gain +5% to all Maximum Resistances for 4 seconds***

50% of Elemental Damage taken as Chaos Damage
+5% to maximum Chaos Resistance

Energy Shield Recharge instead applies to Life
Life Leech effects are not removed at Full Life
Life Leeched per Second is doubled
Maximum total Recovery per second from Life Leech is doubled
50% less maximum Total Recovery per Second from Life Leech

Life Regeneration has no effect.
So what you have is an Energy Shield that does nothing at all unless you use Eldritch Battery, a desire for as much chaos resistance as you can get, a life pool that recharges like Energy Shield and a hunger for life leech.

I'm super curious what the final keystone adds to this, because it sounds loving awful.

Revisiting this now that the last keystone has been datamined. This is a bananas amount of tank as long as you're leeching enough to max out your ES (life) every 4 seconds, but I dunno if it's actually worth using at the cost of normal shield stats.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Burning arrow ignite is also powerful.

yeah i'm going to try doing this build for this league

hopefully getting the gear isn't too rough.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Goons, I am torn. Does anyone have some experience with these builds

Chieftain AoF Staff Cyclone
Chieftain AoF BB/BF
Raider TR ( Zizz's build he made recently)

Not big on re rolling late yellow/early red maps if possible.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

chief BF/BB was really good, tanky as hell, but without explody chest i think it kinda falls out of a build id want to do again.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I remember someone posting someone's list of "best starter builds" for last season and found a toxic rain ranger build or something that I had a lot of fun with. I'm still fairly new (this is only my 3rd or 4th season) and I was wondering if there was another starter build list or something similar for this season?

I don't really know enough to see if builds are viable by looking at them unless I really dig through replies

Zizaran is doing in-depth starter build guides on his youtube channel, Mathil should have his starter build video up soon-ish as well, if you don't mind less of a guide and more of a blueprint. There's more content if you're looking for a specific build but those two cover a good amount.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Flavahbeast posted:

That's basically what I do every league, but with more price checking because I can't help myself

It's low effort and "works", but if this league is anything like last league, don't actually expect to get super rich unless you're really nice and near the front of the pack. 95% of stuff you toss in there still isn't going to sell. And that's with good loot filters, so general it's just by item base what few rares show up.

I make most of my currency from vendoring the final tab, and changing that currency into real currency. Then selling the few "this is obviously good" drops from bosses or special currency. But most of the rares you pick up along the way? By day 2 almost no one is buying any of it.

I still recommend doing it, but your typical player isn't going to be in the content he's in to get as much success as he does, is all.

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1383105852937183236

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Awfully rude of Lowtax Jeffery to do forum maintenance today, smdh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ve decided on :

Berserker Vaal ground slam ???

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like this guy’s vids, been using his guides the past three leagues or so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLEWbOwexHs

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

How do y'all feel about esoro's guides? He is the only person I've seen who competes with zizaran in the amount of work put into his POBs and videos, with leveling trees and itemization and whatnot. I have used a couple so far, and haven't found anything wrong with them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

From Reddit on mathils chieftain cyclone (which owns)

[–]death_baller 36 points 2 hours ago
So, I played his Cyclone Staff Chieftain build and I got some tips and tricks to whoever wants to start with it this league:
- What he says about killing everything with just a Hegemony’s Era and lovely gear is 100% true, even if you are not good at the game you can clear red maps relatively easily. Totems help a lot with the damage and you have decent survivability and leech. As you progress, you don’t really need totems for clear at all, only really needing to use them vs bosses (but then you kinda have to use them because they essentially double your DPS).
- The survivability from his original build is not ideal, so there were some tweaks by other players to get to a more acceptable level. Mainly what was used was Steelskin and Enduring Cry, sometimes both at the same time, which helped a lot (Mathil actually adds Steelskin in his endgame gear after dropping Fortify). My personal workaround was trying to stack armor on my gear and put a Molten Shell with the CWDT support, as I could get a lot of extra armor with Lion’s Roar, together with an Enduring Cry as soon as I could drop Fortify gem.
- Fortify weapon mod on a Judgement Staff and high damage output was very expensive when I checked, so I opted to buy a Large Cluster Jewel with the Overlord notable and get pure damage on the Staff instead, which was cheaper and still had the same effect. You can also try to get a Power Charge on Crit mod later, which is also expensive as hell but if you’re going for an Elder mod might as well be this one instead.
- Also about skills, after you start to get starved on Passive Points and you already have Avatar of Fire up, you can safely drop Magmatic Strikes, as they are redundant on Phys to Fire Conversion and you can get similar damage from other Cluster Jewel nodes (for example, the ones that go with Overlord on the Large Cluster).
- Try to get Elreon’s channeling cost mods on rings as soon as you possibly can. The sooner you get them, the sooner you can drop Clarity aura to get a better aura for your character.
- Probably my first item priorities would be a Helmet enchant (the Ancient Protector one everyone uses) and Elreon rings. Then a 6L chest with T1 life and T1 crit chance. Only then I’d start replacing Hege’s.
Anyway, the build is amazing and I hope anyone who starts is enjoys it as much as I did.

The best way to get the Elder staff with fortify is imho make it yourself which will take a few x for the base and then a few ex for alterations and beast crafts.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 16, 2021

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
I haven't had much time to look at builds. I kind of want to go Elementalist, since last league I went with something experimental and this league I just want something mindless and reliable. What are my options as an Elementalist? I've heard Armageddon Brand, Vortex, Righteous Fire, and Divine Ire.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

You can already get full conversion to fire without aof and taking it prevents using other damage such as conversion to lighting which is on the tree. Atziri flask also

Im looking for the final 10% on my league starter "mathils fire cyclone chieftain" (50 from ascendancy, 2x20 from tree near marauder) so where do i get it?
The scripture above on the other hand rather says get AoF and drop the 40% from magmatic, which then rules out unholy might and atziri-bottle

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Jay Rust posted:

I like this guy’s vids, been using his guides the past three leagues or so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLEWbOwexHs

I agree, I've used Big Ducks for my league starter for the last two leagues and they've been great. I've decided to go with his Mines build because I've always wanted to do a Mines run.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Im looking for the final 10% on my league starter chieftain (50 from ascendancy, 2x20 from tree near marauder) so where do i get it?

Bench craft on gloves or an affix on ... I can’t remember what kind of gloves . I think temple

Though alternatively as mentioned in the post I quoted above you can take 40% off the tree an take AOF and use those saved points somewhere else

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
navandis also do some nice detailed guides. I'm still pretty noob to be able to measure how good they are, but I had a good time with some of his builds this league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ7I8ZtIPsE

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Bench craft on gloves or an affix on ... I can’t remember what kind of gloves . I think temple

Though alternatively as mentioned in the post I quoted above you can take 40% off the tree an take AOF and use those saved points somewhere else

AH, thought so.
Guess ill just go for AoF quickly and see what i do for finetuning once i hit red maps and reroll a blood toon before any cash comes rolling in, as usual.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Elementalist uniques may be ridiculously expensive to start if they matters to you

Who knows.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

AH, thought so.
Guess ill just go for AoF quickly and see what i do for finetuning once i hit red maps and reroll a blood toon before any cash comes rolling in, as usual.

Atziri flask is so good and cheap (free) it’s hard for me not to use.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

euphronius posted:

They don’t chain.

I guess pulverize is the only thing . drat

Also the bleed pop is small if you have aoe

Bleed explosions shouldn't behave any differently than they ever did. They've never been able to chain in the sense that the explosions never could cause bleeding. If you've got an entire pack bleeding with your own hits, which is usually the case, one dies -> explodes -> kills another, that next one is still going to explode because it was bleeding and you killed it. No changes there. Also don't use pulverize because it doesn't scale ailment damage.

If you're intent on running bladestorm you'll probably just want to switch to sand stance for pack clearing. The blood aoe being smallish and stationary will not feel good. Downside is the dps loss but generally you only need a fraction of your damage to clear packs once everything is online. Same way that a single lacerate swipe ends up being sufficient. Some increased aoe does feel nice regardless of which bleed skill you're running. Early on about all you can get is the splitting strikes cluster, maybe amplify and you can eventually get a bit more from glove crafts and warlord rings. It's never a lot but 30-40% is noticeable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.
After looking at a few guides I've decided on Purifying Flame Mines Saboteur as my starter. It looks like it should do well with ultimatum: pre-loading damage and doing lots of aoe, as well as being fairly tanky. Also purifying flame effect looks pretty :shobon: . Guide is here if anyone else is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0kne5HmUmA

So guess I'm also jumping on the Tremor Rod train.