Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Despair posted:

In what world is spending 723 chromes about equal to spending 402 chromes (on average).

I guess theres lots of calcs out there.

The one i used said average cost for 3r on 5 sockets with a 144dex base is 120 to 116 to 124 for 3r - 2r - spam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I guess theres lots of calcs out there.

The one i used said average cost for 3r on 5 sockets with a 144dex base is 120 to 116 to 124 for 3r - 2r - spam.
Generally people care about what the other socket colors are.

3R/5 != 3R2G/5 != 3R1G1B/5

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
If it wasnt my broke as gently caress league starter toon id prolly care too,
right now im struggling to get a 4link with 3r1g running :ohdear:

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Beaten by lurksion. Fill in your other colours. 3R1G1B is 2R1B by about 25%, 3R2G is about 151-155 with 2R or 1R, but spam is 240 and 3R is 168. Basically, 2R is best given deviation and cost per attempt.

Edit - for 5L, unless you neeeeed a specific base unique, buy things pre-linked and pre-coloured.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Yolomon Wayne posted:

If it wasnt my broke as gently caress league starter toon id prolly care too,
right now im struggling to get a 4link with 3r1g running :ohdear:
If only a 4L, why aren't you using another piece of gear that may be easier to color?

Get a cheap 1c AR/EV glove or helmet and have at it with like 10 chrom.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Or open up guild stash and grab a 5l for free (rip if you're not in the guild I suppose).

5l's in general are 1c or so though by this point so no reason not to be using one in a trade league.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

lurksion posted:

If only a 4L, why aren't you using another piece of gear that may be easier to color?

Get a cheap 1c AR/EV glove or helmet and have at it with like 10 chrom.

I thought about that, but in turn my chest would basically run no gems at all then.
I dont really run anything that needs any amount of green sockets, so all i could do was level gmps or something like that.

My cwdt is all red, leap slam is 3 red, warchief is 3 red, everything is loving red with meatballs, and then your BiS chest is pure green.

On the other hand, it adds a little flavour to the grind, and makes success all the sweeter.
If i dont rip before that, ofc.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I thought about that, but in turn my chest would basically run no gems at all then.
I dont really run anything that needs any amount of green sockets, so all i could do was level gmps or something like that.

My cwdt is all red, leap slam is 3 red, warchief is 3 red, everything is loving red with meatballs, and then your BiS chest is pure green.

On the other hand, it adds a little flavour to the grind, and makes success all the sweeter.
If i dont rip before that, ofc.

Leap Slam shouldn't be 3 red. Faster Attacks is green.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

McFrugal posted:

I miss when Leap Slam used to work with Multistrike, Super Mario build lol

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

McFrugal posted:

I used to have blood magic and fortify in there, if not in a 3link 1hand.

Anyways, i 6d vorici with prophecies off poe.trade, bought 3 red and got 3r 1b 1g, so i consider this a resounding success.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Just tried uber elder twice and I gotta say, that's the sorta poo poo that makes me want to just sell off all my RF JUGG gear and never do endgame bosses again.

e. I got way further on my nga cycloner but dodging the nonstop stream of bullshit from shaper as cyclone fuckign sucked.

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Mar 24, 2018

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
What's with the hate for linking your own stuff? I can't even remember the time I bought a 6L, either from vorici or trade

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

pokchu posted:

What's with the hate for linking your own stuff? I can't even remember the time I bought a 6L, either from vorici or trade

AFAIK, it typically takes hundreds of fusings to 6L something, which you could have spent actually buying a 6L from someone. It's especially silly in this league since the rare-splitting recipe copies sockets/links, so there's tons of 6L crafting bases out there for super-cheap.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

pokchu posted:

yep i always try to link myself. hitting the 6l is one of the best feelings in the game for me

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I have like 1500 hours and I've never linked anything myself. I don't know if I ever will.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I tried once, and it didn't go well. Never again.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I've done it once and it was at the very end of a 3 week league and I only started fusing because I had just picked up a 6S on instinct and figured I might as well blow through my 30-ish Fusings...it took less than 10. Don't think I've ever been so angry at getting an achievement.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

pokchu posted:

According to the big man himself, hitting 6 links has about 0.1% chance / fuse.
That works out as about 1k fuses / 6 link, which at the usual rate of 2/1 chaos is 500 chaos which depending on the market exchange is 8-12 exalts.

A white 6link is 30c or something, then chaos spam a bit until you hit 80+ life and 1-2 resists in their 30s and there you go.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

pork never goes bad posted:

I have like 1500 hours and I've never linked anything myself. I don't know if I ever will.

I got a 6l in...4 or 5 fusings? However, it was a Whispering Ice so....yeah. Only 6l ever.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
The first league I ever played I spent ~2300 fusings and never got a 6L. Needless to say I just bought a 6L next league. Still used ~800 fusings I accumulated to try and 6L a chest for sale and got nothing. Since then though I've had more luck than not. 6L with fusings in <1000 in three of the last four leagues, once in ~300 and this time around it took me about 800. Of which I used like 780 to get nothing on my first build and then immediately 6L a Belly for my second.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Last league and this it took me 200-300 to 6L my first body armour. Though last league the disfavor and starforge took 1200-1400 each

In the phoenix fight what's the fire bomb debuff? I thought I had two debuffs already in the fight but didn't get the encounters V thing. Didn't mouse over to see what they were though, and I don't have a second map at the moment.

Just missing that and the shaper thing to finish that challenge

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
It's applied to you while he's charging his explosion, so kill him while he's doing that.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

dyzzy posted:

It's applied to you while he's charging his explosion, so kill him while he's doing that.

Ah thanks

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Has anybody tried Indigon with a zerphi's pp pathfinder? With the fevered mind jewels you would already be set up for it. Would Indigon scale things to crazy levels like I think it should?

If I had a spare 30 exalt or so I would try the setup myself.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Filthy Monkey posted:

Has anybody tried Indigon with a zerphi's pp pathfinder? With the fevered mind jewels you would already be set up for it. Would Indigon scale things to crazy levels like I think it should?

Yes, and yes.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

They way Volatile Dead orbs spread out to multiple targets makes Atziri split phase... interesting.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Qwertycoatl posted:

They way Volatile Dead orbs spread out to multiple targets makes Atziri split phase... interesting.

Not if you're an Ele-Slayer Ascendant :q:

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Mr. Despair posted:

Yes, and yes.
I haven't tried it, but my hunch is that it would pretty much be the most broken thing ever. I wonder how much indigons with the vd enchant go for. Probably all the monies. Is it even necessary?

I would buy an Indigon to play with if I wasn't out for a robotics competition this weekend.

Lprsti99 posted:

Not if you're an Ele-Slayer Ascendant :q:
Yup, I am doing ele/slayer now myself. Experimenting with a second herald now too, which also helps with getting shocks for the elementalist minimum 10% bonus.

For my links, I am using.

Frenzy/gmp/CoH/assassin
Cwdt/IC/bloodrage/flamedash
Anger/HeraldOfAsh/HeraldOfThunder/enlighten3

An assassins mark shaper ring would help a lot. I could then replace the coh/assassin with flame dash and arcane surge, and put a golem in the old flame dash spot.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 24, 2018

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Filthy Monkey posted:

I brought this up earlier, PP doesn't work with Indigon because it requires you to actually spend mana. Zerphi's runs off mana cost, not mana spent, so it works with PP.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

McFrugal posted:

I brought this up earlier, PP doesn't work with Indigon because it requires you to actually spend mana. Zerphi's runs off mana cost, not mana spent, so it works with PP.
Couldn't you scale frenzy cost?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Filthy Monkey posted:

For my links, I am using.

Frenzy/gmp/CoH/assassin
Cwdt/IC/bloodrage/flamedash
Anger/HeraldOfAsh/HeraldOfThunder/enlighten3

An assassins mark shaper ring would help a lot. I could then replace the coh/assassin with flame dash and arcane surge, and put a golem in the old flame dash spot.

How are you running two Herald's and Anger? Isn't that 100% mana reserved which would prevent your CWDT stuff from working at all?

A somewhat related question (PP/VD) - If I wanted to find a Watcher's Eye with the life leech from fire damage when affected by Anger, how in the hell would I search for it? I can only get the first 100 results for Watcher's Eye to come up on PoE Trade or the official site Trade, and none of those first 100 have that particular effect. I can't figure out how to filter it to show just that one, as it's not in the list of filters on either site and I don't see a way to enter a custom text filter searching for 'anger'.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

The Locator posted:

How are you running two Herald's and Anger? Isn't that 100% mana reserved which would prevent your CWDT stuff from working at all?

A somewhat related question (PP/VD) - If I wanted to find a Watcher's Eye with the life leech from fire damage when affected by Anger, how in the hell would I search for it? I can only get the first 100 results for Watcher's Eye to come up on PoE Trade or the official site Trade, and none of those first 100 have that particular effect. I can't figure out how to filter it to show just that one, as it's not in the list of filters on either site and I don't see a way to enter a custom text filter searching for 'anger'.

Here's the mod you're looking for:

http://poe.trade/search/omaubumebanoyo

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

The Locator posted:

Triggered skills cost no mana.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Thanks, I scrolled through and yet missed that somehow! Looks like I won't be getting one of those anytime soon.. drat.. pricey!

whypick1 posted:

Well drat... That's a good tidbit I didn't know. Thanks!

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

The Locator posted:

whypick1 posted:

In addition to this they have Enlighten level 3 linked to their Heralds and Anger, so all 3 reserve a total of 92% of their mana, which is why they can use Frenzy.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Lprsti99 posted:

In addition to this they have Enlighten level 3 linked to their Heralds and Anger, so all 3 reserve a total of 92% of their mana, which is why they can use Frenzy.

Ah, I missed that completely. Thanks.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

whypick1 posted:

I know Lightpoacher got nerfed, but is it still viable? Had a 2 socket version drop on my first Lich fight, which is infinitely more 2 socket (not lovely-belt) Abyss uniques than I got last league :smith:

I've been spending time in Path of Building working on this. I think the answer is yes. You'll want a 1 socket one though so you can support it with 3 jewels. (Chain/Faster Projectiles/Whatever but I've been using Greater Multiple Projectiles in my Path of Building)

https://pastebin.com/tmVzx0Ac my Deadeye version. I've considered fitting a mjolnir and/or righteous fire into the build (probably with trickster).

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 25, 2018

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

lurksion posted:

Couldn't you scale frenzy cost?

You could, but Frenzy's base cost is stuck at 10. Spells are way better for Indigon because high level spells cost more mana. Level 20 fireball costs 26 mana, for example.
It's likely possible to get a decent amount of damage out of it even so, but I wonder if the boost would be worth giving up your auras?

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 25, 2018

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

McFrugal posted:

You could, but Frenzy's base cost is stuck at 10. Spells are way better for Indigon because high level spells cost more mana. Level 20 fireball costs 26 mana, for example.
It's likely possible to get a decent amount of damage out of it even so, but I wonder if the boost would be worth giving up your auras?

Quill rain ea is also good for spending obscene amounts of mana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
You could look into using Doedre's Malevolence, it adds 50 mana to your skill costs. I believe this is total mana cost though, so it won't be multiplied by mana cost multipliers, but it's still a nice chunk of extra mana usage.

Edit: and fevered mind jewels of course