Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

J
Jun 10, 2001

nerox posted:

OhFunny's Brain: Chaos can be exchanged for goods and services.

OhFunny: Whoo-hoo!

SSF btw :troll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Qwertycoatl posted:

Keepers of the Trove bloodline mod.

Thanks. Man, there is just SO MUCH STUFF in this game. I'd never seen that come up before.

(also :rip: that it rolled quivers of all things, I've literally never seen a good one drop, and Neversink baits me into thinking they're worth picking up.)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I got a level 55 chain shirt with armor + energy shield thing. It has 4+2 blue slots. What are the chances of rolling 6 links on these things with an orb of fusing? Should I just keep grinding hoping I get a 6L and forget about it?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Truga posted:

I got a level 55 chain shirt with armor + energy shield thing. It has 4+2 blue slots. What are the chances of rolling 6 links on these things with an orb of fusing? Should I just keep grinding hoping I get a 6L and forget about it?

About 1 in 1200

If you can't afford to buy a 6 link you are generally better off farming a tabula

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is emperor of purity a better / easier farm if you know you will just need red and blue sockets ?

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

euphronius posted:

Is emperor of purity a better / easier farm if you know you will just need red and blue sockets ?

Generally the costs go like:

0c:
Whatever the hell drops

15-30c:
Tabula
alch/chaos emperor of purity
6L corrupted w/ life or something moderately useful
5L unique (if part of build and can use the 5l prophecy)

50c+:
+lvls Corrupted tabula

4-9ex:
6L unique

Big boy bux:
6L crafted rares
6l corrupted uniques with great implicits

That's after the rush of the first week of league where everything is inflated.

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
Thanks for the advice on the BV Elementalist, now pretty comfortably clearing yellow maps. I'm finding the constantly charging up playstyle a little clunky though, so I was thinking of playing an Ele Hit character while the skill is still busted.

If I sell some things I'll be able to afford all the equipment except 6-links and Xoph's blood; given that what's the best character to go with, Ascendant or Raider?

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

euphronius posted:

IMO farming tabula cards is pretty much the most reliable way to "quickly" farm a 6-link. The card drops relatively reliably compared to most other cards and spending a few hours grinding in Blood Aqueduct to get the full set of cards is not a complete waste of time because it is pretty efficient experience wise and then you can over-level the content through the rest of act 9 /10.

If you're on SSF then farming the Emperor of Purity possibly has some value, but if you're on trade league and really want this as your chest, I reckon you're probably better off running low / mid tier maps on a 4- or 5-link and then buying cards as they pop up. I wouldn't want to sit in the non-map zones where they drop for the length of time it would likely take to farm the full set and I think you would come out in front both experience and currency wise if you farmed low maps and then bought the cards rather than farmed the cards themselves. I've never really farmed Emperor of Purity, but my gut-feel is that it drops significantly less frequently than what Humility does.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

ThermosAquaticus posted:

Thanks for the advice on the BV Elementalist, now pretty comfortably clearing yellow maps. I'm finding the constantly charging up playstyle a little clunky though, so I was thinking of playing an Ele Hit character while the skill is still busted.

If I sell some things I'll be able to afford all the equipment except 6-links and Xoph's blood; given that what's the best character to go with, Ascendant or Raider?

Make sure you're only bothering to run around with 2 or 3 stacks, you shouldn't need a full ten to clear even t16 map trash. Should just need to tap the bv button occasionally.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lamentable dustman posted:

About 1 in 1200

If you can't afford to buy a 6 link you are generally better off farming a tabula

Yikes.

Ehh, I keep getting poo poo with 6 slots now that I'm high enough level, eventually something will drop with 5 or 6 linked slots. I'm very much not struggling yet, apparently I stumbled into the best witch build (spamming arc everywhere) lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Arc is completely bonkers atm.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Truga posted:

Yikes.

Ehh, I keep getting poo poo with 6 slots now that I'm high enough level, eventually something will drop with 5 or 6 linked slots. I'm very much not struggling yet, apparently I stumbled into the best witch build (spamming arc everywhere) lol

Yeah.... I've got a couple thousand hours in this game and have had 2 non-Tabula 6Ls drop ever.

You can still get pretty fast with a 5L, and Jeweler's Touch prophecies aren't that expensive.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Truga posted:

Yikes.

I swear that picking up and selling 6 slots remains my most consistent source of currency through out a league. I would not try and do anything with a 6 slot item unless I was doing it for the base; but they're great vendor trash.

It's pretty much only worthwhile trying to 6-link uniques or really really really good rares. It's much cheaper to buy a non-corrupted 6-link and then essence/alch-scour spam or chaos spam it until you get something usable.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Running areas where corrupted items drop really ramps up the chance of 6ls dropping (granted they are corrupted so they are likely to be garbage) - I had quite a few drop this league standing in corruption tempests in the Temple.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Truga posted:

Yikes.

Once you get to maps 6 sockets will drop a poo poo ton (if you play a bit you can easily earn an exalt worth of wealth from vendering them every 2 or 3 days). Pick them up and vender them because they sell for 7 jewelers orbs. Those can either be used, sold for other currency, or vendered 1-to-4 for fusing.

e: math wise 1 and around 300 chests should drop 6 socketed once you reach maps. Dropped 6 links are really rare because only 1 in 1500 of those 1 in 300 chests will roll already linked.

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 16, 2018

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
most builds don't even benefit that much going from a 5 to 6 link, it's usually 25 to 30% more damage which isn't that much compared to the 6-8ex cost you'll typically be paying. if you're one of the few builds that requires all 6 for a qol upgrade or massive power spike just buy a tabula and wait until you can buy a 6l prophecy/pre-6linked off someone. trying to get a good 6link to drop or rolling one yourself is a fools errand

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does arc totems or arc traps even need 6l to farm red maps.

I know cyclone builds def do not.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

No

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

If you don't necessarily need a unique 6l chest or a godly rare, white 6ls that are a couple tiers lower than the bestest have fallen in price every league and this league were stupidly cheap. I had a 6L on every character and I don't think I paid more than 40ish chaos for a base. Budget another 20 chaos or a few essences and scours to roll something "decentish" (like 70 life, one decent res, maybe another lowish res), or 50ish chaos and/or a couple dozen essences to get something pretty good.

I remember the first couple of leagues you couldn't buy a decent white 5l chest for under like 50-60c. Lots of deflation, apparently.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

nerox posted:

OhFunny: Aw, 20 Chaos, but I wanted an Alchemy.

OhFunny's Brain: 20 Chaos can buy many Alchemy.

OhFunny: Explain how.

OhFunny's Brain: Chaos can be exchanged for goods and services.

OhFunny: Whoo-hoo!

Oh. Right.

I forgot you can trade things in PoE :v:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

finally we will have some nice boot options for spectres beyond loving bones

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Awesome! posted:

Its about time.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198110 channeled... bow skill? :allears:

Edit: that looks amazing. I can't wait to figure out how to really get that thing poppin'

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
extremely annoyed that the not-roman dodecahedron does not actually let you socket twelve things

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Scourge arrow looks loving cool! gently caress!

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
They are really going all in on the pathfinder being nature/poison damage. They said that they are gonna rework pathfinder, I wonder if its going to become a poison ascendancy?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm operating on the assumption that they're going to nerf Ehit so I'm currently planning on starting as that new chaos rain of arrows thing, probably a champion but maybe traps instead so sab.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I'm planning on flicker strike til patch notes

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I'm planning an infinite immortal call build using Kitiva's Thirst possibly Disintegrator.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Keru posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198110 channeled... bow skill? :allears:

Edit: that looks amazing. I can't wait to figure out how to really get that thing poppin'

Hell ya I'll play that

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Lechtansi posted:

They are really going all in on the pathfinder being nature/poison damage. They said that they are gonna rework pathfinder, I wonder if its going to become a poison ascendancy?

Personally, I'm kinda hoping on a chaos/poison rework, kind of like an Attack counterpart to the Occultist chaos nodes

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Keru posted:

That looks like it really wants a Less Duration support gem. Also a lot of attack speed to charge up fast.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Awesome! posted:

Hmm, looks like a "more X mods" doesn't actually guarantee getting one, unless stun and block recovery is a lightning mod for some reason

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Qwertycoatl posted:

Hmm, looks like a "more X mods" doesn't actually guarantee getting one, unless stun and block recovery is a lightning mod for some reason

Or that boots don't have that mod (tho if its pulling from unique mods it should have flat lightning from wake of destruction?). Alternatively it can't override prefix/suffix limit and flat damage is usually prefix and it has 3 prefixes (MS/ES/Stun +Block).

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Keru posted:

Map mods with monster speed might be pretty bad with that though. Just the delay on arc totems gets me hit a lot, and it's faster than that by far. Of course smart people will figure out a way to make it awesome with stuff like reduced duration or something.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Kild posted:

Or that boots don't have that mod (tho if its pulling from unique mods it should have flat lightning from wake of destruction?). Alternatively it can't override prefix/suffix limit and flat damage is usually prefix and it has 3 prefixes (MS/ES/Stun +Block).

But you'd think lightning resist would be a lightning mod.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

regulargonzalez posted:

You'd think that but GGG probably didnt lol

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

regulargonzalez posted:

regulargonzalez posted:

They did, they showed an example that got a lightning mod from a crafting result. I'm guessing either it's not 100% guaranteed, or the item didn't have enough room on it.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

The Locator posted:

Map mods with monster speed might be pretty bad with that though. Just the delay on arc totems gets me hit a lot, and it's faster than that by far. Of course smart people will figure out a way to make it awesome with stuff like reduced duration or something.

bosses with slams will also be a problem, this isn't Blade Flurry where you get instant dps and fast movement skills

you know right now this feels all so meh :/ and might be the first league in years where I wont play, at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

That new channeled bow skill looks pretty bad. No instant damage so you are sitting around for a second to fire. Backend damage is also delayed. The nova shooting pods will have to be scaled with +projectiles, +projectile speed, and -duration and the channeling part will need +attack speed just to make the skill feel good. None of that helps with the damage which is already kind of odd because you will need to scale your chaos damage as it is.

Maybe the chaos and poison damage changes will help but poison is traditionally scaled by having a poo poo ton of them stacked which this skill will suck at.