Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

Any fun magma orb scion shenanigans for not a ton of money?

While not MO, this is a fun and cheap scion build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094148

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Is Granite/Basalt the go-to defensive flask?

I ran with the Sunder Champion build that Rodent linked in a POB around league start, and right now I'm looking like this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mystadon/characters?characterName=AnotherSunderBro

Was running Health Flasks in 1 and 2 for a while but decided to drop one for a defensive last night, and went with a Jade flask since the build does have some evasion to it. I considered buying a Rumi's but I wanted something I could roll a useful immunity on, and decided against it.

Also I debated running Herald of Ash+Purity for damage, at the expense of dropping Arctic Armour. The DPS was quite good but I felt pretty squishy, but last I tried that was before I got my Loreweave...

I'd love any feedback on where I could improve, this is as high as I've ever taken Sunder.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Tenkaris posted:

Is Granite/Basalt the go-to defensive flask?

I ran with the Sunder Champion build that Rodent linked in a POB around league start, and right now I'm looking like this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mystadon/characters?characterName=AnotherSunderBro

Was running Health Flasks in 1 and 2 for a while but decided to drop one for a defensive last night, and went with a Jade flask since the build does have some evasion to it. I considered buying a Rumi's but I wanted something I could roll a useful immunity on, and decided against it.

I'm actually a big fan of running a Stibnite flask even on characters that have no or minimal evasion. The blind cloud gives a flat 50% chance to miss. I noticed you are running a jewel that has chance to blind so it might not be as useful as a Jade Flask but it's probably worth considering.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Stibnite also gives you 100% uptime for whatever suffix you put on it. I recommend warding so you can ignore all curses.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Polka_Rapper posted:

I'm actually a big fan of running a Stibnite flask even on characters that have no or minimal evasion. The blind cloud gives a flat 50% chance to miss. I noticed you are running a jewel that has chance to blind so it might not be as useful as a Jade Flask but it's probably worth considering.

Yeah I considered that as well, since Sunder benefits from being stationary standing in a cloud/consecrated ground can be decent.

Right now I'm running my Pantheon as Arakali w/ Arachnoxia to boost regen with CWDT+Blood Rage+Immortal Call but I don't have a ton of regen so may be better off filling out Solaris/Lunaris?

And my minor is currently Ryslatha mostly for the boost in emergency health flask usage... I have plenty of Vessels and have been meaning to fill out the bonuses on these things so I can swap around to suit different situations.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Well, I haven't paid attention to POE in a hot minute and now there is an aoe semi flickerstrike skill? gently caress me, I guess I'm joining midleague.

Any dece builds for (pref duelist especially champ) Consecrated Path that are cheap and tanky? I wanna burning teleport at fools and not die ever.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Getting down to depth 450. The only thing that frightens me are Vaal Champions. Their 2h elemental hit does absolutely loving stupid damage with some mods on. Died twice yesterday to them, in a crit/pen side area and then again in a damage/extra fire/global speed area.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Tenkaris posted:

Yeah I considered that as well, since Sunder benefits from being stationary standing in a cloud/consecrated ground can be decent.

Right now I'm running my Pantheon as Arakali w/ Arachnoxia to boost regen with CWDT+Blood Rage+Immortal Call but I don't have a ton of regen so may be better off filling out Solaris/Lunaris?

And my minor is currently Ryslatha mostly for the boost in emergency health flask usage... I have plenty of Vessels and have been meaning to fill out the bonuses on these things so I can swap around to suit different situations.

Arakali/Arachnoxia also boosts your life leech rate and I believe non-insta health flasks so it's very nice even if you don't have good base regen. Also why are you running 3 CWDT setups? I think you'd be better off running 1 CWDT setup and linking damage gems to your Vaal Double Strike (Chance to bleed + Melee Phys Damage + Maim) and throw in Vaal Ancestral Warchief somewhere. Consider also ditching Vaal Double Strike and running a linked up Vaal Warchief that thing owns. If you're too lazy to keep summoning golems I guess you can keep the CWDT linked to it, but I personally have just ditched golems entirely as I'd rather use gem slots on the stuff I just mentioned.

Also I'd probably run something else other than Faster Attacks in your main 6 link, either Conc effect if you have the Intelligence, Hypothermia, or Maim IMO.

vandiar fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 16, 2018

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

vandiar posted:

Arakali/Arachnoxia also boosts your life leech rate and I believe non-insta health flasks so it's very nice even if you don't have good base regen. Also why are you running 3 CWDT setups? I think you'd be better off running 1 CWDT setup and linking damage gems to your Vaal Double Strike (Chance to bleed + Melee Phys Damage + Maim) and throw in Vaal Ancestral Warchief somewhere. Consider also ditching Vaal Double Strike and running a linked up Vaal Warchief that thing owns. If you're too lazy to keep summoning golems I guess you can keep the CWDT linked to it, but I personally have just ditched golems entirely as I'd rather use gem slots on the stuff I just mentioned.

Also I'd probably run something else other than Faster Attacks in your main 6 link, either Conc effect if you have the Intelligence, Hypothermia, or Maim IMO.

I know 3 CWDT is much but the POB was pretty barebones so I just improvised some stuff, and the Soul Taker+Full mana reservation made CWDT the easiest way to keep running a golem and add in a curse, and having them separate lets me set different levels for them based on stat requirements, but I could just throw the golem in the duration slot... Only have 2 sockets on the tombfist too so I wasn't sure what else to do in there.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Papercut posted:

Holy poo poo MS Jugg is fun.

What's the priority on purchases? I have around 30ex sitting around so I could easily afford +3 MS hat + 6L Loreweave, should those be my top priorities?

the hat is really QOL more than anything.

i'd say the most notable upgrades are, in this order
- a 6l
- xoph's
- 6l loreweave (80% res)
- 2 abyssal socket tombfist
- good abyssal jewels and an abysal belt
- +3 MS devoto/starkonja (whatever's cheaper)
- 23% or level 21 gems
- fancy crafting (-% fire res hat with MS enchant, reduced mana reservation shield instead of the unique, etc.)

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Thanks!

What about leech rings?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You also want to get a LGoH Vitality Watcher's Eye at some point. It's extremely, extremely good.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

How much longer do you guys think the league will go for? I stopped playing for a couple weeks. Trying to figure out if I should come back now or just wait for the new league start

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

LeninVS posted:

How much longer do you guys think the league will go for? I stopped playing for a couple weeks. Trying to figure out if I should come back now or just wait for the new league start

Think it’s at least got another month to six weeks to go. They’ve said they’re not doing Races or Flashbacks.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

LeninVS posted:

First week of december is the next big update.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Grimoire posted:

Well, I haven't paid attention to POE in a hot minute and now there is an aoe semi flickerstrike skill? gently caress me, I guess I'm joining midleague.

Any dece builds for (pref duelist especially champ) Consecrated Path that are cheap and tanky? I wanna burning teleport at fools and not die ever.

Mathil's Consecrated Path Elementalist was super memey and had one hand tied behind its back. I made a Pathfinder version and it's one of the tankiest characters I've ever played. I'm sure a Champion could work but I don't have a guide to recommend and you might have to modify it yourself.

Hopefully Voidforges are affordable again.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Vasudus posted:

You also want to get a LGoH Vitality Watcher's Eye at some point. It's extremely, extremely good.

when i did it i used 2 lgoh elder rings and a gain phys as extra fire with anger eye

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

George posted:

Mathil's Consecrated Path Elementalist was super memey and had one hand tied behind its back. I made a Pathfinder version and it's one of the tankiest characters I've ever played. I'm sure a Champion could work but I don't have a guide to recommend and you might have to modify it yourself.

What makes Pathfinder tanky, specifically?

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

What makes Pathfinder tanky, specifically?

Pathfinders get permanent flask uptime and additional flask effect, so you can get your elemental max resists extremely high. Stacking them with purity auras lets you get to 95%-97% fairly easily, even 100% with the right setup. And since one of those flasks will be taste of hate, you also get 30% Phys mitigation on top of that. As well as potentially 120% movespeed from an alchemist's quicksilver of adrenaline.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Awesome! posted:

when i did it i used 2 lgoh elder rings and a gain phys as extra fire with anger eye

That's what it looks like all of the top poe.ninja builds are doing.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I should have specified that I'm Nebuloch MS Jugg. Which means Kaom's Ways for rings, thus the Eye is needed.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

George posted:

Thanks. Ended up biting the bullet and commiting to a chief build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201938

Fire leech, endurance charge on burn kill, and 100% fire w no need for AoF. Pretty drat hard to argue with that.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Papercut posted:

That's what it looks like all of the top poe.ninja builds are doing.

yep! I didn't bother with a watcher's eye because I was hoping to get one to drop, and am spending all my currency in random stuff like slamming gems and buying vaal orbs to do vaal + zana modded maps for the challenge. It was still enough to have uber elder on farm, with just 30 lgoh from rings.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

George posted:

Can I take a look at your character? I'd like to make a concecratec path build for my last league dude

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1052315702210650112

I'm all about that extra grass burning action.

In all seriousness, I wonder if that Ancestral Call change they say has no effect will actually have an effect.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Tenkaris posted:

IDK what it is about Journeyman's Sextants, I can put a small number in a tab and set a price on them and I get people asking for wayyyy more than I have in the tab?

I do other sextants and currency orbs without it really happening but I put ONE journeyman's in a public tab and it's suddenly

I thought doing it via public tabs was the best way to avoid this because people can see your available inventory??

This is a really old post, but it's related to how poe.trade parses items. Basically what a lot of people do, because they don't want to make their currency tab public, is have their like 2000 fusings sitting in their currency tab, and put a single fusing in another price tab just to have a price for the item show up. Since usually when people do this, it doesn't mean they only have 1 of the currency, poe.trade assumes the seller has an arbitrary quantity. Basically, you can't sell only a single one of a currency and have poe.trade show your quantity.

Currency tab can go either way because making your currency tab public usually won't do anything annoying, but it's a big deal for fragment, essence, and map tabs. If you make the whole tab public only intending to sell one type of thing, you could get people constantly spamming lowball offers on maps/essences/mortal frags/whatever.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Hit 97, which beats my previous record by 3 levels. It's going to take roughly 20 hours of actual xp earning to get to 98 and uh...I don't think I have it in me. Maybe.

I think I'm going to make a dex-stacking cold damage Scion, because I miss shatters. Probably Rain of Arrows + Scourge Arrow. Except the unique jewels total out to like 16ex and that's not counting anything else. Total cost for a budget version is somewhere around 40ex.

I also just don't want to use a goddamn Inpulsas, Kaoms, or Loreweave anymore this league.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Congrats. I'm a bad who keeps dying and will never make it past 92, so 97 is pretty drat impressive to me

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Artificial Idiocy posted:

Pathfinders get permanent flask uptime and additional flask effect, so you can get your elemental max resists extremely high. Stacking them with purity auras lets you get to 95%-97% fairly easily, even 100% with the right setup. And since one of those flasks will be taste of hate, you also get 30% Phys mitigation on top of that. As well as potentially 120% movespeed from an alchemist's quicksilver of adrenaline.

Oh yeah, Taste of Hate. Forgot about that one.

Speaking of which - does "increased effect of flasks" apply to all the bonuses provided by Taste of Hate? Including the max cold res % and the % of phys damage taken as cold?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

quote:

Fixed a bug where many Bloodline modifiers were unable to generate in the Azurite Mine.

I wonder if this is why those horrible lightning warp packs were so common in bloodline delves, maybe other bloodlines were blocked from spawning (or maybe mobs would just spawn without a bloodline and now the bloodline mod will be even more dangerous?)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

Oh yeah, Taste of Hate. Forgot about that one.

Speaking of which - does "increased effect of flasks" apply to all the bonuses provided by Taste of Hate? Including the max cold res % and the % of phys damage taken as cold?

It applies to anything that's a numeric value. So it buffs "physical damage taken as cold" from taste of hate, but not onslaught from silver flask (because it's a yes/no 'you have onslaught')

George
Nov 27, 2004

BobbyK posted:

Can I take a look at your character? I'd like to make a concecratec path build for my last league dude

I'm phoneposting but you can look at my previous posts, I even set up a PoB link.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

whypick1 posted:

In all seriousness, I wonder if that Ancestral Call change they say has no effect will actually have an effect.

It sounds like it's purely a tool tip change.

George
Nov 27, 2004

Vulpes posted:

It sounds like it's purely a tool tip change.

I'm worried it might have an effect on my tooltip DPS.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I hit 36/40 (never saw an aul) finally so I think I'm done. Elehit is effective but I wish I'd picked a more fun build to grind end game with.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

dyzzy posted:

I hit 36/40 (never saw an aul) finally so I think I'm done. Elehit is effective but I wish I'd picked a more fun build to grind end game with.

Which 4 did you skip?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Delve Monsters III, Delve Boss III, Complete These Maps, End Game Grinds

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
I started playing this on the weekend, and I'm severely overleveled from the mining. Playing as a necromancer, I cleared act 3 at level 40 with my minions chewing up every boss in just a few seconds. Maybe I should try a new character and skip the mine to enjoy a bit of challenge? The mine is.. ok, but nothing in it has really wowed me, except for a Harbinger enemy which it seems I can find elsewhere?

George
Nov 27, 2004

Just finish the story and you'll find plenty of challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Mordecai posted:

I started playing this on the weekend, and I'm severely overleveled from the mining. Playing as a necromancer, I cleared act 3 at level 40 with my minions chewing up every boss in just a few seconds. Maybe I should try a new character and skip the mine to enjoy a bit of challenge? The mine is.. ok, but nothing in it has really wowed me, except for a Harbinger enemy which it seems I can find elsewhere?

Complete acts 1-10 then go mining.