Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Char
Jan 5, 2013

hawowanlawow posted:

weird flex but ok

There's no way I'm pushing more than 4 buttons in an arpg nowadays.
When I was younger I could tolerate 5. Werebear, Heart of Wolverine, Summon Grizzly, Maul and Shockwave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
What white gear are people using chance orbs on these days, for the super unlikely chance of getting a really good unique?

Just realised I have 300+ of the things, but it's hardly worth the trade spam for ~20 chaos.

Last time I played I remember Skyforth being hot poo poo (and loot filter going crazy on white sorcerer boots), but they're <1 exalt now.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

xiansi posted:

What white gear are people using chance orbs on these days, for the super unlikely chance of getting a really good unique?

Just realised I have 300+ of the things, but it's hardly worth the trade spam for ~20 chaos.

Last time I played I remember Skyforth being hot poo poo (and loot filter going crazy on white sorcerer boots), but they're <1 exalt now.

If you just want the gamble, use them on Sadist Garb for the super unlikely shot at an inpulsa. If you want to get the most money out of your chances just turn them into scours at the town vendor.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Captain Foo posted:

mainskill on rmb

This is a great way to get carpal tunnel imo. I always bind my main skill to Q.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Got the cloak. Looks drat good.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Vulpes posted:

This is a great way to get carpal tunnel imo. I always bind my main skill to Q.

lol what

half the time you can just hold it down

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Vulpes posted:

This is a great way to get carpal tunnel imo.

That just means your main skill sucks

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Whirling blades on e, reave lmb, blade flurry rmb, mouse4 to stand still

Don’t @ me

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Please at least spoiler NSFW content.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

TheRat posted:

Nah, it's all about muscle memory. 4 flask is very easy to get used to. 5 takes a bit more effort though

my technique is: most commonly used flask on 3 (usually quicksilver), then i mash 1245 for any other situation. adjust as needed for flask needs

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

flasks on 1, 2, 3, 4 and space bar. one quick motion to hit all 5 at once. really not that difficult.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Is running shaper actually lucrative much? I usually just drop a character once I've killed shaper so I've not done it enough to get a feel for it, but I've been hanging around on this character and built up a few sets.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
As the league goes on it gets less and less lucrative. Dying Sun is an exalt, Solstice Vigil is ~90c, Starforge is ~35c, Voidwalkers and Shaper's Touch are a chaos.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Deformed Church posted:

Is running shaper actually lucrative much? I usually just drop a character once I've killed shaper so I've not done it enough to get a feel for it, but I've been hanging around on this character and built up a few sets.

It costs around 50 chaos to run shaper so up to you if you want to gamble or cash in.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

They should just make flasks be like a passive or remove them entirely since 105% of the gaming population macros it

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

They should just make flasks be like a passive or remove them entirely since 105% of the gaming population macros it

104.9999999999999%

I don't macro it.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

They should change it regardless of the number of people that macro it, but clearly GGG wants “which parts of the ToS are actually enforced” to be one of the bits of otherwise useless knowledge that new players need to acquire to make sense of this game.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
A flask overhaul would be amazing but I personally don't see it happening.

But I also said that about masters so the gently caress do I know.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

given the new veiled mods for belts I don't see that happening

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

There should be an animation when you use a flask, like UOs pot animation.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

flasks are definitely not a problem, you whiners

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

I'd bet that not only do a large majority not macro flasks, they don't use flasks routinely at all.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Yeah you're probably right, actually.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vanadium posted:

I'd bet that not only do a large majority not macro flasks, they don't use flasks routinely at all.

This is almost certainly correct. This thread has a weird hard-on for projecting their flask macros onto the wider player base.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
I remember to use my flasks when I open un-IDed strongboxes and at basically no other time.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Attorney at Funk posted:

I remember to use my flasks when I open un-IDed strongboxes and at basically no other time.

I panic spam them when I see the green portal of a gank squad rock up.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I, for one, don't like to cheat at my clicky games.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

DontMockMySmock posted:

I, for one, don't like to cheat at my clicky games.

Flasks aren't cheating, they're in the game to help even after you get to maps.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I use flasks, of course; I was referring to flask macros.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Are people going for rivalry or trusted syndicate set ups? Thinking about changing my board to get full rivalry.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Vanadium posted:

Hi it's me.

My flask setup is usually two life flasks, a mana flask if the character needs it, 1-2 "damage" flasks (sulphur/silver/diamond depending on build), and a quicksilver. I hit 123 when an orb gets low and 4 when there's a tough enemy. I only ever use the quicksilver on strongboxes or essence monsters.

I basically don't bother with defensive flasks because I know I'd be too slow to notice that I'm in a situation where I should use one. Better to just kill everything first. I've also probably done about three red maps across my 600-hour PoE career, so :shrug:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Tai posted:

Are people going for rivalry or trusted syndicate set ups? Thinking about changing my board to get full rivalry.

I switched to rivalry and it's dramatically better. The nice thing is that having all the trust setup already isn't a waste, since I think you need trust in order for the betray option to give you rivalry. Or at least it's a lot more common that way.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Why bother with a macro when a fierce open palm slam on the numrow does the same job?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

StoryTime posted:

Why bother with a macro when a fierce open palm slam on the numrow does the same job?

i use my flasks by slapping my enormous cock across the keyboard

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Look at this guy just running 2 flasks

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I hooked up a DDR pad and mapped it to my flasks

DawnOfMinstrel
Jun 27, 2013
I'm left-handed, so I usually move most of the keys in any game to the buttons near the enter key.

The way I have my goals set up right now is the two flasks I use most are under my thumb and pinky and the the others are near my main skill, so I can just quickly press them if needed.

Works nice since I'm basically just holding down my main skill all the time (Phys cyclone raider), so I just rock hand side to side to activate the two most important ones.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Flasks are for inflating your damage numbers in Path of Building.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 20, 2019

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I basically don't bother with defensive flasks because I know I'd be too slow to notice that I'm in a situation where I should use one.

The correct situation to punch all your offensive and defensive flask buttons is "i am about to engage the enemy." You don't have to react quickly, you should be proactive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odinninn
Nov 5, 2012
I'm thinking about getting some stash tabs, which ones do you folks recommend?