Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Mr. Despair posted:

The general trick is to just go on poe.trade and look for items with similar stats, or the popular "ask someone else to do it for you" method.

Fair enough. I punched in the ranges on mine on poe.trade and found a similar one with 30 less cold resist for 10 exalted, but that was the only one. I'll tinker with it when I get home from work I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Mr. Despair posted:

"ask someone else to do it for you" method.

Original content do not steal plz.

I made a skelly mages build that is insane. I'll do a write up of it later today.

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

Awesome! posted:

i have seen invites going out over the last few days. people are starting to get bored and drop off.

posting your character name is a good idea though

If there's yet space, please invite CreepyGreenLight

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

I don't know much about selling items, if I wanted to sell that Ventors how would I go about figuring out what it's worth?

use a divine to get those rolls slightly higher

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

use a divine to get those rolls slightly higher

You're a bad person

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lprsti99 posted:

You're a bad person

the joke will be on me when he rolls it perfect and collects his 100 mirrors from ventor

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

the joke will be on me when he rolls it perfect and collects his 100 mirrors from ventor
I wonder how many mirrors even exist in Harbinger at this point.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Azran posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/_AXARCA_/characters

Alright, after taking your itemization and skill suggestions into account, I've come to this. What else can I improve? I've got 20 chaos orbs IIRC. Should I dump this and make a new build or is it still salvageable.

(The character I'm taking about is ElAvion, btw)

seems good? now grind maps until you can 5l and then 6l that poo poo :getin:

btw im not a great fan of the two skills thing you got going on, I would focus on ST with that 5l and swap out GMP for slower projectiles for bosses

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I just started mapping with my Tornado Shot Mines deadeye and the clear speed is great and bosses drop quick but boy is it a glass cannon. Having 0 hp/resist in both rings is rough.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Zana has the sexiest voice. I think I'm in love.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

enraged_camel posted:

Old Zana was better. It was some bizarre eastern euro / kiwi hybrid thing.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

enraged_camel posted:

This is a Tora household, young man or woman :colbert:

Vasudus posted:

It was a real accent, I think from one of the Balkan countries or some poo poo?

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014

Vasudus posted:

This is how she used to sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njwJ9FLn7Jo

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I prefer the new one since this sounds just like a local barista who majored in English.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
I got this game because I loved partying with others in Diablo III and seeing all the insane poo poo people come up with and the massive particle effects.

This game is great but I'm a social player. Once maps get repetitive the only interesting content is other people.

However, I probably ask at the beginning, middle, and end of each play session if anyone wants to group or do maps or whatever. No one has ever responded.

In general public parties are at least as bad as any game I have ever seen. They are rude, no one types, no one drops ports when you ask, and god forbid you can't move 100% as fast as someone on their 19th time through the game with 500c of twinked gear.

Goons have been great about helping with gear, advice, throwing some maps in the stash, etc. I have to assume there's some real detriment to grouping or some way in which the mechanics discourage it.

Is this the way it is, is it due to us being early in a league, am I just behind the curve (I'm 75 and trying to get my T6-T7 maps) or what? I can clear fast but chaos resistant bosses are a real issue and I wind up dying 5-6 times and lose everything I've worked for and more. I don't mind dying but having to earn the same bar of xp six times suuuuucks.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Bring back the old ranger VO :smith:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Araganzar posted:

I got this game because I loved partying with others in Diablo III and seeing all the insane poo poo people come up with and the massive particle effects.

This game is great but I'm a social player. Once maps get repetitive the only interesting content is other people.

However, I probably ask at the beginning, middle, and end of each play session if anyone wants to group or do maps or whatever. No one has ever responded.

In general public parties are at least as bad as any game I have ever seen. They are rude, no one types, no one drops ports when you ask, and god forbid you can't move 100% as fast as someone on their 19th time through the game with 500c of twinked gear.

Goons have been great about helping with gear, advice, throwing some maps in the stash, etc. I have to assume there's some real detriment to grouping or some way in which the mechanics discourage it.

Is this the way it is, is it due to us being early in a league, am I just behind the curve (I'm 75 and trying to get my T6-T7 maps) or what? I can clear fast but chaos resistant bosses are a real issue and I wind up dying 5-6 times and lose everything I've worked for and more. I don't mind dying but having to earn the same bar of xp six times suuuuucks.

A real easy way to get parties is to play a support/buffing build and then mention that liberally when asking to party.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
If you die more than once to a thing then don't do thing

Don't group with pubs

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Araganzar posted:

I do this too, with no responses. I'm always game to level with someone else, especially a Goon, rather than soloing content. I'm in the sub-prime Goon guild for overflow I guess, and I've only ever chatted with a goon once in guild chat; no one else has ever responded. Which is ok, I would just like more goons to level with since I'm new.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Araganzar posted:

You're definitely behind the curve, we're "late" enough into the league. Either way, catching up won't change much. The game has few incentives for partying, and most social experiences come from guild/friends/chatting.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 23, 2017

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Araganzar posted:

There's no actual penalties for partying, though each player only adds 50% more loot drops so you'll get less per person per map (which is not really a penalty if you're friends and sharing loot that's valuable to eachother). The real reason people don't party together in the goon guild is we're all antisocial fucks, and most of the people in the guild who do party play with their friends from outside the guild.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Count Uvula posted:

There's no actual penalties for partying, though each player only adds 50% more loot drops so you'll get less per person per map (which is not really a penalty if you're friends and sharing loot that's valuable to eachother). The real reason people don't party together in the goon guild is we're all antisocial fucks, and most of the people in the guild who do party play with their friends from outside the guild.

to add onto this there are builds that are detrimental to being in a party with someone else(EE, fighting over who does what curse). Or they slow down the other person because your build isn't powerful enough to overcome the increased hp of mobs/bosses. And the fact this is a loot game most people don't want to take the chance the exalt that drops goes to the other player. They really need to incentivize partying more besides "lol necro". I think it would definitely help burn out.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

OK, thoughts on my berserker, TowerOfPowerr?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/enraged_camel/characters

I'm currently progressing rather comfortably through maps (T4-T5) but I feel like most of my secondary skills are suboptimal. I haven't really bothered with proper linking (I don't want to trade, and I don't want to waste orbs since my current gear is mid-level at best), but maybe there are some low-hanging fruits I'm missing?

More specific questions:

- What support gems can I use with Dedication?
- Can war cries be triggered? I find it insanely tedious to have to cast them constantly.
- Are there any other defensive triggerrable gems I can use?
- How do I get chaos resistance? It seems there are very few passives that give it, and I haven't seen much of it on gear either aside from amethyst rings.
- What ascendancy skills should I go for next? I thought about Aspect of Carnage but taking 10% more damage seems a bit risky. Is the 40% damage increase additive or multiplicative?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

to add onto this there are builds that are detrimental to being in a party with someone else(EE, fighting over who does what curse). Or they slow down the other person because your build isn't powerful enough to overcome the increased hp of mobs/bosses. And the fact this is a loot game most people don't want to take the chance the exalt that drops goes to the other player. They really need to incentivize partying more besides "lol necro". I think it would definitely help burn out.

My totally helpful anecdotal evidence suggests that whenever I party with a friend, my best drops become augment orbs and every loving other thing that drops goes to them.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Araganzar posted:

Well I'm in the goon B-Squad guild and I think I've seen maybe 3 people talk, and that was wishing we had a guild stash. If you see me on whisper me. I'd be down to party.

IGN: ScreamSticks

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

What might be a good sixth link for cyclone? Right now I've got melee phys, added fire, faster attacks and chance to bleed. I've liquidated a bunch of garbage so I'm ready to upgrade to a 6L and I'm not really sure what to add. I'm not actually sure about bleed either so if there's a better option I'm all ears - the added phys damage is kind of nice and it's got neat synergy with the Kondo's Pride I'm using right now but there's probably more I can squeeze out of that slot, particularly since I assume there's probably better options than Kondo's even with that buff.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

enraged_camel posted:

- What support gems can I use with Dedication? Determination? You generally don't want supports on your auras because that's a bunch of extra mana getting eaten up for little gain
- Can war cries be triggered? I find it insanely tedious to have to cast them constantly. No, they removed that a while ago because everyone was using CwDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call for constant (physical) invincibility
- Are there any other defensive triggerrable gems I can use? That setup above, but replace Enduring Cry with Increased Duration
- How do I get chaos resistance? It seems there are very few passives that give it, and I haven't seen much of it on gear either aside from amethyst rings. Gear, really. It's not the most common of affixes.
- What ascendancy skills should I go for next? I thought about Aspect of Carnage but taking 10% more damage seems a bit risky. Is the 40% damage increase additive or multiplicative? You have it backwards. It's 10% increased (additive) damage for 40% more (multiplicative) damage. Also, Cloaked in Savagery. Like, now.

As for your gear, for the love of Kitava please look into trading. It takes surprisingly little to go from "my gear is total poo poo" to "oh hey, my resists are capped and I have at least 4Ls on everything".

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 23, 2017

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I like Atziri's Promise for early-mid mapping before you can afford the really good flasks because it's a pretty decent chunk of damage/leech and shores up chaos resists pretty well

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

So CwDT - Increased Duration - Immortal Call?

I don't think I have any way of generating endurance charges currently.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
As for social gaming, I detest people. This goes double for people who aren't me.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

enraged_camel posted:

You don't actually need endurance charges to cast IC, it will still provide a .5 second invuln

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

enraged_camel posted:

The main point of cwdt-dur-call is to prevent getting blapped by a ton of trash hits all landing at once. It does that just fine without endurance charges.

Are you the one I gave the Apex set to?

E: also post your build, people will give you good advice.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
Is it better to run countless maps or run certain areas for Div card drops? What I'm looking at is Pride Before the Fall

Thanks!

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

The duration increase with Endurance Charges on Immortal Call is nice but not necessary.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

The limited portals, lack of instanced loot, curse limit, Keystones such as EE, increased visual confusion, increased health of mobs ruining breakpoints for many skills etc. all kinda contribute to the only group content done being rare unique maps and Daily Master Missions.

Many many popular builds just straight up become less fun to play with a group. Anything that revolves around the spreading mechanic. My wander misses breakpoints on HoI chains and can then have trouble keeping/getting Power Charges going.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

If I have a 4L (all red), what fourth gem can I use with Immortal Call, on top of Increased Duration and CwDT? Any other support gems?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

If I have a 4L (all red), what fourth gem can I use with Immortal Call, on top of Increased Duration and CwDT? Any other support gems?

Put a molten shell in there. Increased Armour and slight damage prevention.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Cerepol posted:

Put a molten shell in there. Increased Armour and slight damage prevention.

So CwDT can trigger more than one skill? Cool

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

whypick1 posted:

As for your gear, for the love of Kitava please look into trading. It takes surprisingly little to go from "my gear is total poo poo" to "oh hey, my resists are capped and I have at least 4Ls on everything".

I think the hardest part is knowing what to look for. I am using Engineering Eternity's videos about Items and gave me a way better idea of what to aim for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Alternatively, if it's a strength item (thus isn't going to be a pain to get three red sockets), you can reroll it to, for example, 3R1B and stick a Vaal Lightning Trap in there, it's almost always good.

E: Oh, or just a Decoy totem. Not because of the duration, but because Decoy Totem is goddamn amazing and just needs a free red socket.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 23, 2017