Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

remember
Nov 23, 2006

TheRat posted:

If you're a noob you should absolutely get into the guild. If you want an invite I just need your current character name

Could I get an invite to the guild? Current character name is Rememberbow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remember
Nov 23, 2006
New to the game, I just hit Act 10 doing Mathil's Vaal double strike champion. Act 10 is kind of kicking my rear end but I could probably force myself through it. Do I just force it or should I buy some gear or just farm blood aqueducts. I'm currently level 66.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Cinara posted:

Flashback is the ideal time to play Zerphi's VD Poet's Pens Pathfinder! The flask will be a couple chaos because it's a very common drop from Perandus zones, and the rest of the gear isn't too expensive.

How would I level this for league start?

remember
Nov 23, 2006
It seems that the time spent farming would erase any gain you would get from the items. Especially since these items likely won't help you beyond leveling.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

ThermosAquaticus posted:

Can anyone help me with my BV Elementalist? I'm feeling a bit squishy in white maps.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TopsideChimera/characters/BVChimera

You're missing the cast when damage taken, immortal call, increased duration and warlord's mark 4 link. Starkonja's should be cheapish and should give you a lot better survivability.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/08/23/path-of-exile-review-2018

Is this review entirely lolworthy or is this how a new player still sees the game. It's been so long I can't remember.

I followed a build guide and it probably took me 20ish hours to run through the campaign, and I found the later acts to be really tough to get through. If someone went in blind I can see that totally being his experience.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Elswyyr posted:

Have any of the big streamer men/theorycrafters opined on builds for deep delves? I wanna try going something that isn't a super clearspeed build, but I'm unsure what's gonna be good. Maybe summoners?

Seems like a lot of them are planning to do Caustic Arrow but I'm not sure if that's to start and build up currency or to actually delve with.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

ThePineapple posted:

Trying to figure out a good starter for Delve. It's only my second league - in Incursion I did a ST slayer, PP LW/Arc elementalist, then a tri-herald BV in flashback, so I want to stay away from Slayer and elementalist. It actually kind of annoys me that inpulsa / BV wasn't nerfed because the triherald BV was great and I'd definitely do it for Delve if I hadn't just done it.

Seems like a lot of you are going for Arc Totems. Is the build actually fun to play? Alternatively, I was thinking about trying something like a Vaal Double Strike Champion, but is that build suitable for a league starter?

I'd also be interested in trying out some of the new stuff they added. I know people are talking about stuff like Herald of Agony and Smite being pretty good - has anyone theorycrafted some solid builds for those yet?

Mathil did Vaal Double Strike Champion as his league starter for incursion. He has a ton of videos on his channel of his progress.

Everyone seems to be making builds for Caustic Arrow, Herald of Agony, and Ancestral Warchief totem. Ancestral Warchief seems like it's going to be pretty cheap and easy. Zizaran made a facebreaker variant and Octavian made a variant that uses a weapon.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
I'm leaning towards doing a fire trap build but I'm still considering doing GC mines. I figure it'll be easier to pick up the gear for GC mines, and I'm worried about how expensive Shroud of the Lightless will be without Zana Abyss mod.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Truga posted:

I also really like that I have full control over how much time I spend in it. Alva incursions were awesome, but the temple could take a lot of time to clear during early levels, and not clearing it meant I couldn't run incursions. I've just opened the portals and then ignored them a couple times when I got bad rooms, but it still felt like a waste, here I just pop in and do a couple trips with the cart, and then pop out again.

It also feels a lot more forgiving. I felt like I could never clear enough of the incursions with my league starter to be worth doing while leveling. Delves feel like they're an appropriate difficulty. The loot is pretty sweet too.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Truga posted:

Well that's incredibly silly.

I've been able to do shaped t10's via Zana all day today. I'm at 14/15 memory fragments, but I did kill a red elder. Patch notes say you need 10/15 memory fragments to be able to use that Zana mod.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

silvergoose posted:

So...what I'm asking for doesn't exist, then. I am so, so bad at dodging. Maybe the problem is that I'm not waiting for the bullets to fully despawn, maybe...

Sigh. I guess I'll try a few more times this league.

Assuming they don't nerf anything, you could try Molten Strike Jugg, but I assume RF Jugg has very similar defenses. I found Shaper to be pretty impossible until I watched engineering eternity's videos on the fight. The same with the Elder fights and Uber Atziri, so give those a watch unless you already have.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

ButtWolf posted:

Im doing a windripper MF build cause Im dumb. Should I spend my 10ex on IQ gem or Rigwald quiver? Does Fork mess with chain? I seem to remember it being weird back in the day.

Rigwald's is a huge clear speed boost for windripper. Probably one of the more noticeable upgrades, outside of the helm enchant.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Attorney at Funk posted:

Without stat sticks, what's the best way to do melee now? Real dual-wielding, shield, or two-handers?

Shield is probably strongest now. 2 handed slayer with Cyclone or Lacerate doesn't seem bad either, especially if you're talking about a league starter and especially if you can run lab.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
I think I'm going to start with a Cyclone Slayer to try to farm lab and see how far I can take the character. I kind of want to try ancestral warchief and farm lab but I don't think the playstyle is for me.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I know, I thought the entire point of removing the totem from their ascendancy was to add it to the passive tree so that other totem users weren't hamstring into always picking heiro for totem builds. Now you have an ascendancy that pops up two totems per cast but only has 3 totems max out unless you gear with +totems. Clunky as gently caress

Well there's the new support gem and the new shield craftable/veiled mod.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Scruff_McGee posted:

So for Lifting's Champion Warchief build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1960538 how important do you guys think the two taunt ascendency nodes are? The new impale nodes look like fun, and the Dread Banner "lets nearby allies inflict Impale with attacks" and totems are allies. The question is would the Warchief totem be affected by the champion 20% chance to impale node? As people worked out earlier in this thread if you had 100% chance to impale, with the champ node Master of Metal it would work out to a 70% more damage increase.

I'm no expert but the 100% chance to hit is a huge part of the power of Champion. The banner gives you fortify from what I can figure out from the announcement but it's hard to say from the announcement but I'm not sure how permanent it is. So you could definitely drop the 2nd Fortify node easier to pick up Master of Metal. I'm not sure how the mana reservation would effect you being able to do your thing but I'm not sure you can pick up those nodes pretty easy but I guess you could also drop the other Fortify node if you're not lacking defense.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Mentat Radnor posted:

BV elementalist is a totally fine starter build even for newer players IMO. Inpulsa's is just icing on the cake.

re: Oro's Flicker - It's fun and fast as hell, and very flexible. Raider, Slayer, Chieftain, and Elementalist all work great for it. Even Jugg should work well, and counteracts the downside of extra phys damage taken.

I've narrowed my starter build choice down to a dedicated tanky labfarmer of some sort, but I want to melee attack and not be a warchief totem build. Probably using Smite, but I'll try out other red gem melee attacks (Sunder, MS, TecSlam, EQ) and see what feels the best.

I'm thinking true dual-wield using axes, like a Soul Taker and then a rare siege axe. I just can't decide on an Ascendancy!

- Jugg: just go RT and be super beefy, stun immune, 8-10 endurance charges, lots of damage reduction and regen, can walk through uber lab in my sleep but it won't map fast.
- Champion: perma fortify, stun immune, lots of armor and evasion, Worthy Foe lets me consider full ele conversion (Smite + PtL) with EO for massive damage. Faster mapping than Jugg.
- Slayer: leechlord is always A+ for lab, 20% cull, bleed immune, but Headsman is mostly a waste for Izaro fights and this would be most susceptible to getting 1-shot out of these 3 options. Fastest mapper of the lot due to AoE and Onslaught.

Somebody pick for me.

I was basically considering the same exact choices. I think Champion is going to be annoying in lab without the sheer damage reduction and regen of Jugg or the Slayer overleach. Slayer with a worm flask seems like it should be plenty tanky enough to do full key runs and be able to transition to mapping and bosses much easier than Jugg as far as clearspeed goes. I'm going to start by going Cyclone with a Starforge and maybe respec to Lacerate if I decide I actually hate Cyclone.

I tend to play kind of squishy characters though and I really hate bad clear speed so keep that in mind.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
For my sanity, I usually tag the library on my first character.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

Yeah, I'm at a point where I get 3 guys showing up to every encounter because my board is covered in green string, but I never get to execute anyone so almost everyone is stuck at rank 2. It's a really neat tradeoff.

Syndicate is pretty well designed except for maybe the part where they send chaos damage murder squads after you while your chaos resist is still negative a million. If I could change one thing it would be no intervention until maps

Is Syndicate going core after this? I realize they can't keep adding every mechanic to the game permanently, but this one is actually good

It's confirmed going core. In basically the same way that Delve, Bestiary, and Incursion went core.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

theshim posted:

Jeweler's Touch doesn't work on Shroud, sadly.

The 5L crafting recipe does however. At least it did when it was a Vorici craft.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

TheRat posted:

Im not really sure I agree there's any problem with syndicate rewards outside of maybe mastermind herself and ITF research being about 79 times too powerful.

E: Oh, and vagan is useless I guess

It's not really ITF in research as much as it's pure breachstones being much easier and quicker experience than anything else in the game.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Oodles posted:

Where’s the best place to get cash, is it just grind syndicate?

I’m eyeing up a 40 ex RF helm, and I’ve got 10 ex to my name. I’d rather not have to run Research 15 times, as my eyes would bleed. I can do most content, can’t do Uber elder.

I need to figure out the best way to take advantage of the Elder/Shaper influence running up to Uber elder.

If you're looking for raw profit per hour, you're probably looking at syndicate, uber lab(enchanting a expensive base so something like a i84+ elder hubris circlet since you have money to invest) or some sort of super high investment t15 tower or elder map farming(something like monstrous treasure, strongbox sextant plus full sextant, and carto scarab).

You can also try just investing into crafting something like high ilevel abyss jewels but I don't really know how quick you would be turning a profit.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
They require a suffix. Check poedb for stuff like that.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Addamere posted:

They could do that behind the screens, without the transparent attempt to build hype. I would prefer they do, because I'm not going to watch the drat thing either way.

The supporter packs go on sale the day of the announcement and the old ones leave the store, so it's also a way to juice sales of the old supporter packs by letting you know when they leave the store.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Tai posted:

Yea it kinda blows delve is being pushed on the back burner even more with the scarab nerf.

With the multiple spawns in one area, if you have an open safehouse, will multiple internventions spawn? Kinda pointless to farm if they aren't.

The problem with Delve as a game mechanic is that as long as it has rewards, they can't make it free because the endgame is heavily based on all content having some sort of cost. So they can't make it free but if they make it have a cost but too easily accessible then everyone will just do Delve and burnout on the game quicker. Basically I think the people complaining about Delve before release were right. There's no good way to add an infinite dungeon into this game without heavily gating it behind a huge cost and then it doesn't become about the depth you can achieve but grinding the keys to get into the infinite dungeon.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
Yeah my impression is that at the very least Champion is good for the warchief totem lab farmer and Double Strike stuff. Gladiator seems to be pretty strong but just not particularly popular. Mathil just did a double strike gladiator and I'm not sure it would be a ton better on Champion.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
All of the popular league starter lab farmers should be untouched also because all of them are attack based builds, but then you have to farm lab which isn't for everyone. Barring some sort of insane patch notes, I'll probably be going for a tankier champion double strike build as my starter to farm lab.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
Glacial Cascade gets built with mines traditionally.

Even if they nerf Arc, they probably won't touch fire or lightning trap which are also really stupid powerful. Ele hit is still good but you probably want to use rain of arrows until you get the gems. It didn't really get nerfed with the unique rebalance but it became more expensive because you can't rely on using quill rain or chin sol to start.

Anything melee also won't likely see a nerf so all the molten strike, double strike, conc path or any cyclone builds that actually do damage with cyclone and not as an activator likely won't see a nerf.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

TheRat posted:

You wont be able to store up minutes of leech buffer now, since nothing lasts longer than 5 seconds

Yeah practically it means Slayer's niche of lab farmer is gone and any Ascendant Slayer/x is probably dead but at the very least less tanky. Any bow ascendant should now be comparable as a Ranger if not outright better.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
Really tempted to try some sort of Chaos DoT trickster but I should probably stay the course and do a double strike glad or champion to farm lab.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Dance Officer posted:

I'm bad at the game though. The only reason I managed to do uber elder last league was because I had ice golems do disgusting amounts of damage while I could focus on dodging poo poo.

You probably want some sort of Jugg. Molten Strike will be the most meta. Tectonic Slam and Consecrated Path should be good too.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Trying to setup a new filter for this league using filterblade. I noticed last time through there was just so much stuff that I could still see that wasn't worth picking up. But I'm worried that if I set my filter to strict I'll miss some stuff that could actually be useful (especially while leveling).

Anyone have any tips on how to setup the best filter for me? I realize that everyone probably has their own methods that work for them but I'm not really familiar with any of the common mistakes that might be made with this. I'm mostly just looking for a filter that will show me stuff that's worth considering at the very least, or stuff that's worth currency items.

And in the late game show me mostly the good stuff. Although at the same time I also want to do the Chaos recipe which is gonna make a bunch of crap show up anyway :/. Not really sure what the best inbetween would be here.

I usually level with Neversink regular then I move up to Strict when I'm res capped post Kitava 2 then I move up to super strict when I get annoyed that I keep picking up stupid rares or uniques.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
Wait so those gloves give Scion Slayer?

remember
Nov 23, 2006
Looking at Slayer, is there anything you even keep in the current ascendancy? I guess you would still keep the leech nodes. Onslaught I guess and maybe phys reflect immune but you kind of need to package it with something else.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
You can also scour chance a 6l pretty easily using the porcupine cards.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
He made a CI version as part of his league starters.
https://pastebin.com/SEJvvYDV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkrvTTEfPN4

remember
Nov 23, 2006
I thought I was set with an Ice Trap Sabo but now I'm starting to consider a Double Strike Glad or Champion.

remember
Nov 23, 2006
Rain of Arrows Herald of Agony Champion but most of your damage is going to come from the Agony Crawler. Otherwise you could probably make some sort of Ranger Scourge arrow build work. Cold Deadeye or Lighting Raider. Elemental hit deadeye could work too but you'll be leveling as rain of arrows most likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remember
Nov 23, 2006
Consecrated Path should work with a Voidforge too.