Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Qwertycoatl posted:

And does Voidspawn of Abaxoth show up without Beyond?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Cinara posted:

Tips? if you want to play that in the coming league the axe is going to be expensive, and the neck is going to be VERY expensive. Breaches are rare as hell compared to the previous leagues, and unless the patch notes mention serious changes from how it was on beta, everything from them will be quite expensive.

Raider would be my top choice, move speed is king for Cyclone, but Berserker would be a close second.

Why would the axe be any more expensive than previously? It isn't a Breach unique.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
So does that mean 45% each, or 45% total?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Washout posted:

So are the builds in the first post still accurate? The tankiest one is the sunder gladiator right?

Still accurate? It's a brand new thread for 3.0.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Infinity Gaia posted:

That's lame though. I hate following guides in games. I'm the kind of person who will go out of his way to play any game at least blind-ish.

As long as you're ok with starting over when you brick a character, have at it.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
The second row idea has been consistently ignored because it wouldn't work well.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

enraged_camel posted:

Do linked gems need to be adjacent to each other to provide bonuses?

Of course not. If that were the case, there would never be a point in anything higher than 3L.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

DarkAvenger211 posted:

They only seem to show up in specific acts

This is not correct.

While they can not appear until certain acts, from then on they're all purely random.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Either you or your DBA must have been terrible at SQL coding.

You're assuming it was SQL. There are some weird databases out there.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

nerox posted:

I just wish there was a currency only auction house.

Eventually someone is going to make a trade website that adds some functionality that everyone swaps to, then they are going to monetize it with delayed listings for non-paying users. Then GGG will get mad and handle the problem.

Why would GGG do anything about that? The community could go back to the old tool or make a new one.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I mean, don't you make it so that I have to set a price as I put it in my 'sell' stash tab and I can't change it on the fly and if someone comes along and offers the price it gets sold to them automatically at that price. No way to game prices then, whatever you want for it that is what someone will have to pay.

Which is instant buyouts, which they're not going to add.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm noticing that the added elemental damage from Doomfletch's Prism isn't showing up on the tooltip. Is that typical or am I missing something?

That's expected.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Hit Ctrl+C while mousing over it to copy the item info to clipboard.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Awesome! posted:

i thought it looked too dark in the preview video. not enough stars and poo poo

how many points is it

sushibandit posted:

Post some actual footage and not GGG's carefully-angled previews if you can. I'm trying very hard to resist clicking buy, because I love the celestial effects. It's really expensive though.

ZiggyD's been using it all evening: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169344067?t=1h56m

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Raged posted:

What is the 300+ meg patch about?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1975095

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

I'm even wearing biscos.

This has no effect whatsoever on map drops.

Map drops are solely affected by the IIQ on the map itself (and anything added by Zana mods), not by any IIQ on your gear/etc.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

MMF Freeway posted:

MoM doesn't really synergize with energy shield so you should probably swap the beast fur shawl for a rare with life or cloak of defiance or something.

To clarify, MoM does absolutely nothing until the ES is completely gone.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Filthy Monkey posted:

How would kaom's add any damage?

Kaom's Heart posted:

+500 to maximum Life

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Indecisive posted:

wierd it seems like ggg re-rewarded me some alt-art uniques from a race I did years ago, too bad they're super lovely so probably nobody will want them

Or you've just never claimed them before and we've reached the cutoff for when race rewards become available in temp leagues :)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Dennis McClaren posted:

Christ, just look at the math involved in trying to understand curse damage - https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Curse
This is why so many times I just :shrug: at this game wondering how I'm supposed to interpret so much info on a skill/item

By learning. The game does not hand you everything in the text.

quote:

Anyway, outside of bosses, regular mobs can be affected by how many curses simultaneously?

Both are the same of course, 1.

You need passives or items with +1 curse to get more than that.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

PotatoManJack posted:

can it still only drop maps linked on the atlas (i.e. only Jungle Valley and Beach)?

That's only a thing when you don't have other maps completed.

Any map you've completed can always drop from enemies of an appropriate level.

Any map you have not completed, but that is directly connected to a map you're running, can also drop.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Zenithe posted:

How do you get more buttons?

You don't.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Goa Tse-tung posted:

so uh can you turn that into a alt art Tempest? that would be actually playable

No.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Tags don't tell you what supports work with what skills

They never have, and they never will. There's no bug, just people mis-using tags.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

NofrikinfuN posted:

Seems like it would be a pretty good use for them, though.

Which is why people always assume they do, but they don't :)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Salvor_Hardin posted:

That's a slippery slope.

It's perfectly allowed, actually.

I bind a mouse button to shift+w for using a movement skill.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

whypick1 posted:

Email them for a rebate?

Rebate on what? They don't discount supporter packs.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Auto-clicking would be banned regardless...

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Duck and Cover posted:

Oh boy a website I can use to trade. What's the point of this again? Like why even bother if you're just giving us what exists already.

Because it's in-house now, obviously.

It's not like they're ever going to give the game an auction house.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

ronya posted:

vaguely surprised that they didn't limit it to a new league just to assess the economy impact

There won't be much impact at all, since it doesn't offer anything poe.trade can't already offer.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

TheRat posted:

It's in a remove only tab that's available in any league I want it to be in, but I can obviously only take it out once.

*after 1 month of the league

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Mr. Despair posted:

This is a weird bug:

Logged onto an old character, somehow have the daresso portal effect equipped even though I've never purchased it and don't have it as something I can equip. Not one of the race rewards either, just weird all around (I emailed support just in case they didn't know weird mtx things were apparently afoot).

e. also gruthkul and brutality is a great combo

That's been around ever since they added the new MTX system and they haven't bothered fixing it. It's what a lot of people got set to just by default.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

zxqv8 posted:

Your hideout from standard takes precedence over any from another league merged into it, and your atlas completion is merged into whatever was on standard as well as your master progress.

Or at least that's how I understand it all should work. I know for a fact that I didn't complete 112 map bonuses on my Turmoil character, but when I look at him now in standard that's what he has.

Tiny correction: The hideout with the most decorations wins, it doesn't matter if it's in Standard or League originally.

Atlas progress is league-wide, so your character is irrelevant; if you had 112 in Standard, that's what you'll see on your Turmoil character. If you had completed any maps in Turmoil that you didn't complete in Standard, those will merge into your atlas, but as noted previously it may require a reset to happen.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I wonder what happens if you mix Sire of Shards with Volley

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Volley projectile mechanics:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Bob NewSCART posted:

The last league I played was the one directly after the release of oriath. Have there been any major shakeups since?

You mean the current league?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Yolomon Wayne posted:

So ill be going for crit spark scion as a starter, can i still get 100% pierce like before the pierce changes?

No, pierce doesn't work like that anymore. You get a number of pierces instead of a chance to pierce.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Holyshoot posted:

-A guild stash where people can have everything get stolen because theres no logs (dont put good poo poo in the gstash)

What kind of idiot puts something in the guild stash that they don't want to be taken and used by someone else?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Good Citizen posted:

Is the Xbox version of this any good?

Eh. It's ok. Controls are a bit weird.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Good Citizen posted:

Like diablo 3 on consoles weird? Cause I could deal with that

Haven't played D3 on console, so I can't say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Hm, 'supported by' can roll twice maybe?