Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I found some boots that I think might be worth something, but I'm also really bad at pricing poo poo, anyone have any idea what I should list this at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I completely agree that fully automatic auction house isn't the answer there has to be something that can be done to make trading not such a miserable experience. Bitching on reddit seems to be pretty effective, too

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

trading has been bitched about for 5 years now

good luck

Just playing the long game

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Yeah I thought the other labs being made to not suck so much would make me not mind uber lab but nope, uber lab is still awful

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Deformed Church posted:

What might be a good sixth link for cyclone? Right now I've got melee phys, added fire, faster attacks and chance to bleed. I've liquidated a bunch of garbage so I'm ready to upgrade to a 6L and I'm not really sure what to add. I'm not actually sure about bleed either so if there's a better option I'm all ears - the added phys damage is kind of nice and it's got neat synergy with the Kondo's Pride I'm using right now but there's probably more I can squeeze out of that slot, particularly since I assume there's probably better options than Kondo's even with that buff.

Increased AoE for clearing / Conc effect for bosses, maybe?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Doing things to get better loot is basically the entire game, why are you confused about this

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

pork never goes bad posted:

It also means that there's actually a level cap for players who die at any given frequency above some threshold. I like that! It gives me more of a reason to get mechanically better, rather than death spamming endgame the way I deathspam kitava.

You're already limited in any given map by the amount of portals the map device gives you. With the nature of endgame bosses being do their mechanics or you get 1 shot (more or less) I don't see how someone death spamming their way up to level 99 is going to let them kill shaper all of a sudden. Not to mention that would take loving forever, anyway, so I doubt anyone would actually do it

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

imagine playing what i assume is a lot of path of exile and then being shocked that theres a punishing game mechanic.

The game's got lag issues, my dude

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Could I get an invite for sanatwo if there's still room?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Standard characters may as well not exist, just delete them

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I usually have really good luck 6 socketing an item but I don't think I've ever managed to 5 link an item without the prophecy

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

I whispered like four people from that poe.trade website and nobody responded. Why doesn't this game have a proper auction house?

That's not a can of worms you want to be opening

But the long and short of it is GGG already think trading is way too easy as it is, we're lucky it doesn't get worse

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Could I get a guild invite? Character name is spinawon

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

It just needs to be any character on your account, if you don't have any yet you could just make one now and get it invited

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I tend to try to clear out most of the map but if I'm missing like 30 mobs or something I won't scour every corner just to find them, I'll just move on to the next one

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

lucifirius posted:

Y'all motherfuckers should do Spectral Shield Throw like the masochists I know you are.

I already tried that because I hate myself

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I eventually had to get rid of bodyswap when I played that build last league, it was just too much

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I'm sure it's possible to get good stuff but dealing with everything to get to that point isn't really worth it.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

whypick1 posted:

LOOK AT THIS IDIOT

To be fair I think that's what most people were expecting

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

So how long out are we from tencent owning all videogames, 10 years? 15?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Jinnigan posted:

Don't they have an owning share of Epic and, by extension, Fortnite? Game seems fine to me, pay2win-wise.

Tencent supposedly only owns 40% of Epic as opposed to a majority in GGG but yeah they don't seem to be screwing with that. They might pull the rug out or do something dumb if the game suddenly becomes unprofitable but I don't see that being the case anytime soon, either here or with Fortnite

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I don't even have that many stash tabs and my standard stash is a hellish nightmare, can't imagine what those whales who spend hundreds of dollars on tabs might be dealing with

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Storm Burst getting buffed has me wanting to try that again, I started with it in 3.0 and it felt awful

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

From what I understand you can get sent into the same room again so you can open more doors or change the room type but there's no way to guarantee it. I wouldn't sweat the layout of any given temple too much, there'll always be more

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

If you get the Perandus Manor map he'll spawn in there

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Want to do smite with minions because that kind of character archetype is extremely my poo poo but also wanted to see if I could actually figure out a tree (mostly) on my own. How does this look? https://pastebin.com/8T2we1S3

Not sure where to go with the last 4 ascendancy points. Radiant Faith and Unwavering Faith? Also not too sure if those AoE/Area Damage nodes would be worth it either

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Could I get a guild invite? Character name is spinawon

Bugsy posted:

https://pastebin.com/cGmeEuQp

Improved your pathing a bit, and picked up some more jewel sockets. Got to take those 1 and 2 pointers. 4% less life and a little less regen. My guess would be Radiant Faith and Unwavering Faith as well for the last 4. I think you will need to play around with the area stuff to make sure, but those could be easy cuts.

I think you want to go full conversion with phys to lightning and then use a stat stick in your off hand as smite uses main hand only. Wrath and then herald of purity to get your minions then?

Nice, thanks. For whatever reason I never tend to think about jewel sockets and that pathing seems much more efficient

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Steam has to patch the game differently than the standalone so the steam patches are usually bigger

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

please knock Mom! posted:

none of the goony goons telling you you don't have balls would be stupid enough to use it

I used all my reliquary keys during legacy, going to use all of them here too :colbert:

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2223905

Did they seriously not expect that people would be running at a depth higher than their equivalent maps?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

It would have been incredible if delving was an alternate leveling path, having the damage to kill story bosses in 3 seconds but having to wait what seems like an eternity for phase transitions is getting really old

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

PoB only shows the damage of 1 ball, as far as I know

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Delve would be my favorite league if you could do it more and maps less

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Go team Blind Vaal Madmen

This should be illegal

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

People skip bosses because they're awful, though. The only even remotely interesting bosses are stuff like atziri or shaper where the whole point of you doing it is for the boss. Map bosses either die in ten seconds or have long rear end invuln phases because some GGG designer is mad about all those other bosses dying so fast

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

As someone who is honorbound to start every new league with a new or reworked skill when possible I hope the remaining ones are better because none of these cold skills are doing it for me

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Allow le toucan in chat, you cowards

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

If you don't log into a town and get bombarded with ugly rear end microtransactions then they'll make less money

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Duelist also has all the best lines. He remains a pompous rear end in the face of exile, crawling through flesh tunnels and giant buttholes, etc.

I love that every time you see Piety she's thirsty as hell for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Andy Dufresne posted:

Thanks, I checked out poe.ninja and it looks like that elementalist inpulsa build is solid. I saw a couple of ascendants running a similar build but it didn't look as strong. I'm a little reluctant to play elementalist for the 3rd time this league but it looks like the pens, ascendancy, and Inpulsa's will take care of the damage so I can go 100% defensive on the tree. If I die I die.

I see a lot of people using ball lightning/slower proj instead of lightning warp in their 2nd pen (arc in 1st pen). Are they just giving up some movement in favor of single target damage? Some of these characters don't have any movement skills at all.

I think that build tends to have 4 pens, your arc/lightning warp set for clearing and a weapon swap with arc/ball lightning for bosses