Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
To farm Oni Goroshi do the characters have to be in SSF mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Friend talked me into trying the PoE league and before the league started he wouldn't stop talking about how he had to have a good league starter. I told him anyone can write those posts on the forums. So I wrote up the only guide for berserker. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2452030 Automatic essay generators do a bad job at writing their essays.

He rerolled 4 times in act 3 before he found a league starter that worked.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The memory nexus is kinda lame and buggy.

I have been slowly setting up my nexus over the last few days and trying to get he right tiles by saving the once I want by planning them. Then I found out there is a limit to how many you can place at a time. So I figured I would harvest some nodes. I was working my way across the x locations and I teleported to back to the nexus to stash the loot. When I took the portal back it put me where I circled in red.

I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, that's kinda how I feel about it, too. The decay mechanic is especially frustrating - I'll set up a nice node with several memory mods on it, only to get screwed by the decay five seconds in.

I'm probably going to take a break from PoE this league - maybe the next one will feel more rewarding.

My strat is to never attempt to travel across a decaying platform. If its decaying just run around killing things so you get all the items, your not racing to the end and messing up. After you killed everything or just ran into blue it will warp you back to the start. Collect your loot go back a tile and place a new one. Then go continue along your path.

It really comes into use if your trying to travel along a path where 2 tiles are going decay when you enter. If you make it through the first one you have to do another tile or risk loving up your path. This also means I need to have alot of pieces banked to repair my path as I go.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 13, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
This is my first league, well I did a practice start during the last week of betrayal to try to learn the ropes. I don't get map sustain and why everyone talks about it.

This is the amount of maps I've slowly collected.

As I go I pretty much keep getting more and more maps. I usually load up my inventory with a random assortment of map, usually no more than 1 of a map. Alch them all and then start grinding. I used to do 4-5 in a row but now I load up my entire bottom row of my inventory of 11 maps to save time.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 13, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Elerion posted:

1. Tier 1 maps are already unlocked by default, and it’s very hard to run out of them unless you just try to spam one specific map?

2. You mean like the boss of the map, which has an increased chance to drop a connected, higher tier map? Or Zana, who offers you one free run of a selection of maps around/above your current tier when you encounter her?

3. Pretty sure this is already what happens when you use Zanas tier upgrade option for maps.

Do you have any suggestions that aren’t in the game?

You can also randomize any map into another map in the same tier.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I don't know how anyone could have problems getting alot of maps. Sure maybe getting all of them is hard but getting alot doesn't seem hard at all.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

George posted:

I'm not saying any of this to gatekeep (and I suppose the game's price tag might be a compelling reason to be in this situation), I just want people to realize when the things they complain about are core existential principles of the game.

This game does cost alot of play if you dont want to play with a piddly 4 stash tabs.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Complaining that a grognard's game is too hard is pretty funny though.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Maps only drop for the host.

People don't want you to loot in a party mapping? Lol and I thought this game was nerdy enough already.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It is kinda fun/cool to use path of building to test every single item change you do but I really don't see alot of people doing this.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I've stuck items in the synthesis machine and it then removed the cool gold trait from the items.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So to craft items I need hundreds of the things I pick up one at a time right?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Do prices on items like xoph's blood or the dying sun flask go down as the league continues? I've farmed up 6 exalts and am having really no trouble yet. Would it be better to wait for slightly cheaper or buy now?

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 14, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I already traded my chaos away for another exalted so I kinda can wait until i have enough for the change to someone.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Bought a xophs blood for 4ex cause I couldn't and didn't want to wait. Path of building saying I should have capped resists but in game before the servers went down I was missing 15% cold resist for some reason.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

NitroSpazzz posted:

Is PoB counting on you having endurance charges? You get 4% all res per charge.

Sounds like it could be, I thought it would only use endurance charge stuff for the dps parts but I should be over the cap by 17%.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So as the league goes on I take it gets harder to generate chaos from sales unless you have a good item? Do people start playing a week in when all they can do is just hope for drops?

This game shows that d3's method of relying on countless random rare gear is awful. It's kinda neat they kept it up so long. They even have the old d3 thing where I get lvl 20 items from killing monsters vastly above that level.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 15, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MMF Freeway posted:

It becomes harder to sell low value rares and some uniques generally drop in value but on the flip side it becomes incredibly cheap to get decent early map gear.

But after they get into mid tier maps they then have a harder time generating chaos for the high end items at that point or is it easy for them to move up in mapping?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Elentor posted:

I'm sorry but - what?

Are you talking about D3 1.0? Because if that's the case then uhh D3 hasn't been like this for a long long while.

Yes, I was referring to how it was so bad that they changed it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Tiny Bug Child posted:

there's an extremely easy way but it makes some of the thread cranky. (identify it, put it in a public 1c tab, and see if you get any bites within a couple minutes. do this with all your drops worth picking up and it's an extremely efficient way to separate the chaff)

So I should price my entire quad tab with 1c and identify everything I dump in there and then wait to see messages to reprice? I have been looking for ways to troll the trade creepers and I've only just left all my tabs public. So this sounds like a good plan.

I've been keeping my breachstones and scarabs in there so this will be funny. And it sounds like it would be alot better than going over everything with the trade macro.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 15, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MMF Freeway posted:

You can do that, if you wanna end up with a bunch of stuff you still don't know the right price of that'll sit in your stash the whole league

It will let me know what to reprice while doing maps though and save me the time.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Oh god I'm setting my entire 12 tabs in my stash to 1 chaos. This is pretty amazing for selling items.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Oh man that's the sound of the trade creeper. This will be funny to leave it like this for awhile.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hahahaha

No Safe Word posted:

The thing is you can literally just take 200ms to look at what pops up after using the ID scroll on it and make the same decision.

Why do that they when there are hundreds of trade creepers who will do that for you? I was getting pretty tired to trade macroing almost every loving item.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
China has an auction house so it's not like it's impossible. They prob just want to sell americans stash tabs.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
drat!!!! This is such a great idea you had. Had one guy keep messaging me about this wand while I was mapping. Decided to finally price check it when I was eating and says it could worth an exalt, public stash for the win.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Hooplah posted:

You're almost certainly wrong. If you had a 1 ex wand in a 1c tab you'd have way more than one guy messaging you

gently caress if I know, I just go off what the trade macro tells me.

good or bad?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So between 1c and 15c sounds good.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Breachlord drops a lvl 24 item........

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jay Rust posted:

Trying Delve for the first time, quick question about fractured walls: do they appear near nodes (i.e. locations where your crawler stops), between nodes, or either?

There is some wrong and right information going back and forth I suggest you check out this link how to find hidden paths to the nodes you can see on the map.
https://www.poelab.com/how-to-find-hidden-delve-rooms-pathways/

These nodes will be blocked by a fractured wall but fractured walls can be anywhere in the delve. I have been having alot of fun delving the darkness. Behind just regular fractured walls you will usually find some loot containers, sometimes its forgotten crap or currency boxes or the big prize fossils.

The way I do it is if I run a long path between nodes, I run back along the lights and check the offshoot tunnels for fossils and fractured walls for more loot. You will use a poo poo ton of flares doing this. At least they are cheap so you can chuck alot of them. And you are safer just throwing anytime you don't feel safe.

Here's and example I was showing my friend of one fractured wall path.

The red line is where the fracture wall was 'near'. And the numbers show the amount of connected paths to the nodes. A fractured wall path should be to a node with 2 paths shown. To find this is basically running into the off shoots of the crawler path and looking in the dank dark holes. They can also be off dead ends but it is rare.

Fractured walls will display a hp bar when you mouse over them and show up on your minimap when you are close.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 16, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I really enjoy having my dump tab public and set at 1 chaos. I like selling people kinda bad items that they are buying cheap cause I take it they need it. I know its kinda waste of time but if its kinda helping them then cool.

Some guy messaged me for these gloves so I look at them and I'm like these are nothing special, trade macro it 1-2 chaos, and just sold them to them for a chaos. I was in town already so it was pretty low effort.

I also like that when my dump tab is full, I can just take everything out and give it a look and vendor it quickly. Because if no one has messaged me for an item I know its nothing special. Trade creepers work for me, they do all the leg work.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 16, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ahh my trolling backfired yesterday!

I had to report him for being a poor trade creeper.

Trolling some trade creepers.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How do you sustain sulphite?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It is literally the most fun thing to do in the game. So I need to run 10 maps to find niko once to do 3 nodes in delve?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I like jumping into the darkness to find fossils.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Living the life, executing items with vaal orbs one item at a time.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Spent multiple exalts 6 linking a lore weave over the cost to buy one with better stats already 6 linked. At least I got the achievement. :frogout:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jay Rust posted:

Why do people even sell things for less than a chaos orb, an alteration orb is barely even worth more than the portal scroll used to get back to your hideout

I wont even respond to a single chaos trade unless I'm in or about to be in my hideout. Sometimes with higher value things too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The best thing about the memory void is opening synthesised chests that don't contain any synthesised items.