Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I tried many times but never really got into this game. I always find a build and play a couple of acts then lose interest. This time I decided to just go into hc kind of blind just after watching a few youtube videos to learn the basics and see how far I can get until I die. And so far I'm having like 100 times more fun actually paying attention and trying to figure out what passives to pick and what to do with my gear and etc than I ever had with this game while simply following someone's build. I'll probably die soon but I don't care, it has been fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I could not get a good image but this streamer was playing toxic rain with this pretty cool visual effect but I could not find it anywhere. Is this really toxic rain and it's just the basic effect or was I mistaken? and where do I get this?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Magus42 posted:

Wrong. Box contents are released into the store one month after the box ends, not one league after.

e:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Angels_and_Demons_Mystery_Box

Box released June 20, 2020, ran through September 18, 2020.

Added to store on Oct 11, 2020

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll wait for it to be added to the store then so I can play some toxic rain. It is stupid, but the standard effect kinda gross me out

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I would love to buy some cosmetics but I took a look at the mtx shop and got totally turned off by the prices :ohdear:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Zmej posted:

buy a supporter pack, it's the most cost effective since it comes with a full set plus points. then make a watchlist and wait for sales.

I usually buy a supporter pack every league and for $60 I get more hours out of poe in 3 months than the last game I bought at full price. if you are unsure about an mtx, this guy makes good videos letting you know the mileage you can get out of each set

https://youtu.be/0QSu-vSUuFU

Thanks I'll take a look at that. The game totally deserves my money and I got some staches in the past already. I just wish the armor stuff was more affordable. I would buy much more if they were.

On the other hand, my new guy is ready to party:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Awesome! posted:

you will buy the $60 wings and you will like it

Actually I have a question about the suportter packs. It says there that I can upgrade to a superior one. Let's say that I buy the eagle suportter pack could I upgrade to the empirial suportter pack next month for extra 30 bucks? Do I also get the extra 300 points for that?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Awesome! posted:

yes you can upgrade eagle into imperial eagle for the difference in cost and you get the extra points.

you couldnt upgrade, say, eagle into breach core though since they are a different series.

Cool thanks. It is still expensive, but that would make it a little less painful on my short budget.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Aerox posted:

My Blade Blast Chieftan is doing extremely well, and I think I'm about to hit the limit of how I can reasonably gear him. A8 Sirus down deathless multiple times, he's tanky as poo poo, and I'll probably keep playing him the rest of the league. The (minimal) drawbacks I've found are that he's very slow (couldn't fit in a speed boost in the build beyond basic boot movespeed) and it can take him a while to kill bosses.

Getting the itch to start a secondary character to take a break from him for a bit though, and I'm looking for something that plays differently than him. Ideally a zoom-zoom character good at bossing. I saw one of the ranger ascendencies has perma-onslaught, but I've never played ranger.

Any build suggestions of things that fit that critera that still do well in the current content? Ranger not required if there's something else people are doing.

Out of curiosity, what build are you using? I'm thinking about making one too and I have been looking around and it seems that people's opinion of the build is all over the place. Some people say dmg is low, some say it's high but has mana issues. Some people say it's tanky, some say it's squishy. I just don't know what to think

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

So guys, what is your experience with dire elementalist? I'm still at act 6 on sc ssf and having a great time, it's probably the best leveling I had so far, but I've been reading complaints that it is a bit squishy and nobody seems to agree which is better, bastion of elements or elemancer.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Uhmm interesting. That would mean giving up on Mastermind of discord and Heart of destruction which sounds like a big loss in damage, but I might consider it since I'm a pretty bad player and can use all the defense I can get. Thanks!

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Cretin90 posted:

Staff is popular with goons but the most common archetype on ninja is sceptre + shield with recover life on block. Make sure you consider that if you’re having trouble with defenses.

Yeah, I'm running scepter and shield, but I'm only on act 6 so I'm mostly commenting about what I've read on the main build thread on the poe forums.

edit: mostly I'm asking co's elementalist so far seems like one of the most versatile ascendancies and it's really interesting to hear people's take on it.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

euphronius posted:

If you check my posts I posted a good dire build recently that came. From the goon discord

Gonna do that, thanks!

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I like ziz co's he's one of the few poe streamers who doesn't feel the need to blast my ears with lovely electronic music all the time.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

navandis also do some nice detailed guides. I'm still pretty noob to be able to measure how good they are, but I had a good time with some of his builds this league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ7I8ZtIPsE

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

sdr782 posted:

Queues are moving pretty quick but I'm constantly getting disconnected now. Might just take a break and try later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Same here. I do like the new trials a lot, from the little that I have played. I got totally stomped a few times and it feels a bit like the mid-core that this game was missing.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Just co's I commended zizzaran for not playing lovely music he decided to blast the most obnoxious music you can find right at league release.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

xZAOx posted:

Ziz malding lol https://clips.twitch.tv/FunnyFrailPistachioMVGame

Also lol at him tweeting about wanting a rollback. I guess that matters to some small percentage of people who race, or do more "general" people want that too?

That link is not working.
Is malding the new salty? I can't keep up with the kids slang these days :corsair:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

What's a good way of finding good and new ssf builds for this game?
As a socially anxious person, I'm totally allergic to the trading system in this game so I mostly play ssf. The trouble is that in poe ninja you mostly see the same 2 or 3 builds on the top pages without any way of telling on the viability of the others further down and almost every build guide I find claiming it is a starter build are actually things only viable with very specific uniques or for some other reason simply require that you trade in order to have a good experience.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

EVIL Gibson posted:

Ziz? Mathil?

Sorry, I don't watch white male streamers

Only Kay.

Kay, please tell me of your weird rear end summoner builds. Tell me how I can summon a million spiders and actually make Reaper good.

For those people looking to learn POE, a very forgiving build is mines.

Use any spell you like and attach Blastchain Support to the link. Mines have the upside of not being considered your damage so it is immune to mob mechanic walls for other characters such as damage reflect, damage reflect, but mostly damage reflect.

Same deal with summoning but unless it's just skeletons or skulls, damage reflect can kill them really fast leaving you with no damage.

I love kay's new player build. When I want to play but am too tired or lazy to think I just pock up her guide, start a new char and just follow it.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

I would play more minion builds if carrion golem didn't look so stupid

I'm the same but with any build that has to use that gross giant crab full of pustules. And toxic rain.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I want to play. right now.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

euphronius posted:

Rip Sheild skills :(

One league only

yeah. sad. sst was so fun :(

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I'm looking forward to being stuck in queue with you guys tonight.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

How's the guild situation? I'm wandering if there will be place for me once we log in.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

So what's the word on poison conc? Is it worth it? Pathfinder or occ?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

queeb posted:

Poison concotion PF has been a fuckin blast to level, I hope it is viable endgame

Same here. I ditched phys trapper and picked posion conc and never looked back. I'm still in act 4 but it has been a blast so far. And so drat tanky.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

euphronius posted:

"My spirit is spent."

"I'm no beast of burden"

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Wuxi posted:

Its this.

The new crafting is incredibly beginner friendly and saying its only for the 0.1% or whatever shows how little you ever interacted with crafting before.

The new system basically accomplishes three things:

An easy to understand, hard to fail way to get influenced mods on your items: You slam influenced mods of varying tiers onto an item. The orbs you need for that drop from any map-tier content, with higher tier mods corresponding to higher tier orbs, corresponding to higher tier (mapping-)content. The mods are implicit, every item can have one of each new influence for a total of two and you can replace the old implicit by using currency again, which means you cannot brick your items in any way. The base 6 affixes will always remain the same and the implicits can be replaced at any time. Its an easy way to get up to 8 affix items with powerful influenced mods to boot.

A way to gradually improve your crafted items in a way that doesnt rely on the deterministic nature of old harvest: Since the new orbs can only be used on non-influenced items (no shaper, elder, conqueror influence), they are a way to continuously upgrade your items while progressing through the atlas. They don't interact with the pre and suffixes at all and by finding new and better currency when progressing through maps you can add stronger implicits to your already crafted items, making bad items usable or good items better.

A way to limit the upper reaches of item power: While this effectively introduces 8-mod items, you are always limited to 2 influenced mods, there is no way to craft new items with 3+ influenced mods, which is good for more casual players, since ways of crafting these items are often complex and most importantly very expensive. In order to use these high tier influenced items, your other items had to be better too, to compensate losing base stats like ES/Life or resistances, which isn't a factor with these new influence types.

I just want to note, that you had to spend 3 whole paragraphs just to show how "simple" things are.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I really like that we can select stashes for flasks and gems now.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

euphronius posted:

1 Seismic Trab sabo

Haven't they nerfed this?
I loved it last league using it and exsanguinate was fun.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Do people actually have numbers or insight on how much the seismic traps mechanical nerfs that will be in 3.17 will affect it, or is it just that it's so op that people don't think it will make a difference?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Cool that's interesting thanks!

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

The league just started and I already flip flopped on builds twice. It's good to be back.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

logger posted:

Got my tabula for the league using just 2 Berserker mods, feels good.

GG. Much envy. I went trough 15 of them and no tabula for me. :hotpickle:

Is it a bad move to use a love level quill rain for EA? I got one while farming for the tabula but it has only 3 slots.

edit: also drat, those new little tree ant mobs on act two can totally destroy you if you're not careful.

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 6, 2022

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

edit: double post

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

McFrugal posted:

Tanking everything, I think. If Phox's guide is detailed enough then I can probably just use that and aim at wherever I want, thanks!

I'm thinking the same too.
I'm trying to decide between this and phys trapper.
but his material is very detailed so I'm hoping it can teach me some crafting.
On the other hand, exsanguinate trap's blood effects touch my brain in all the right places...

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Firebatgyro posted:

The problem with the campaign isn't the campaign, its that for almost all of it your character is on a 3-4 link with like 10% MS so everything feels slow and lovely. If they let you start from lvl 1 just running maps or whatever its going to feel just as bad until you hit 70 and your build is finally online and you make/buy some decent gear.

Also another problem I have with the campaign is that when I decide to try a new build I'm usually stuck until level 50-90 using a leveling gem set that it's not what I wanted to play with.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

And my love/hate relationship with shield charge continues.
You're zooming around like a crazy maniac and it feel glorious. Then you hit a pebble.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Granstein posted:

I play a lot of FFXIV, and they recently went from a three month patch cycle to four, and as much as I love having four leagues a year I really think it might be something for GGG to consider with the state they've released some stuff over the last year or two. I'm sure that isn't realistic given the monetary hit, and even with the complaints I still love the game, but this fuckin patch was clearly not ready to come out of the oven.

I quite agree with that. I feel like specially this "fire and forget" attitude they have about updating the leagues is quite detrimental to the game.

e: this league in special, they already announced that further changes to AN will only come in 3.19 when it's clear that a lot of the balance troubles seem to be due to either lack of testing before release or more likely, they simply not addressing problems that the testers found.

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 08:41 on May 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I haven't managed to read through all of it but this is pretty interesting: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/v0nm0c/the_complete_guide_to_recombinators/