Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

"Herald of Ash's secondary effect no longer ignites. Instead, enemies near slain enemies are burned based on the overkill damage. The description on Herald of Ash has been updated to properly reflect what it does." Does this mean the new Ignite Prolif gem won't work with HoA? Also how does the Ruthless support gem interact with Multistrike?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I have been playing SSF to take a break from my regular guy, and it is so much fun. If you find yourself getting bored with the regular league, I would recommend giving SSF a shot.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Got my SSF Trickster to A10 and stomped Kitava deathless. Then in my third map Abaxoth showed up and I killed him deathless as well. Then I went and poo poo all over merc Lab. Next time there is a hc race I want to do, I think I am going to play this build again. To be fair, having a Belly of the Beast is pretty big.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

PotatoManJack posted:

This is probably common sense to most players running maps, but I had a bit of an epiphany last night. Rather than doing a single map, then identifying loot, selling loot, organising maps, etc. I go to my stash, drop everything in my inventory into the first tab (labeled dump) and then jump straight into the next map. I do this until my dump tab is full and then I mass identify and sell/organise everything.

As I said, it's probably common sense to most, but it was a break through for me, and the increase in my currency generation is probably 3 fold.

Also, having just bought the premium stash tabs bundle, having a 1 chaos b/o tab is fantastic to chuck in rares that may be worth something.

This is what I use my quad tab for. Also in case any new players don't know, you can use the search function in your stash to make sorting easier. For example, when my quad tab is full I usually search "essence" and then "div" to highlight all the essences and div cards to move them to their respective tabs. Then I do the same for "currency" "map" "unique" etc until I just have rare items left to ID.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I was just thinking, what auras would a Starforge Cyclone Slayer even run? Hatred and Herald of Ash are useless.

Blood Magic time instead?

My RT Cyclone Jugg runs Blood Magic with a Witchfire Brew flask for Vuln Curse. Heres my profile if you want to see my setup, character is Jebsbackbaby https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kumbo/characters

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I blessed my gloves to 20%, my belt to 24%, and my amulet to 29 dex. I am mostly playing my ssf guy now though.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Speaking of other builds: ED/Contagion. Scion Occultist/Deadeye, Occultist, or Trickster? It looks like all of them heavily favor going ES, so I guess I'd be trying that again too (I've never been comfortable with ES the two or three times I've tried it). Unless life versions of the three can work?

I played a lowlife ED Occultist in Breach and cleared all the end-game content. It is slower clearspeed that Trickster, but at the time it was a lot more boss dps. With the buffs to Trickster in 3.0, I think Trickster is probably better (outside of doing something you specifically need Occultist for such as Xirgil's Crank). I got a SSF ED Trickster up to like level 88 this league and it was a lot of fun to play. If you don't like ES, I would definitely suggest a life-based Trickster with MoM.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I did +1 Decay Bow ED Occultist in Breach and a ssf MoM Trickster this league, and with the buffs to Trickster I really prefer it over the Occultist version. Nasty_Woman is the Occultist, although the gem setup would be a little different with the 3.0 changes https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kumbo

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I am liking most of what GGG is doing with Harbinger additions going forward, but as someone who was planning on doing only ssf next league, I am a little disappointed in the Orbs of Binding not staying in. It only really matters for the first character though.

Edit - on second thought, without Harbingers being so plentiful I probably wouldn't have that many Orbs of Binding anyway

soscannonballs fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 2, 2017

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

The new trade site is great news. Less time I have to spend whispering 15 afk people to get the item I want, the better.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Are the race rewards for hitting the level milestones guaranteed or does it just put you in a drawing for whatever the prize for that level is?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I want to make a cyclone character next league. Does anyone bother with any that aren't Ngamahu's? If I do go for Ngamahu's is there a discussion of the pros cons of the various ascendencies for it? It should be nice without requiring a dying sun if these reflect changes are to be believed.

I killed shaper this league with a cyclone/heavy strike juggernaut doing pure physical damage.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I am considering doing either SR Trickster or trying some kind of cold based caster with Taryn's Shiver to try out the freeze changes. Not sure which Ascendancy to use if I pick the cold caster, thinking either Inquisitor or Assassin.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Can I get a guild invite on Kumbo

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Velveteen posted:

After the buttkicking I received from the red map elder a while ago, I went and leveled up my ranger to 90 and got my gems to level 20. It was time for a rematch and smashed him into the ground instead (with a few dumb deaths.) I'm having quite a lot of fun with the White Wind ranger. Its probably not as good as a good elecrit dagger with lycosaide or something but its super budget and I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvcjmU1c0GE - Elder fight

I haven't tried shaper guardians or the shaper yet but I do have some maps I'll have to give that a try next.

Only issue I have with this character is I have no idea what auras to run. I have Herald of Ice for the added cold damage and the ice explosion clear speed but what else should I use? Wrath doesn't really get any benefit from all the cold damage I'm stacking. Frostbite I already have cold penetration gem. I'm trying out assassin's mark for more crit right now. Hatred wouldn't add that much since I have barely any physical damage.

When I was messing around with White Wind I ran Grace + HoI.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

baby puzzle posted:

I always feel like I'm "done" with a character after beating act 10. I feel like there's only ~15 more levels of skill points for me to play with, realistically, and my build is starting to feel weak anyway... What should be my motivation to do maps?

Maps are fun, and with crazy mods can be quite difficult as well. You also have the end-game boss fights of Shaper + his Guardians and the Elder + his Guardians.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

not really sure what else i can do to bring it up. this is: 6l in a +1 bow with 21 ed/4 empower, pain attunement, enchant, 22 despair, and enchant

https://pastebin.com/DRHtBtiG

You are missing out on a ton of single target damage by not using Blight + threshold jewels. Swap out your gloves for Allelopathy and socket them with Swift Affliction, Efficacy, Controlled Destruction, and Void Manipulation. Respec the 6 passive points you have leading to the templar part of the tree including ZO (it isn't needed at all) and use those points to get jewel sockets. In order to fit Blight into your build you will need to re-do your other gem setups. I would put both your spell totem setup in your chest with your aura setup, which means dropping the Enlighten from your auras and lowering the gem level of Clarity. If your shavs is 6l you can sell it and get one with two 3 links. Combine your Flame Dash with Contagion in your boots, and swap in Arcane Surge for bosses where you don't need Inc Aoe. You also don't need to run Despair as a Blasphemy all the time since you have Witchfire Brew. Instead use an Empower gem to make your defensive curses more effective, and learn when you have openings on bosses to channel Blight - that is when you will pop Witchfire Brew and get the damage when you need it. By respeccing out of the passive points I mentioned and 2 points that give life regen, you can pick up 3 jewel sockets and the 3 skill effect duration nodes by Elemental Equilibrium. Heres a PoB link of the changes I made: https://pastebin.com/grywNygW

With this setup, your shaper dps for ED goes up to 214k and Blight does 20,795k per stack. Another change you could make (for bosses like Shaper, not for regular play) would be to swap out your Basalt or Jade flask for a Silver Flask, so you can stack up Blight higher in the limited time you have to safely dps the boss.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Thanks! This does leave me with the problem of trying to get resists from four slots, might be manageable though. Would just slotting blight+3 supports in rare gloves work? Looks like it's halve my blight dps but not lose much on ED

Blight is a lot more damage than ED though. Remember you can get up to +10% all elemental resists on a jewel. Also I just noticed on your tree you took 3 aura nodes up by CI, so you can respec out of them and pick up another jewel slot immediately for a total of 4. Two of those sockets need the Blight jewel, but if you put jewels in the remaining two sockets that have 10% ele resist, you are capped again, in addition to picking up some damage from the other mods on the jewels. You could also try finding a good abyssal belt with es and high resists, and socket an abyssal jewel with flat ES, resists, and possibly increased damage over time with a 2h weapon.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Gonna make a shield thrower with faster proj + pierce and pretend I'm a Frozen Orb sorc.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Keru posted:

Why not just play Ball Lightning and wear Three Dragons? :V

Ball Lightning doesn't explode into a bunch of shards

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Will Facebreaker work with Shield Throw? I am guessing no, but it would be really cool to literally make Captain America.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

this might make a fakener comeback :aaa:

edit what am I saying, obv JEB IS BACK WHOOOO

Jeb never left, he has always been with us waiting for us to clap.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

For Shield Throwing I am thinking either Chieftan, Deadeye, Champion, or Gladiator. A full fire conversion Chieftan would probably be pretty good, but probably not as a starter. I don't know how good the Bleed stuff is with Gladiator, but maybe some kind of bleed shield throw, or just Champion for generic damage + defense. Deadeye also seems sweet for a chain build.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I have a question about how the new Beacon of Ruin Elementalist passive works with increase effectiveness of chill/shock. Will increases to effectiveness from gear and other passives apply from the 10% chill/20% shock base, or will the game calculate what your chill or shock would be without Beacon, and then bump it up to 10/20% if it doesn't reach that threshold?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Spectral Shield Throw got added to PoB and the damage seems really bad. Anyone able to get numbers for bosses?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I'm gonna do ED Trickster for my league starter.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

New league looks awesome, I hope the new Infernal Blow is good.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I thought those items dropped already identified? Because there is definitely an option in Neversink for showing "Warband" items which shows any identified blue item.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Does Less Duration support gently caress up Vaal Earthquake?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Having a hard time deciding what to play on Friday:

ED Trickster - always enjoyed the playstyle and Contagion should be great in the Incursions

Arc something - Chain lightning is cool

Trapper - all the new traps look cool

Infernal Blow Chieftan - IB was my first real build so it would be cool to play the buffed version

Jebquake - The buff to EQ and the new Vaal EQ have me interested

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

So one of the new supporter uniques is a shield that lets you trigger the meteor glove enchantment on crit (the skill still has a 10s cooldown). The guy who made it says you should be able to support the skill with gems socketed into the shield, so I am wondering if it would be possible to support a skill like that with a trap gem for an on-demand Meteor, perhaps as a way to put a big ignite on a boss.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Fenris13 posted:

Nope, the shield does not give you the skill, like say Ice Whisper would, it casts the skill on crit, so it is already triggered and you can not have two triggers linked to the same skill.

If I play a trap build and a regular trap skill crits (like fire trap) would it trigger the meteor?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

EQ got buffed so I will prob do Jebquake, but I might try chieftan this time and do full fire conversion.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Now I want to do a build with Frostbolt/Vortex/Scorching Ray so I can pretend to be Shaper.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Can I get an invite on Trumps_Toad_Dick if there is room? I got purged.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Now I want a Gordon Ramsay loot filter similar to the old Heroes of Newerth Ramsay announcer addon.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Shadow will always be my Anime Husbando

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Always get more life.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I would love if they just removed Sulphite. Let Delve be its own separate progression thing so people can choose what they like more for endgame progression. Also Delving as an alternative to leveling alts through story mode would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I hope they add Impale to EK