Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Raider should emphasize that it is the Gotta Go Fast class option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I'm really hoping a self cast wither CwC dark pact is viable with stacking tons of life and regen at the expense of any offensive stats on the tree. Not sure if I wanna try it as Juggernaut or Occultist though

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

MTX to turn golems into more typical ARPG style mercenaries of some stripe, masters or not, would be interesting. Don't think there are many builds that don't use a golem.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

ooh, don't think we've seen the full stats for this yet

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Have you ever seen the true face of God, exile?
/

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Jinnigan posted:

the Templar will get pants in this update."

what the gently caress

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

peak debt posted:

Is there a special trick to the Museum boss? He just stands there, does a cast animation, then I lose 70% of my HP. This is with capped resists and 4500 HP. He doesn't really cast anything recognizable or dodgeable, so I wonder what exactly he's doing. I can avoid the damage by running around with a Quicksilver flask up but as soon as I'm standing still, I pretty much die once my instant life flask is empty.

He detonates corpses which does absurd damage, that could be what's getting you. Making sure to stay away from any dead enemies might help

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

there's also the option of putting poacher's mark (low levels) or warlord's mark on blasphemy to solve mana leeching issues, or just putting 2-3 points into the leech wheel at the bottom of the tree if you're down there anyway and respeccing out closer to 80. or hell, the mana leech support gem exists basically just for leveling issues.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I like to put my golem on a the cwdt 4-link, outside of a few edge cases. But I'm insanely lazy.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Also vaaling jewels has a chance to give you unique, funky build-around jewels that you can't get any other way. I don't think any of them are particularly meta right now though.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Just get a Goldrim and don't take it off until yellow maps

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

frajaq posted:

Is playing something straightforward like Witch with Glacial Cascade viable in this league? I like the idea of a spell that benefits from Physical damage increase too....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiSkPKoPR8I

Someone took down shaper on an Elementalist with a 1L! He obviously is wearing full mirror-level gear otherwise. Templar/Inquisitor might be better for self-casting GC, at least at lower gear levels. I know I've seen a decent amount of builds running that way.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

It also might interact differently with skills like wild strike, molten strike, frost blades that launch projectiles. If all 3 instances of the attack trigger those instead of just the initial hit, that’d help build a niche.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

It’s honestly insane to me that people want the Templar to be like a ruggedly handsome old man who wears clothes instead of hobo-rear end lordotic mongloid with awful balding and a diaper. I’ve invested in vanishing dye explicitly to keep him bald and diaped up.

Just play duelist.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Abyssal slots in items combined with those pseudo-6L one handers they previewed should be interesting. Be curious to see how limited they end up being

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Just started playing this again for a co-op game to go through with my wife. Quick question - I know there's a new content pack/league coming soon, and our Harbinger characters will become standard. Will we have to start new characters in that league to get the new content, or does it show up in standard right away?

All the Abyss league stuff, new enemies/bosses/rifts/abyssal jewels and uniques, will only be in the new league.

The War for the Atlas stuff with new maps, shaped items, etc. should be available in Standard right away.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Oh my god I can finally summon my stand to battle injustice

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I want to finally try a totems build this league but haven't seen anything from the new patch except the new skill gems, is there a fun starter build for that or should I do something cheaper

I did a glacial cascade totem inquisitor as a starter in harbinger and loved it. The only uniques needed are a soul mantle and 1-2 kikazaru to get out a 3rd totem, and honestly I was in late yellow maps before I even bothered to get that.

GC is in a good place still and is strong pretty much as soon as you can get the gem

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I’m torn between just doing lightning tendrils which is cool as hell now or trying something dumb with a new support like Trickster self-cast poison bladefall cascades

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

New mtx stuff datamined: http://poedb.tw/us/shop.php?c=NewItems

In addition to the map tab, we'll be seeing that cool celestial righteous fire/ball lightning/flameblast effects from the new unique chest boss, a Chaos Orb you can wear as a hat, a new flame golem skin, and a bunch of the dark red Kitava enemy skill fx. A lot of that will probably be in the new mystery box though, who knows

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

McFrugal posted:

Magma orb amulet!

Honestly this seems better than the entire deadeye ascendancy

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

So about those slayer nerfs :lol:

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

If you’re really lazy you can just put both desecrate and vd cast while channeling on scorching ray.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

There’s a spear mtx right? It can just slap on any two handed melee I think

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Abyss will be integrated

tl;dr: Abysses won't show up until Act 6, Depths will be map-only (same as Breaches). Jewels will be much rarer, Belts will be Depths-only, Liches and 2 socket uniques will be more common. Lightpoacher projectiles will now have a limited travel distance. Shroud will no longer roll a 2nd socket.

I dig most of the integration but honestly I kinda wish Stygian Vises were out with the rest staying in--elder/shaper belts haven't really made an impact this patch at least, seems like vises will continue to badly outclass everything else and just mean you'll have to spend more money during early gearing. We'll see how it plays though, I suppose.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Well poo poo now that just makes me want to run a Kitava’s Thirst build this league

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

We also have confirmation that you can use a wand with it and that the spectral shield takes on the 3D art of whatever shield you have equipped, which is cool

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I'm hype for new ascendancies but beast management sounds loving terrible in about every way lol

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

First thoughts are that elementalist got even better for golems but remains low man on the totem pole for actually casting spells.

Deadeye is ok, Tailwind might end up being very good. It’s disappointing that the something like the chain node has anti-synergy with the new Shaper amulet and any spellcasters hoping to take advantage will be wasting the rest of their Ascendancy, not even far shot works for them unless I’m mistaken.

Still wish they’d turned it into the any projectile class instead of the projectile attack class.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Elentor posted:

There really should have been a pet reward for the bestiary league.

Yeah I'm actually kinda shocked that didnt happen

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I wonder if elemental conversion and its interactions are gonna get rejiggered in the patch notes or else I’m just absolutely doing phys->ice->fire glacial cascade on a Trickster with as many sources of added chaos as possible, maybe CwC on wither.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

A cool build for 3.2 will be......Lightning Strike Deadeye

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Jusupov posted:

When you hit with a Fire spell, gain +10% Ignite damage and +10% Ignite duration for 6s. This effect stacks up to 3 times. Upon reaching 3 stacks, gain +30% spell damage and +2% Health regen for 8s.

Please no I’m having Marvel Heroes flashbacks

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Attorney at Funk posted:

What endgame weapons does a Tectonic Slam Juggernaut want to aim for?

You're probably gonna see a lot of unarmed Juggs, as the simple fist is a weapon of the people, and worthy.

Otherwise Nebuloch will have a lot of synergy with Juggernaut especially and is a cool build-around.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

and I suppose Ngamahu's Flame is always a classic option, especially since you'll hit 100% fire conversion easy with it.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Not mine but:

Can't decide which revamped ascendancy to try out this league? Spin the wheel!

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Einhar Frey...the bestiality master

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

In the datamine: Tectonic Strike now appears to use main-hand only. Interesting change if it bears out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

apparently Uber Elder is already down, if anyone was wondering how much GGG was overhyping the fight