Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

tier 1 build, from level 1 on day 1 to farming tier 15s in the endgame

there are some things you absolutely can't do, like shaper and uber atziri, but not many builds can

Nah you can run those just fine. It's a little difficult but there's nothing about them that actually makes the build not work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Does anyone know if Dark Pact actually scales off your life if you don't have any active skeletons, or does the life scaling only work if you target skeletons with it?

I have no idea how to min/max this skill or if it's even league starter viable but I'm determined to make it work.

e: I'm basically looking at some dumb self-cast Dark Pact Guardian right now, although I'm pretty sure totems are going to be way better for self-casting it.

We don't know for sure right now since GGG hasn't shown the skill gem yet and no one's gotten to use it, but there is a datamined one from the beta and it matches what GGG has said they want the skill to do. So based on the datamine and what developers have described it works like this:

-If cast on a skeleton, it will bounce on up to 3 skeletons, removing 6% of their max life and adding damage equal to the life removed.
-If cast with no nearby skeletons, if will remove 6% of your max life, and get +4 base radius as well as up to +152% more damage. If less than 6% of your life is removed (it will never leave you with less than 1 hp), it will get a more multiplier that scales with that number (152%*%life lost/6).

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

Can someone look at my skill tree and tell me if there's something obvious I messed up that I should change? The idea is pretty straightforward, but I dunno if some of the nodes I went into are traps or ineffective. It ends up with 204% increased life, which is fine, right?

http://poeurl.com/bqNk

Life is fine, you're spending way too many points on the bad life leeching nodes and not enough on damage nodes.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

That's the thing, I'm new so I don't know which life leeching nodes are bad or good. And I didn't want to commit to being one-handed or two-handed which is why I avoided any nodes to do with those. Can you tell me which life leech nodes to spec out of in order to spec into more damage?

The only leech nodes anyone takes are the wheel that gives both life and mana leech and they get the life side + the life/mana hybrid. Drop the rest for your choice of 1h, 2h, DW, and 1h + shield nodes. Also you don't need unwavering stance Kaom's Roots gives you it for free along with chill/freeze immunity and 200 flat life and you should probably plan to wear them in the endgame.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Actually Berserker doesn't need any leech nodes at all, didn't realize you were Berserker. Also going to Shadow is way too far for too little benefit. If you want VP cut the build off at VP, otherwise stop it at the ranger life nodes.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

100% resist and 70 life is in the 15-20c range, high EAD roll multiplies the price of any ring dramatically. The thing about rings that isn't immediately intuitive is that it's very hard to get good prefixes on rings, while it's pretty easy to get a lot of resist. 40% EAD and 70 life is the best of the best in terms of prefixes.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

For everyone who was hesitant/complaining about not starting a Baron SRS build because Baron is too expensive, RaizQT was just the first person to hit lvl 100 in SSF HC with Baron SRS, without having found a Baron.

E: all his gear is trash except for the worthless chest he 6led himself and his claw from Chimera. His jewels are incredibly bad (7% life + 2 useless stats).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/RaizQT/characters

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 17, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

enraged_camel posted:

Are the controls for cyclone different than Diablo's Barbarian whirlwind?

Depends on the Diablo. PoE Cyclone before 3.0 was click once to start cyclone towards where you clicked, if you clicked on non-terrain or ran into any non-terrain object you'd stop and not do anything. Diablo 2 WW was click once to start cyclone towards where you clicked, moves around terrain as if you clicked to walk there. PoE made Cyclone match this functionality in 3.0.

Diablo 3 WW is just hold the button to spin, while spinning you have totally free movement as normal.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

There aren't really good options for crit DW sunder except Varunastra, which costs like 150 chaos right now. There aren't really any nodes for Axe/1 Mace crit on the tree.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I got multiple messages yesterday asking to buy various uniques from people that cancelled my party request, almost certainly to make sure that I was actually going to sell an item at the price I listed in order to know how to price their own item.

I can't wait for this to become common practice in the greatest trade system ever devised.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm noticing that the added elemental damage from Doomfletch's Prism isn't showing up on the tooltip. Is that typical or am I missing something?

It's a really silly engine thing because it was just recycled code from Doomfletch, where the game doesn't try to show you a tooltip because each element could be doing a different amount of damage. It could be fixed by just rewriting how the bow works or how the tooltip is displayed internally I'm sure, but it's very low down on the list of things that matter when tooltip is never really accurate in the first place and everyone uses PoB now.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Beo posted:

So i've been gathering wander gear and I'm wondering if I should wait til I have a 6l and taste of hate or can I blow some poo poo up with a 5l queen of the forest. Kinetic blast looks like so much damned fun and I kind of just want to start playing it.

The 6L is purely for single target and depending on the boss, sometimes it's actually easier to just get the boss onto a wall and spam KB on the wall. Your KB should just go in either a Thunderfist (like 5c uncorrupted, less for a corrupted one that doesn't do anything), or The Tempest's Binding, which is actually really expensive now. Taste of Hate doesn't add any offensive potential for wanders.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Beo posted:

Cool I think i'll try it out i guess I meant dying sun not taste of hate already got the thunderfist so i should be good to go.

Sure like I said pretty much all the optimizations for wanders are geared towards single target, as KB - GMP - Pierce - EDWA in a Thunderfist with Wrath will blow up packs instantly with a white wand and barely any damage on the tree. Single target might suffer with a 5l and no source of extra barrage projectiles, but aoe will be fine. For the record if you have no other sources of free Barrage projectiles then GMP is an optimal link since it doubles the number of projectiles for a 24% damage penalty, which is overall a 52% more multiplier. Barrage - GMP - Added Lightning - EDWA - Ele Focus should still kill bosses relatively well.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

McFrugal posted:

There really should be a Faster Cooldowns Support.

I'm pretty sure GGG has acknowledged this point when they first released Trap Cooldown Support and their philosophy is that if there's never any reason to not link this with Blink Arrow/Flame Dash then there's no reason to put it in the game since it just creates mandatory links for no real benefit.

Also yeah that jewel is ridiculously good for Ice Shot and possibly some cold-based ST/Nuro's Harp builds. It's incredibly good for Frost Blades too in that no one can ever expect to run life + 3 optimal damage property jewels, but it's not a "perfect 4 prop" jewel.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Sword I made yesterday:

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Raider is definitely not better than Pathfinder because Pathfinder gets +3 Barrage projectiles from Dying Sun while Raider only gets +2. Deadeye/Ascendant make up for it with the +1 projectile ascendancy but Raider has nothing to make up for it. Outside of the +1 projectile, comparing Raider vs Pathfinder:

Pathfinder (5 Frenzy Charges): 50% damage, 10% pen, 20% attack speed
Raider (6 Frenzy Charges): 58% damage, 32% attack speed, 3.33% more damage (going from 5 to 6 FCs is 1.20x -> 1.24x)

Raider is barely better, and that's without counting any bonuses you get from flasks or the general QoL of flask regen/duration.

E: Guy in that guide is probably an idiot and missed out that Pathfinder gets +1 Projectile from Dying Sun if you spend a jewel socket on the flask effectiveness jewel. But that doesn't explain why he thinks Raider is more damage than Deadeye because it absolutely is not.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 29, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Filthy Monkey posted:

So why does Kaom's Heart add dps to dark pact in Path of Building? I can't figure it out.

Cheribum's shows up as adding 14.5% dps.

Kaom's shows as adding 12.1% damage.

How would kaom's add any damage? It isn't a fire skill.

Dark Pact scales off the amount of life you sacrifice.

E: Bought these boots with 71 life yesterday for way too much, threw an exalt at them:

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I spent 23 exalts scouring and exalting prefixes on this and it came out okay but not ideal.

Still probably never getting a better wand than this though.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

For whoever was asking before, I run uber lab on my Wander with my normal mapping setup but I take out Vaal Pact and it's fine. It's standard 50% flask effectiveness Quicksilver of Adrenaline Pathfinder + 30% movespeed boots + Onslaught speed, and it does enough damage to blow up all the Izaro phases nearly instantly.

Also I've done everything this league with it, including Hall of Grandmasters. I can't dodge Uber Atziri crap and everything in Uber Atziri does like 9000 damage so I'll give you a warning that my Uber Atziri kill I did die a bunch of times, but I wouldn't say any build not specialized for it is going to do better. That said, I have 6300 life wearing a real amulet and full Acro + Phase Acro, Yriel's Fostering instead of Belly, and do like 1.4m DPS not counting any shock effect to Shaper, also I'm missing +2 Barrage Enchant, which would bring that up to 1.8m.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

10bux posted:

Yeah, this is by far the best wander build currently. Especially because its good at everything, farming, shaper, uber lab etc. The other builds on the forums suffer at one of those while being really good at the others.

Also, I'm going to throw modesty at the window and say that my tree is better. Here it is Click here for Pathfinder/Raider Wander

The dude even admitted it in PMs. Also you should use lycosidae until you can afford super end game gear, or you just wanna go fast for farming or labs or whatever. But lycosidae basically does more deeps then even the best shields, AND saves you money elsewhere by not need those pesky accuracy rolls.

Both these trees aren't ideal IMO. If you are using Lycosidae the Wand wheel at the top of the tree is less efficient than spending points on some combination of Ranger starting nodes, Forces of Nature, and 3 point Jewel sockets. Looking over the guide, I noticed that my DPS that I play with was significantly lower than the one his guide was showing, so I took a look at the PoB comparison between our builds. Important Differences:

1. He was showing damage with a +2 Barrage Rat's Nest. I wear a Tempest's Binding without Barrage Enchant.
2. He is lvl 100 with 4 more passive points.
3. His Shaper DPS doesn't include Frenzy charges because his only source of Frenzy charges is Blood Rage. I run manual Frenzy so realistically I should compare both builds WITH Frenzy charges since realistically his build should slap on a manual Frenzy gem instead of Blood Rage for Shaper. With Frenzy charges, Blood Rage, and Onslaught active, his build is a 3.266m Shaper DPS.
4. He's using a Legacy Wise Oak and has no forms of curse or bleed immunity while I was checking with curse/bleed flasks.
5. PoB doesn't add in the effects from having a Bestial Rhoa for some reason.

So those things said, I made the following modifications to my build:
- Switched hat for +2 Barrage Rat's Nest
- Added in the stuff I would pick up for the last 4 levels, with an equivalent jewel to my weakest damage jewel right now (7% aspd/7% life/9% damage)
- Added in lvl 21 Wrath with the same Empower setup that guide is using, and lvl 21 Added Lightning, as well as raising my Barrage to lvl 21 to match the guide
- Switched my Curse Immunity flask for a legacy Wise Oak
- Noted that he uses "enemy is intimidated" as a standin for Vinktar shock, which is now 15%. Bestial Rhoa actually just gives straight up Intimidate, so you have to add 10% more damage to the numbers I have.
- Added 15% movement speed to boots and 15% attack speed to gloves to simulate effects of Bestial Rhoa.

With my ideal hat (+2 Barrage Tempest Binding):

Remember, you have to add 10% more damage to both of these for the Bestial Rhoa.

Compare to the guide's default setup:

Note the differences in Total Life especially. With my ideal setup I'd be getting slightly more damage than the guide with over 500 more life.

Comparing to DBK's tree: DBK skips Druidic Rite, Primal Spirit, and 2 Jewel Sockets for the wand wheel. Since 4 points in damage can be efficiently spent on Forces of Nature instead of the Wand wheel, here's a comparison:

2 3-point jewels, Force of Nature, Rat's Nest:

Wand Wheel:

One of the jewels I dropped was a pure damage jewel without life. So I guess technically all my screenshots should realistically have about 200 more life and a bit less DPS. Anyways, I personally don't think you should skip the flask charge nodes and you should take all the jewel sockets to get the most life. Otherwise yeah, not going straight through Duelist area is better and also you should get Vitality Void and Blood Drinker as per both of our trees.

E: Pastebin here https://pastebin.com/Mz9dPHpU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

10bux posted:

I think what's always drawn me to wanders, is that there isn't a "perfect" way to build them. That's because your gear is pretty much guaranteed to be different then the next. Way more so then any other build in my opinion.

So like Eezee said, the move speed and extra life/res is certainly great. The only reason I've stuck with a lyco for so long is because for one I'm a dps slut, and two, because of vaal pact. If you miss a barrage or two and the wrong moment against say Minotaur, it could mean death. It's also nice to completely ignore a stat like accuracy. That said, I am switching to an evasion shield after a long long time. Although I only wanted one that was 1k+ eva, attack speed, 90+ life, accuracy and a res, which can be quite expensive.

As I said before, it's totally up to you how you build it, but I have to say I feel this is incorrect. The main thing you want from those wand nodes is the crit and crit multi. It's been nerfed so hard it just doesn't feel right playing a wander without those nodes. Even with them, I still am dreaming of more crit. Also, even for a lyco user, those 5% attack speed nodes are insanely efficient. Also, you're build sounds totally different. Mine is strictly for QOTF.

You are totally right about the guys POB and his legacy standard gear, but even his DPS is passable.

This is what my deeps look like using a rare lion pelt. My new tempest setup is even more but not finalized just yet. I tried dumping the wand nodes and picked up proj + proj jewel socket and put my best 4 stat jewel in there. Ended up losing 4k dps, but it was better than I anticipated. Also, none of my gems are 21, and my wrath is not empowered.

I tried dropping the flask nodes for a few hours and determined that the extra mana pool those nodes give is really important. I don't know what your stats look like but the maximum leech rate is 20% of your max mana, which without those nodes is around 700, or 140 per second. Your mana regen without those nodes is like 14 or 15, so you regain about 155 mana per second at leech cap. My barrage costs 51 mana per use and fully buffed with the wand wheel I have 4.8 APS, which means Barraging burns 245 mana per second, a lot more than the max mana recovery rate. With the two Flask Charge Recovery/Mana clusters, I have 1100 max mana and 27 mana regen, giving me 247 max mana recovery, a bit more than enough to sustain the slightly slower Barrage. Regardless of whether or not bosses will survive for that long, it's drastically cutting down on the real Shaper DPS, which is what matters the most. Also it's just way more annoying to play like that in general even when not mashing Barrage on a single target, and feels just awful for QoL in general.

TBH I'm not sure how other people manage it because I see people skip those nodes, but I'm welcome to see a suggested tree that takes wand wheel and also the flask nodes, but at this point I don't think they're skippable. If it's just a matter of sacrificing like 25-30% life worth of jewel sockets and life nodes, I really don't think the wand wheel is worth it.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

What exactly is the theory behind how a wand build works? Would it be possible to use a bow instead?

Comparison points:
- Imbued Wand has much better base attack speed and base crit than any bow.
- Kinetic Blast is easily the best pack clearer in the game and way stronger at single target than even Barrage on certain boss fights where you can get the boss up against a wall.
- Bows have overall much better nodes on the skill tree.
- Bows enable wearing Kaom's Heart/using 2 6 links easily.
- Doomfletch scales in a way Wands can't really match when fully optimized, so it probably has higher theoretical damage than Wands can reach.
- Wand phys scaling is really bad, Bow scaling for both phys and ele is good (and the best bow builds combine the two through ele conversion or Doomfletch)

Otherwise yeah they're extremely similar.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Oh wow, thanks for the update, I feel dumb. I have been using arc to COH anyways so that does the trick. I guess that means I can run Anger then.

Edit: Between double cursing Elemental Weakness and Projectile Weakness, triggering EE, and triggering the 70% dmg bonus on Scourge, those arcs are doing some serious work. :stare:

Anger will make your Arc do fire damage, which gives enemies +25% fire and lightning resist and -50% cold resist.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Unless you link Anger with Generosity.

Oh duh, yeah that works.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I'm late to post this but I'm now officially the luckiest goon. I long time ago I posted a screenshot of me finding a Mirror and now I found another one. Feel free to hate me.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Is Blight any good to base a build around or is it only useful at this point for triggering its threshold jewel Chaos debuff?

It's not unplayable, as Pohx hit lvl 100 with it last league before the Threshold was added. The AoE is not particularly good though and you get slowed down a lot by the ramp time of the skill.

That said Pohx's build was literally just the tankiest CI Occultist he could possibly make with Abyssal Cry Poison contributing more to his damage than Blight itself, and literally every other aspect of the build was massively nerfed besides Blight.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Hamburger Test posted:

Noone in their right mind tries to link a poo poo rolled LG. The really good ones are worth money regardless of sockets, because it has 3 variables that all contribute to the end dps.

Also the range on the flat damage and attack speed are enormous. The DPS ranges from 260 to 360, it's a massive difference.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Tarezax posted:

Looking at my lioneye's, it has good rolls for flat damage and % damage but minimum roll for attack speed, lol

Apparently 330+ DPS is where it starts being more than worthless, and 340+ DPS is where it starts costing quite a bit.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

McFrugal posted:

The Chin Sol shrapnel shot trap build in BOTW looks pretty slick. That's probably the best way to use the skill! You can scale it much easier as a trap and you won't have to worry about the skill's inclination for close range attacks.

I made a Chin Sol trapper ages ago and Shrapnel Shot was terrible for it, but that was back before we got the Shrapnel Shot jewel and also before it got radius scaling with level (I think I got 1 radius cluster on the tree). I ended up using Rain of Arrows and Tornado Shot instead because I was using poison + Vuln, so Blast Rain wasn't good.

The way Shrapnel Shots spread still don't seem all that great from a clearing perspective, and the fact that you have to use 2 traps at all because of the trap cooldowns makes the build feel inherently pretty lovely. The damage is fine, though.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 14, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

McFrugal posted:

Oh he's using blast rain on a second trap. I looked at his guide and he doesn't really justify it at all. Also he says switching to Barrage for bosses is better, so even with a trap-focused chestpiece and build he *still* can't use a single trap skill for damage. Why do traps even have a cooldown at this point?

Yeah I know he uses Blast Rain on a second trap. There's nothing to justify. You literally don't have enough traps to clear at a comfortable rate even with Saboteur, the trap cooldown nodes, and Tinkerskin.

A lot of that is because the cooldowns vary between traps. Ice Trap works as a standalone because the cooldown is 2 seconds. Fire Trap hasn't been popular for a long time but it was reasonable as a standalone at 3 seconds when it was used for ignite prolif builds, where you drop the trap and the whole area kills all monsters walking into it for 4 or 5 seconds. Trap Support has a base cooldown of 4 seconds, so you literally get half as many traps as an Ice Trapper and bow skills don't leave residual damage.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Catching up on the thread...

PotatoManJack posted:

I try not to price check a lot, but this just dropped and I think it may be worth quite a bit:

A few chaos, I'd probably throw that in a 5c tab but I don't know if it's too high or too low. Evasion is a worthless stat.

whalestory posted:

Is queen of the forest even worth it on an ele wanding pathfinder? I guess I just need way more evasion but it seems really hard to get enough for it to be cool.

I'm also feeling the pain of not having enough resists when i'm running with rat's nest, thunderfist, lyco, and atziri's steps so I guess I should probably switch one or more of them out for a rare with life/resist. im just kinda working myself up on a small budget of like 100c

i guess on the offchance that anyone feels like giving me advice on my wander so far: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/whalestory/characters i definitely need more jewel slots and then good jewels to go in em

I used a rare chest until I switched to Yriel's Fostering, was never really interested in QotF. To get the most out of the QotF movespeed you have to use a Jade of Reflexes and a Quicksilver of Adrenaline, otherwise it's basically the same as Yriel's Fostering and using a Quicksilver of Adrenaline, maybe even a bit worse. As I have said before, you really want the Quicksilver of Adrenaline as well as Dying Sun and Vinktar, which leaves 2 flask slots for Bleed Immunity and Curse Immunity. Using the Jade of Reflexes means you have to drop one of the unique flasks or one of the immunities, and I don't really see the point. I don't think you should use Thunderfist + Rat's Nest while Tempest's Binding exists and lets you get life + resists in both glove slot and helmet slot, as well as generate Frenzy charges while using Pierce on KB. Thunderfist + Rat's Nest gives you the biggest tooltip numbers on Barrage I guess, but I don't think it's good.

whalestory posted:

Thanks so much interrodactyl... you will always be in my heart

edit: What's the big deal about atziri's step? if the acro/phase acro nodes arent worth it, would i also be better off skipping the spell dodge on atziri's step and going for just any old rare life/resist boots?

Those nodes are worth it. But also I use a rare for resists.

E: I'd consider dropping Yriel's for Perfect Form if I think I can get my resists in line but I don't think it's reasonable to skip Phase Acro entirely when you are more than strong enough as a Wander that sacrificing 4 points for it is not a major problem.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 15, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

nerox posted:

What all builds use it? I know barrage +2 projectiles is worth a lot on that.

Bow builds can too, though phys conversion/Doomfletch are way more popular than ele bow builds this league. It's really nice as a pseudo 6L for LA so you can go LA/Barrage with Kaom's Heart. I'm surprised that Blade Flurry enchant is expensive on it, but I suppose Blade Flurry is a ubiquitous enough skill people will pay a bunch for any good life + resist hat with other upside as long as it has the enchant. Generally speaking, if you hit an enchant for any skill that's popular or general purpose stuff like Golem buff effect, reduced mana reserved for popular auras, and extra curse effect for popular curses you should sell the hat and start enchanting a new clean one. Obviously you're aiming for +2 projectiles for Barrage because that's worth something like 60 exalts, and I think the next most expensive might be Tornado Shot +2 secondary projectiles.

Also item showcase: I bought this belt yesterday for 3 Ex, divined it 6 times cause I wanted high life roll + at least 46 strength for stat requirements, and Blessed it up to max life roll. Pretty sure the seller ripped himself off:

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

what would a belt with those stats but a really lovely ES roll filling up the last prefix be worth

say something like this

It looks like there's a couple of belts that look similar to this worth around 3-4 exalts, and then other ones in the tens of exalts, so people aren't very consistent at pricing them. Last prefix shouldn't really matter. If you're selling I'd try to get more and go for maybe 10 ex starting price, otherwise it seems hard to tell.

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

Are you supposed to be able to beat Izaro in the labyrinth as soon as you get there? I got to Act 4 and I'm at level 40 with a Witch (I was kind of following some thing I found online about the "Arc Witch") but I can only keep dodging him so long before I whiff a flame dash or movement command and I get hit by the green goo.

Kind of, I usually wait until your level to attempt the lab at all but it's certainly possible the moment you get all 6 trials and can enter, which is like lvl 33. Arc is incredibly bad at killing single target bosses though, so you'll probably have to find a better single target setup and/or come back to it later.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Idea I'm throwing into this thread because I don't think ignite is viable at all this patch: DW Dyadus gives enemies you chill take 200% increased burning damage. That triples the damage of all ignite, RF, and Scorching Rays. It's used on the incredibly broken Wickerman Tukohama Spectre summoner this league on animate guardian, but otherwise no one uses it or acknowledges it exists. I feel like there's something you might be able to do with it wearing the Axes yourself, but I'm not sure what. Some notes:

- Hrimburn lets you chill and ignite with pure cold.
- Cospris CoC works as Assassin with a 5.5 base crit weapon and no sword specific crit nodes.
- Pure cold ignite works way better with EE this league than it did before since ignite damage no longer cares about initial hit damage.
- Cleave and Dual Strike I THINK ignites based on combined damage with both hands and will trigger the chill on off hand hit.
- Any source of chilled ground does NOT work since that chill isn't coming from "you."
- It takes about 20k initial hit cold damage to chill Shaper for 1% of the max effect, which is what you need to have it be considered a chill. If going for a caster that won't hit with the off hand then you have to do this much damage for the build to work on all content.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Does anyone have the math on what it takes for switching away from Lycosidae to be worth it? It looks like with Yriel's Fostering, wand nodes, a 350 acc/13% aspd eva shield, and a pair of 350 acc rings I can hit 93% accuracy. Doesn't this still do less damage than just having 100% accuracy because of how crits are rolled? Considering 13% aspd is probably worth like 6-7% more overall damage.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I meant by corrupting the drillneck you lose the pierce mod. I was asking if gaining the pierce on a corrupted doomfletch waas better than the uncorrupted +WED mod.

Are you corrupting your own bow? The chance of hitting a good corruption is drastically overshadowed by the chance of bricking your 5l/6l. If you're buying one then the mods you care about are +1 arrow and Culling Strike.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Just showing how I run lab with my current setup (full speed wander):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiXH03uYYKY

I'm not trying to super optimize everything with a 2000 life LL mine build, but it works well enough.

On a related note, I tried to use Phase Run but it crashes my game or something. I don't know what the trigger is exactly, but I get this crash where the game will freeze and go unresponsive for a good 20 seconds, all the audio will still play as my character is still moving around server-side, the window will change size, I might get a big chain of error boxes, and then either I force quit PoE or it crashes me to the login screen with an instance crash. It has only ever happened to me on runs where I use Phase Run, and only ever when I'm leaving a side chamber after getting the loot from it (it's happened to me after killing Argus and opening Silver Door loot boxes). I tried to record this a good 6-7 times all with crashes before finally deciding to take off Phase Run, which got me this successful attempt. It happened to me both in Borderless Window and Fullscreen, so it's not related to that, and it also happened to me 3-4 times while not recording, including after a fresh reboot, so it's not related to recording. I've never gotten the crash on a run I don't use Phase Run. Anyone have any idea if this is a known issue or what's causing it?

E: Somewhat related my graphics used to just start exploding in rainbow colors after killing Izaro sometimes, which suggests that the GPU was dying, but I've never had any GPU issues outside of the lab and outside of specifically the rainbow color explosions after killing Izaro, which suggests to me more than lab is completely hosed up in some way more than anything else. I know lots of people crash a shitload in lab and never anywhere else.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Sep 26, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

interrodactyl posted:

Your pathing is really inefficient and that bothers me.

For your crashes with phase run, have you tried running dx9/multithreading off?

Do you mean how I get through the lab? Because I just run around towards where I think things are I know I'm taking wrong turns all over the place.

I haven't tried loving with any settings for the crashes.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

NofrikinfuN posted:

What would a 797% Facebreaker go for?

Do most of the builds using them revolve around totems or are there other shenanigans i could try?

http://poe.trade/search/inoooroniniwon

~15c corrupted without a useful corruption, ~25c uncorrupted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Fixit posted:

Quick question, for a Queen of the Forest Uber Lab Runner build is Devoto's or Rat's Nest a better helmet? I will be running BV as my damage skill but also curious if BF is viable, for when fighting Izario

Thanks!

Just in case here is the profile link. TrixieRacer

Devotos should give more movespeed than the difference in evasion gives with QotF, but really it just comes down to whichever one you can get the enchant you want on cheaper. Meta enchants are usually quite a bit cheaper on Devotos for any kind of crit build.

Also veterans don't generally give advice saying to do whatever you want on your own. GGG employees will say the best way to experience the game is to go in with no help whatsoever, though. It could go both ways, dumping too much information and items on a new player is definitely a hindrance to their learning experience and enjoyment of the game, but also doing things blindly sucks. It's a pretty commonly talked about thing with game devs to complain about the new player experience where a new player walks into the global chat, says they're new, and immediately gets thousands of items thrown at them with a step by step guide on how to get through everything in the early game in the most efficient way possible, and that's an extremely lovely experience for a lot of people.