Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.
Ya'll I am too retarded to understand the details of pricing poo poo that doesn't have a bunch of examples on POE trade.

The trading app says 3-5ex, but the only melee examples I can find are much more than that. There are a bunch of bows in the 5ex range that have already been six linked.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.

euphronius posted:

What is the item level

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.
Well I mean that's basically my question I guess - is the combination of implicit and the explicit +1 level of socketed gems worth anything, as there don't really seem to be many examples of that at any ilvl. The other two I can find are week old dead postings I think.

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.
Having something like awakened POE trade helps, also reading the gearing section for a bunch of popular build guides helps. That said I'm still bad as hell at figuring out whats valuable and still can't decide if the thing I posted above is actually worth anything.

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.
I'm playing an ele hit deadeye and it just felt like I was slaming my dick in a door tonight. I don't have a Farrul's Fur yet because I can't afford it and I can't do things that make money at a reasonable pace without occasionally wanting to quit and uninstall. T14 maps are okay damage wise but god forbid I make a single error (or have a tiny bit of latency) as I'll instantly die. Doesn't help that I just had a CTD 3 inches from the escape route on a major heist to end the night. I almost want to reroll at this point but I was hoping to at least build some currency with this character as a league starter and I have only made like 4 ex.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/teh_llama/characters

tehllama fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 11, 2021

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.
I got about halfway through rolling a mine lightning orb dodge ascendant last night, looks like I can afford to gear it out of the bat when I finish the campaign. If I can run 14’s without frequently randomly dying I’ll be happy.

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.
Whoever suggested parachuting to max dodge ball lightning ascendant as a better league starter than ele hit deadeye THANK YOU, now comfortably running t16’s on a build that initially cost like 5ex to get running, and I’ve now managed to build up my bank to above 10 ex plus decent midrange gear.

That said, I have a few questions.
1. I’ve been trying to learn crafting and am starting to understand some of the basics, helped by guides on crafting specific items that some build guides have. That said, lots of these guides just casually say stuff like “augment crit,” I guess the assumption is buying this kind of thing through TFT? I haven’t played since before harvest so it seems really foreign to me but I guess that’s the way things work now?

2. Are there better websites for build guides than the first couple of things that come up googling? I’ve begun looking around for builds to move on to now that I have a good league starter established but I still need a decent amount of handholding and I don’t want to get burned again building something that turns out to be poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.

Suspicious posted:

Akane BL miner can do 100% delirious maps. The clear is not especially great but the survivability is there. Only 1 death to Kosis when he was a sliver away from death himself but only because I ran out of flask charges. Half flask charges gained was one of the map mods and I ran out of trash to kill.

Yes it definitely can but you need to be pretty close to her final season build to do it...which is probably >100 ex.